Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nearly Caught Out

Options
  • 10-06-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

I booked a flight with Flybe, UK to Waterford everything fine and said if I registered I would get a £20 discount off the next booking.

As I'll be travelling this route regularly I did all that and it directed me to what I thought was the Flybe site but was in fact something called greatbritish discounts so everything OK until I read that the first 30 days is free and after that you pay £14 per month unless you cancel.

I did the same yesterday with Travelodge they offered a discount voucher for registering, went back and checked to find the same again, £10 per month with completesavings.co.uk unless you cancel.

You think you're registering to get a discount voucher and to make life easier when booking regularly so watch out as it isn't clear what you're signing up for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Ryanair and Ebay have similar "discount vouchers" available when you book/buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

surely though when registering they ask for a credit card to charge (eventually)...would that not give it away that its not legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

And Shirley you'd read the terms and conditions for, at least, things that sound too good to be true?

Advertisement