Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under The Dome [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **] (Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

I liked it.. but wonder if there should be a book spoilers thread, or at least a concerted effort to tag book spoilers? Because I can already see how different it is from the book, and I imagine people will start to comment the specific differences and speculate on future events based on book knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Here we go again. :)

Fair point. I'll update the OP.

Excellent! Anyone else feel there was a real sense of Jericho to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really great opening episode of a TV show - reminded me of watching the first episode of LOST back in 2004, straight into the action and you give a damn about the characters from the get go.

As already mentioned a lot of differences from the book already creeping in, so should be interesting...
    Season opener out, passing on this myself.

This can only be a good sign. Richard passing on a show that has a lot of hype and great critical response generally turns out to be fantastic. ;)
    btw, if you're not watching it, please don't turn this thread into Richard Dower and the Ratings of Doom... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

pretty decent start, a lot of interesting characters and lot of storylines set-up that should fill out a 13 episode season nicely,

i was surprised they killed off the sheriff so early in it, and there really seems to be something very sinister about dean norris councilman character, and his son is probably even worse it looks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Good start. Gives a side of beef a whole new meaning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

good opener, and britt robertson is a fave of mine, massive numbers!

13.1 million and a huge 3.2 demo!!!!! http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/06/25/under-the-dome-premiere-delivers-3-2-adults-18-49-rating-13-1-million-viewers/188850/

not only that - it was on at 10pm...wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Excellent! Anyone else feel there was a real sense of Jericho to it?

woo havn't seen it yet but I was hoping it would have a Jericho feel to it! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Excellent pilot, I'll definitely be tuning in for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good start, would have loved a double episode to open. Channel 5 have the UK rights for it, not sure if RTÉ will pick it up for here or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

What a opener! Can't wait for the second episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, enjoyed this..

.. plenty of familiar faces and set the show up nicely.

Will definitely watch more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Britt Robertson looks different somehow from her Secret Circle Days.

Really good pilot. Had to get the psycho in there.

Haven't read the book so wondering what the propane is about.

Guess Aunt Zelda can't use magic in there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Guess Aunt Zelda can't use magic in there either.
    Yeah, girlfriend mentioned "look how old she's gotten" in passing..

.. but to be fair, Sabrina The Teenage Witch began over 15 years ago now.

I feel so old!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, girlfriend mentioned "look how old she's gotten" in passing..

.. but to be fair, Sabrina The Teenage Witch began over 15 years ago now.

Still would though...

***I'll see myself out***

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Still would though...

***I'll see myself out***

So I wasn't the only that researched the Sabrina actresses after Basq's comment? :o

I'm wondering how will they make this into a series or what they can do to extend the show. I know the book is long but doubt it's long enough for 4 or 5 seasons and the only way they can introduce new characters is to either show what's going on outside the dome or have people appear who've been supposedly in the town the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The pilot was pretty good, but I don't see how they can keep this going long term. Hope they will surprise us in that regard and come up with something to keep things interesting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Was I the only 1 that thought of Man Vs. Food when the cow got sliced down the middle?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I saw the first episode yesterday, I quite liked it.

Hope it maintains the level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Very solid opener. King adaptations are very hit and miss, this has the makings of a hit. The characters have translated seemlessly from page to screen, the sub plots have been nicely established (Big Jim & the propane, Junior's a pyscho, Barbie, the kids having the seizures) and it's managed to not come off at all cheesy or ridiculous. Looking forward to seeing how they approach what's going on in the outside world.

Also, this must be what it's like for the book readers in the Game of Thrones forum :D Very happy though that they've said they are diverging slight from the book (the ending in particular) so there might be a few surprises along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Season opener out, passing on this myself.
    good opener, and britt robertson is a fave of mine, massive numbers!

13.1 million and a huge 3.2 demo!!!!! http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/06/25/under-the-dome-premiere-delivers-3-2-adults-18-49-rating-13-1-million-viewers/188850/

:confused:

Anyway.....

Intriguing start to the season. I'll definitely be watching next week and look forward to getting to know some of the characters better, especially Big Jim and his psycho son!

:confused:

Anyway.....

Intriguing start to the season. I'll definitely be watching next week and look forward to getting to know some of the characters better, especially Big Jim and his psycho son!

I'm weird....just go with it.......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Have to say this was much better than I had hoped, I'm not a huge King fan, well I loved the dark tower series of books and the book for this one, as said the book end was rubbish but for me it was all about the characters they were superb, don't think I've ever hated someone so much in print as I did Big Jim he was a loathsome bastard, hopefully that aspect is done well on screen.

Not sure if there are the numbers to warrant it but perhaps a book spoilers thread is in order???, can be annoying for non-readers to us saying x y z is the same or different every week.

calex71 wrote: »
    Have to say this was much better than I had hoped, I'm not a huge King fan, well I loved the dark tower series of books and the book for this one, as said the book end was rubbish but for me it was all about the characters they were superb, don't think I've ever hated someone so much in print as I did Big Jim he was a loathsome bastard, hopefully that aspect is done well on screen.

Not sure if there are the numbers to warrant it but perhaps a book spoilers thread is in order???, can be annoying for non-readers to us saying x y z is the same or different every week.
    i always say dedicated book spoiler thread are good, but only if the show has a dedicated forum, like game of thrones and the walking dead, you can start a book spoiler thread if you want, most likely it will die off and get buried with all the activity in this forum, but noting stopping you from making it,

• Registered Users Posts: 85,508 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

don ramo wrote: »
    pretty decent start, a lot of interesting characters and lot of storylines set-up that should fill out a 13 episode season nicely,

i was surprised they killed off the sheriff so early in it, and there really seems to be something very sinister about dean norris councilman character, and his son is probably even worse it looks,

Yes it is a shame Jeff Fahey's Sheriff was killed off in the pilot by an exploding pacemaker

Barbie is hot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

watched the 1st ep there very good opener loads of crap going on will def keep watching.the cow getting cut in half:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

That was quality!

That was quality!

meat!....that cow would make a great .gif :P

• Advertisement

meat!....that cow would make a great .gif :P
    tumblr_moymslDoc61r6y67yo1_250.gif

Advertisement