Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSN Codes region locked?

Options
  • 26-06-2013 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

Quick question.

I bought a PS Vita with the Mega Value pack from Amazon France. The PSN code to redeem the 10 games just gives me a message saying the code is not valid. I'm trying to redeem it using my Irish account.

Does anyone know if these codes are region locked?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Yeah it's locked to the region you made your account in. Not where you buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

jaxdasher wrote: »

So that means it should work for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Make a French PSN account. Bish bash bosh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

So that means it should work for me.

It will work...on the French PSN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

jaxdasher wrote: »

no..its region locked to the country, if you buy in germany the code is only good with a german account. if you buy a french card and have an irish account it'll only work for france.

the best option is create a french account, insert codes, download games....they will stay on the vita even if you delete the french account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I meant buying the console sorry. I forgot if he was talking about vita or ps3.

Advertisement