Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

But if it's around since March 2010, the technology onboard can't be great can it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Cheers OP! I've wanted a Wacom Intuos for years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Soarer wrote: »
    But if it's around since March 2010, the technology onboard can't be great can it?!

Can't be great? Do you have a real world application that requires more than 5080lpi, 2048 levels, +-60degree tilt, 197pps?

Those specs are the same as intuos 5 which just adds touch which people seem to turn off anyway and some lights.

paddyp wrote: »
    Can't be great? Do you have a real world application that requires more than 5080lpi, 2048 levels, +-60degree tilt, 197pps?

Those specs are the same as intuos 5 which just adds touch which people seem to turn off anyway and some lights.

Didn't read the specs tbh. Was just thinking that "normally" a 3 year old tablet is old tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Soarer wrote: »
    Didn't read the specs tbh. Was just thinking that "normally" a 3 year old tablet is old tech.

It's not the kind of tablet you're thinking of I'd say! :)

• Advertisement

It's not the kind of tablet you're thinking of I'd say! :)

Correct and true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

paddyp wrote: »

How much of its price is just wireless option? Useless in my opinion.

I was always wondering why they didn't manage to put simplest LCD underneath touching layers (in that price wouldn't be a big deal) and make it much more convinced to use? As I had some occasions to use graphic tabled with display, I must say the difference is huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

zom wrote: »

I was always wondering why they didn't manage to put simplest LCD underneath touching layers (in that price wouldn't be a big deal) and make it much more convinced to use? As I had some occasions to use graphic tabled with display, I must say the difference is huge!

You don't have to use the wireless and its the cheaper than wired for that active are anywhere I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

I have the wired version of this tablet ('slate' might be a better word in this age of ipad's) and it's great. It's a must for computer based illustration or photo-retouching. That price is fantastic. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

zom wrote: »

[..]

That depends on your setup. I have the wireless version and it's really handy with laptop connected to a tv screen 3 meters away from me. But for purely desktop use it's probably not necessary to have the bluetooth option (unless you want to use it with an android phone :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

PrzemoF wrote: »
    That depends on your setup. I have the wireless version and it's really handy with laptop connected to a tv screen 3 meters away from me.

May I ask you what do you use it for in that settings (laptop + TV + wacom)??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Anything that doesn't require keyboard, but requires a big screen. Like watching movies, showing boring family photos to your uncle and so on. A wireless mouse could do the same thing, but I think it's worth paying extra to get the wireless version of the tablet.

Advertisement