Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under The Dome [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **] (Warning in OP)

Options
  • 23-01-2013 3:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Starts Monday June 24th @ 10pm

CBS has given a straight-to-series order for 13 episodes of UNDER THE DOME, a serialized drama from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television based on Stephen King’s best-selling novel of the same name. The series will be broadcast in summer 2013.

UNDER THE DOME is the story of a small New England town that is suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town’s inhabitants must deal with surviving the post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from and if and when it will go away.

Colin Ford cast: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-under-dome-casts-jake-412570
    Natalie Martinez and Alex Koch cast: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/csi-nys-natalie-martinez-under-the-dome-cbs-414650
    Mod wrote:
    This is for discussion of the TV show, not the book. If you have read the book, please don't spoil anything that might be coming up (deaths, twists etc.) - not even in spoiler tags. Use common sense. Normal escalation applies for offenses: warnings -> infractions -> bans.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Former True Blood witch doctor Aisha Hinds is joining CBS’ summer series Under the Dome.

Hinds will play Carolyn Hill, a powerful Los Angeles entertainment attorney who’s trapped in the doomed (and domed) town of Chester’s Mill while she and her partner drive their teenage daughter to a camp for troubled youth.

www.tvline.com

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sounds like a post-apocalyptic Rose of Tralee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought it was going to be a show about fixing power failures during sporting events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I wonder will they keep the fact that one of the few planes to hit the dome in the book was an Aer Lingus one :D

I have to say I'm really looking forward to this, the book it self was written like it was for TV, with each chapter taking me 45 minutes to get through, not sure about the casting though Dean Norris is a fine actor but I don't see him as being loathsome enough to play Jim Remmy, who has to be one of kings best written characters in a long time...... vile horrible man.

Also when I heard this was being made I imagined skeet ulrich playing Dale :(

13 episodes seem a big short given the length of the book , I know TV makes everything shorter but still 13 is a little on the short side imo.

The book was not with out it's flaws many slated the ending, I won't comment on that only to say I really wasn't that bothered by it, I enjoyed it for what it was especially the characters, I really hope they stay true to the book regards Junior ..... now that will be some messed up stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

calex71 wrote: »

The book was not with out it's flaws many slated the ending,

It's a Stephen King book, of course it ended badly.

I wonder will they keep the fact that one of the few planes to hit the dome in the book was an Aer Lingus one :D

haha! :p

More casting news: Dean Morris cast: http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/under-dome-casting-news-dean-norris-cast.html

Mike Vogel cast, he was in Pan Am: http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/under-dome-casting-news-lead-role-cast.html

Aisha hinds cast: http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/under-dome-casting-news-aisha-hinds.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It wasn't an Aer Lingus plane.

It wasn't an Aer Lingus plane.

Ryan Air.......? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ryan Air.......? ;)

It was Shamrock Air or Ireland Air or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Also when I heard this was being made I imagined skeet ulrich playing Dale :(

Yes the premise does sound similar to Jericho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes the premise does sound similar to Jericho

While I was reading it I immediately pictured skeet in his jericho role for Dale.

For Big Jim I imagined him more of a Boss Hog from Dukes of Hazard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Timfy

It's a shame for CBS that the Simpsons movie got there first...

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Ahhh....some light Summer fluff to watch, turn the brain off :)

ffs! :mad: - typical money hungry American producers, always looking for that mutli season show and backend syndication money :mad:

See we were lead to belive UTD was a standalone 13 episodes and done Summer show....with a proper end, but now the morons have decided to change the ending, change the premise of the book, and see can they get more seasons.......:mad: :rolleyes:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/under-dome-10-things-know-560750

^ not watching, if it gets cancelled we'll have no conculsion, another pathetic US style cliffhanger.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

See we were lead to belive UTD was a standalone 13 episodes and done Summer show....with a proper end, but now the morons have decided to change the ending, change the premise of the book, and see can they get more seasons.......:mad: :rolleyes:
    Why the surprise? I've known it was written for potential multiple seasons for weeks now. It's not really a new thing!
    Granted, I believe there's probably not enough material there for loads of seasons but this certainly wouldn't stop me watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Since I've read the book, I'd be happy to see it changed, because I won't know what will happen.
    The premise itself is enough to make a good TV show. If its good, I don't care if they make it multiple seasons long.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Since I've read the book, I'd be happy to see it changed, because I won't know what will happen.
    Ditto. It's good to diverge (and this may also happen with "Game of Thrones" if GRRM doesn't start writing faster!).

Also the ending to the book was pretty poor so I wouldn't mind seeing it altered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Loved the book- agreed ending was bit meh but in truth the main story is about the psychology of what would happen a towns citizens in this situation rather than why thedome is there

Should make for fun thrashy tv- kinds expecting something like Jericho :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The ending of the book was godawful so that might not actually be a negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

well haven is also based on a stephen king novel and its heading into its 4th season on syfy, like any show around if its done right it will be good,

OMG!........ewwwwww!, man.....wtf, that was utterly GROSS! :(

Warning....second video is disturbingly graphic :(

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/06/under-dome-episode-101-pilot-2-sneak.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

That was cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looking forward to this... though very few summer shows make it onto my regular rota!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was worried that this will be on CBS, but after seeing that second clip, might not affect it as much as I thought it would. Some great talent in that cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Shades of The Simpsons movie :D

Season opener out, passing on this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Reviews for it has been damn good, so I'm definitely giving it a watch!

Plus I'm rewatching Breaking Bad at the minute, and forgot how fantastic Dean Norris can be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched the first 15 minutes this morning before work. Great start!

Advertisement