Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 10: 2 years in the making , 10th of August at the Exchange: MvC, AE, IGAU, SSBM

Options
  • 26-07-2013 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Day Of Champions 10
    10th of August
    The Exchange
    AE, IGAU, MvC3, SSBM
    PS3 for IGAU, Xbox all/ others.
    Doors open 11am, Starting roughly 12pm.
    Tournament order will be AE, MvC, IGAU/SSBM
    Price:
    10 into 1 tournament, 15 into all.
    Brining consoles and monitors reduces cost of entry: 5 euro for either a monitor or a console, free entry if both are brought.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; IGAU,SSBM and MvC3 tournaments are double elimination. AE will be pools followed by top 8 in double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds, except for UMvC3, which will be best of 5, and SSBM, which will be best of 3 games. SSBM will be 3 stock, 8 minutes. Stages selectable will be tournament standard. Full SSBM rules here. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played. Any game with with a different rule set will be played according to its tournament standard type.
    Only grand finals will be 3/5 if that is not the standard tournament type.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs or Infernos (where applicable) will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly seeded.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute. This includes pausing during cinematic supers/hypers, except in the case of a character death being guaranteed by the super/hyper.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No white track suits please.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

IF the planets align, I will have proper commentary headsets AND the capability for people to plug their own in while playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Will there be SSBM

I'll bring my Wii then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

SuperChar wrote: »
    Will there be SSBM

I was going to say that based on the fact Pentiko/Strawberry Oreo apparently ran a tournament with 20+ entrants for Melee (I wasn't there), that there might actually be a genuine resurgence of demand for the game.

I wouldn't be able to say conclusively if we could get that much attendance on the day, but if more Smash players could confirm their numbers and intention of coming, there might be a strong case for having it too (and I know the exchange had a bucketload of CRTs we might be able to use).

I'm just throwing it out there because I'm obviously attending either way; and I DON'T want to see a tournament being run unless we have confirmation of good numbers on the day.

I was going to say that based on the fact Pentiko/Strawberry Oreo apparently ran a tournament with 20+ entrants for Melee (I wasn't there), that there might actually be a genuine resurgence of demand for the game.

I wouldn't be able to say conclusively if we could get that much attendance on the day, but if more Smash players could confirm their numbers and intention of coming, there might be a strong case for having it too (and I know the exchange had a bucketload of CRTs we might be able to use).

I'm just throwing it out there because I'm obviously attending either way; and I DON'T want to see a tournament being run unless we have confirmation of good numbers on the day.

Well if you need me to I'll bring my Wii and two controllers(I have only had the game for a short amount of time and dont have all the characters so if needs be you'll need your own memory card) and I can also bring my copy

• Advertisement

Well if you need me to I'll bring my Wii and two controllers

I'll message you about equipment if I think we need it. But right now don't worry about it.

Keep in mind: there is no Smash confirmed for this event currently, so don't bring anything Smash related.

If Pentiko can make the predictions of possible attendance, and its then ultimately up to Voa if he wants to include it based on that and his own logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Will try make this. Only thing stopping me is the rays of appollo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Okay, sure, why not, Smash heads :P

Dave, can you draw up a basic set of running rules for Smash, I'll put it into the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

The Hound wrote: »
    Will try make this. Only thing stopping me is the rays of appollo

You really love that sun

This could be a more serious business tournament than the last one.

We could actually run *gasp* singles.

PentiKo recently ran an actual tournament and knows actual players, so I'd let him throw in the rules.
    I'd assume he used these: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tournament_legal_%28SSBM%29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Commentary headsets yoooooooo!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lythero wrote: »
    Commentary headsets yoooooooo!

I'm hoping to sort out the second pair this Monday, otherwise the commentators will have to fight over them!

I'll message you about equipment if I think we need it. But right now don't worry about it.

Keep in mind: there is no Smash confirmed for this event currently, so don't bring anything Smash related.

If Pentiko can make the predictions of possible attendance, and its then ultimately up to Voa if he wants to include it based on that and his own logistics.

I could ask the facebook group as I'm in it and see how may of them are willing to come

I could ask the facebook group as I'm in it and see how may of them are willing to come

I already did that yesterday....

It's cool. Just relax and show up on the day. That's all I need you to do.

I already did that yesterday....

It's cool. Just relax and show up on the day. That's all I need you to do.
    I'll bring a console and some stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

Definitely coming to this. I'll be there for AE, Marvel and Smash. And even Injustice if I get the cheap stuff by then. Last tourney wasn't ready for my superman

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'l be there for AE and Marvel.

Get hype

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I'll be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Should be there for INJUSTICE and sf4

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'll be there for AE and MVC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I actually won't be in this one, I'm afraid. I've booked a flight and registered for the Vs Fighting tournament in Birmingham on the same weekend! Sorry guys - will have you mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

So the posters and flyers. Are we gonna do this?

Who has enough skill to knock something out.

Info: name of tourny
    Date and time
    Games- logos and typed names
    Prizes
    Qr code link to the randomselect.ie post about the tourny

Urls for random select.ie and facebook.com /random select.ie at the bottom of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

It's been a while since I've been to one of these, but I'll definitely be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

So the posters and flyers. Are we gonna do this?

Who has enough skill to knock something out.

Info: name of tourny
    Date and time
    Games- logos and typed names
    Prizes
    Qr code link to the randomselect.ie post about the tourny

Urls for random select.ie and facebook.com /random select.ie at the bottom of the page.

Sure I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

This could be a more serious business tournament than the last one.

We could actually run *gasp* singles.

PentiKo recently ran an actual tournament and knows actual players, so I'd let him throw in the rules.
    I'd assume he used these: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tournament_legal_%28SSBM%29

We used the same rules as EVO 2013, which are more less the same as those ones. The specific points were:
    • 4 stock, 7 minutes.
    • 2 out of 3 games; 3 out of 5 for the grand finals.
    • 6 legal stages:
      Yoshi's Story, Pokémon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land N64, Battlefield, Final Destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Whilst I am not running this tourney, alarm bells ring when I hear of 7 minute rounds..... that'll take forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Whilst I am not running this tourney, alarm bells ring when I hear of 7 minute rounds..... that'll take forever?
    Time limit is effectively a formality in my experience. Matches are typically won long before time becomes a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Sadly I can't make this one I am busy that week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I'll be there, Doyler told me I have to go and I don't think I have a choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Time limit is effectively a formality in my experience. Matches are typically won long before time becomes a factor.

That's when you have bat-**** crazy Melee players playing. Any Smash tournament I've been to usually runs the clock down to the wire every round. If there's a large group of people attending this (and apparently there's a whole other scene making an appearance) then I think dropping it to 3/4 stock, 5 minutes should be considered. Especially since we'll probably have 2 setups at the most with 3 other tournaments to run.

Advertisement