Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual Charleville Castle Photography Weekend August 10-11th 2013

Options
  • 08-07-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Annual Charleville Castle Photography Weekend August 10-11th 2013

The 8th annual Boards.ie photography trip to Charleville Castle has been officially confirmed and we got the 10th and 11th of August all to ourselves. A big thanks to everyone who voted for the dates it's always important to try keep everyone happy.

Well this is your opportunity to photograph and stay over night in one of the most beautiful ornate Neo-Gothic Castles in all of Ireland. The castle is only open to the public for guided tours but during your stay you will have the freedom of the castle and it's grounds.

==== INFO PACK ====

This year our numbers are limited to 30 so first 30 to send me their details via the registration form will secure a place and the rest will be put on the good old waiting list, there are always cancellations or maybe even an increase in our allocation so stick your name down and I'll see what I can do. I'll keep everyone up to date on places as the registrations are processed. Same as the previous years most people will undoubtedly will be camping outside in the gardens but there will be limited space available inside in the morning room.

The agreed donation/fee for the weekend has been set at €35 which is payable upon arrival to either myself or designated castle staff all the proceeds go directly towards the castle restoration and upkeep. Oh please have exact change handy.

Closing date for registrations will be the 4th of August and late registrations will simply not be accepted as the castle require details to be sent ahead of us arriving.

Please submit your details ASAP as this will be considered your booking confirmation.

Registration form
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDRxdHBKR2xoVFV0QnB4T3NsZElZRmc6MQ

If for some reason your plans change and you are unable to make it let me know and i can hand the place over to one of the waiting.

==== A little about the castle ====
    Wiki Info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleville_Forest_Castle
    Location : http://maps.yahoo.com/map/?lat=53.26113951868638&lon=-7.527443915605545&bb=53.26380757555863%2C-7.5358083844184875%2C53.258471461814125%2C-7.5190794467926025
    GPS : LAT:53.261278 LON:7.52714

==== Things to bring ====
    - Tent (the weather should be great)
    - Sleeping bag.
    - Rain gear just in case.
    - Heavy jacket as it gets quite cold inside the castle.
    - Good warm pair of gloves.
    - Pen and paper.
    - Ground mat if you have one.
    - Good torch/flash light and spare battery’s.
    - Fully charged batteries for your camera as sockets are limited.
    - Food and drink for both days. There will be a LIDL and Dunnes open just a short drive/walk away. You will have use of the castle kitchen and fridge to sort out food.

==== Ok the rough plan is ====

Saturday
    - We will all be meeting up outside castle at 11:00AM Saturday the 10th to get acquainted and complete final sign in this is mandatory and you will not be given access to the castle if you miss it, The sign in and lay down of the castle ground rules should take no longer than 30 minutes. If you cant make it for 11AM let me know in advance.

- Tour of the castle and grounds.
    - Exploring and photographing of the castle and grounds.
    - Group workshops.
    - Late night tour of castle and grounds/forest.
    - BBQ/Fire/social gathering around back weather permitting (B.Y.O.B)

Sunday
    - Sunday will be for exploring and photographing the castle and grounds and any other activity's we dream up.
    - Depart back home around 6:00 PM

This event is open to boards.ie members only.

======

Any questions just PM or reply

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Should be fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Tallon wrote: »
    Should be fun :)

Indeedy.

@seb - form filled in for two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Looking forward to the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Done.

Thanks to Xia for the heads up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Form completed and batteries charging!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

A bit of an update

We have 8 people all signed up but will have to bolster the numbers a bit. I'm going to contact the castle and see what our minimum is and let you know. For now if anyone anyone who might like to join us then give them a shout.

Thanks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Done and done for me and missuspandb

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Im not sure If I can make it this year (need to pick my weekends away from Family) but If I cant make it for the full weekend can I attend for the day??

Yea sure that should be fine.
    Im not sure If I can make it this year (need to pick my weekends away from Family) but If I cant make it for the full weekend can I attend for the day??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Unfortunately I can't make it this year and it will be my first one to miss (yes I've been to the previous 7 :o). You'll need a new barbecue chef this year too ;). To anyone who hasn't attended it before and is thinking about it, don't, just go. It's a blast.

• Advertisement

Another small update.

Remember castle volunteers Terri and Niall(Smiley) from previous years photography weekend ?? Well they recently became proud parents and have asked if we don't mind them and a few of their close friends joining us on site for the evening. Should be around 10 people and if they want to join us for the big BBQ then they would be contributing just like everyone else.

Oh and Darren it wont be the same without you :(

Sebzy wrote: »
    Another small update.

Remember castle volunteers Terri and Niall(Smiley) from previous years photography weekend ?? Well they recently became proud parents and have asked if we don't mind them and a few of their close friends joining us on site for the evening. Should be around 10 people and if they want to join us for the big BBQ then they would be contributing just like everyone else. (

Of course that's ok! The more the merrier and we don't seem to be too many this year anyhow.

Oh, and congratulations to the new parents.

Yes, Darren, you'll be missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Unfortunately I am no longer available to attend :(

All is still going fine here but just wanted to post a link to a gallery of images from the castle for anyone still trying to make up their minds.

This is what you will be missing and more!
    Flickr gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Hey Seb, I submitted a form for myself and himself last week (think it was Friday) - did you get those?

Ta :)

Can't wait!!

I've got

Tallon
    trooney
    xia
    Adrian.Sadlier
    humberklog
    the_syco
    Pontecake
    pullandbang
    Missuspandb
    Cork_girl
    jjdubya

trooney on his own???? ;)

Right you are xia there was a comment I missed

Sebzy
    Tallon
    trooney
    Nebezpeci Mys
    xia
    Adrian.Sadlier
    humberklog
    the_syco
    Pontecake
    pullandbang
    Missuspandb
    Cork_girl
    jjdubya

Methinks jonnykitedude is planning a day trip rather than the full overnight.

If you can make it please throw your details down on the form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

If you can make it please throw your details down on the form.

Sorry Seb, all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jleite

Hello Seb, are there spaces left?

jleite wrote: »
    Hello Seb, are there spaces left?

yea sure we're well under our quota.

yea sure we're well under our quota.

Great stuff, I submitted a form, hope all is in order.
    Looking forward to catching up!

Oooh just noticed that Tallon is now sporting a "Closed Account" title!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oooh just noticed that Tallon is now sporting a "Closed Account" title!
    Aye. I don't think he'll be joining us :/

/edit; I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it either :'( as finances look bad.

What are the final numbers looking like?

jleite wrote: »
    What are the final numbers looking like?

Looks like we have 13 people on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jjdubya

By any chance would anyone have a spare tripod that I could borrow this Saturday? A bottle of Sierra Nevada or a can of disgraceful strength cider for whoever can help out.

• Advertisement

what is Sierra Nevada? ...

Advertisement