Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone remember 'Hoyt and Andy's Sportsbender'?

Options
  • 30-05-2013 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

This was a short-lived 'adult' animation from the 1990s. It wasn't 'adult' on a par with South Park et al, more along the lines of The Simpsons.

It centred on two slobbish males who presented a show on television involving sports. I had a few episodes taped off the TV.

I remember one episode in particular, where the guys agree to announce that a horse (who was called 'Good for Glue') has won a race, even though he hasn't, to appease a Mafioso. Cue several Godfather parodies.

Does anyone else remember this show? I think it's amazing that there is no footage on YouTube.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

You're not alone, I remember it well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JiliK1

That's weird. I was just thinking about this the other day. As far as I can remember it was on Network 2 in the Summer of '96. I definitely had at least episode taped too, one where they were tasting baseball cards at the start.

From what I could find on Google, it was an attempt by ESPN to do a sports-themed animated series, but only a couple of episodes aired before they canned it.

Advertisement