Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Build - Around 1500E

Options
  • 25-07-2013 4:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for help on a build, on putting specs together on http://www.hardwareversand.de/ . Probably just going to take their pre configured Suggestion 4, Intel Gaming, and tweak it a bit, but if anybody can give me some better build I would go for it

1 Budget : unlimited, if its worth it, but I am guessing around 1500 based on messing around with the build I mentioned above
    2 Main Purpose : I play poker ; I run alot of DB programs that collate stats for hands, multiple sites, etc. My current laptop (i72640M, 8gb, 256 SSD) gets pretty sluggish when I am in the middle of a full session. I want a system that has absolutely no sluggishness whatsoever when I am playing.
    • CPU power, RAM, and SSD are all essential. even if its unnecessary, Im going to get 32 RAM. 256 SSD sounds good along with 1 TB extra. Anymore is not necessary. CPU I was thinking i7 3770k , or is there any value in 200 Euro more for i7 3930?
    • Graphics card is irrelevant beyond the need to support multiple monitors - so the cheapest graphics card that supports Displayport AND DVI-D.
    • I would like it to be as quiet as possible, and have good cooling - I have had machines overheat before, dont want to run into that again
    • Obviously need LAN internet and also a wireless card
    • onboard sound would be fine, a sound card is a waste of money for me right?

3 Need Windows - yes
    4 Need Monitor - no, taken care of [Displayport or DVI-D connections]
    6 Peripherals - no, will buy elsewhere, apart from Wireless card mentioned above
    7 Overclocking? Not sure - should I? Would it make my system less stable/prone to crashing?
    8 Any method, CC Paypal Bank Transfer all possible
    9 When? Now, want to order this week, Thursday if I get some responses
    10 Located in Donegal, but will get http://www.hardwareversand.de/ to put it together for me to save me the hassle (unless someone suggests I order elsewhere)

Thanks for any responses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

There's no way you'll need anywhere near 32GB if RAM. Your laptop seems quite powerful, what exactly were you doing that might have made it run sluggishly?

Advertisement