Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone gone from 23" to 27" both at 1080p?

• 12-05-2013 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

As the title really - I'm currently gaming on a 23" 1920*1080 monitor but every now and then I toy with the idea of going for a larger screen. I game at 120Hz so 1440P isn't an option, leaving a 27" also at 1920*1080 the only viable alternative.

Has anyone here made that move, and if so, was it wort it at all? Obviously, the bigger screen would be lovely, but not sure if IQ takes too much of a hit from the lower pixel density. All feedback appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Have you considered the Qnix 27" 1440p korean monitors that overclock to 120hz? Try the catleap post for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

BloodBath wrote: »
    Have you considered the Qnix 27" 1440p korean monitors that overclock to 120hz? Try the catleap post for more info.

Yeah, did cross my mind, though 1440P at 120Hz would require a lot more GPU power than I currently have (or can likely afford with a new build). Thanks for the suggestion though - I'll definitely look into it further! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd only use a 27" 1080P screen for gaming or movies. For normal computer usage the resolution would be cack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

27" 1080P is terrible ;-)

Alrighty so, I'll bin that idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I use 3 of these 27" Samsung's for gaming, and find them brilliant. When I got them first I thought 1080p might look rubbish at 27", but I find them great-I sit about 600mm from the centre screen though.

Had a Dell u2711 for a few days, though colours looked a bit more vibrant, I much prefer the smoothness & zero blur of 120hzmuch easier on the eyes when gaming.

Would love to go to higher res, but personally I'm not convinced about overclocked A- 1440 panels lasting the pace. I love eyefinity, but 7680x1440 would mean serious grunt to even get over 60FPS, my CF 7970's would struggle.

Thanks for the feedback glynf. I'm using the Samsung A700 here and it was indeed their 27" monitors I was considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I love those monitors. It's a real pity that I need a VESA mount, or I'd have seriously considered those. (Glossy panel is also a minus, though with looks like that...)

I've been considering jumping to 27" 1080p as well, though given my situation, it's the type of thing I'd ideally want to try out before I commit to a monitor. It might happen that 2560 is completely doable, I just don't know.

I hear ya Serephucus. Unfortunately, can't think of a single place where I might see one running in the flesh.

Advertisement