Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any expats working in Galway? Meetup?

Options
  • 11-05-2013 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello! I am interested in meeting up with fellow expats working in Galway. I am a Canadian from beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia and would like to meet up with folks working in Galway, and get some ideas and feedbaxk of living in Galway.

Cheers!

Anthony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Welcome to Galway, the best spot in Ireland.

There are tons of expats in Galway. So many, in fact, you might have better luck if we know more about you.

Are you a student? What do you do for a living? What age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mav238

Thanks newkie. So glad to hear about the fact that there are so many expats in Galway.

Ok, about me:
    • Canadian
    • from Vancouver, British Columbia
    • Pharmaceutical professional - Team leader of drug manufacturing
    • enjoys meeting up with people over coffee or tea
    • enjoys seeing new places and travelling
    • enjoys hiking and playing soccer

oh, and lastly, I love to taste different cuisines of the world! :)

Anthony

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cp6_ie

Yes, there are many of us, expats, from all over the world.

I came here few months ago. I find Galway a nice place to live. I don't know how it compares to Vancouver, but it certainly has its charm. One thing is for sure: you will not get bored.

cp6_ie wrote: »
    Yes, there are many of us, expats, from all over the world.

I came here few months ago. I find Galway a nice place to live. I don't know how it compares to Vancouver, but it certainly has its charm. One thing is for sure: you will not get bored.

May I ask, which country did you come from? I know there are many canadians in ireland, but for some reason, can't really seem to find them surfacing anywhere in forums like these.

I'm from Belgrade, Serbia.

I don't know any Canadians here, although I work with people from some 14 different countries. :)
    It is interesting to meet people from all over the World, to hear their stories, motives to relocate to Ireland, impressions about this place, and how it compares to what they left behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'm from Belgrade, Serbia.

I don't know any Canadians here, although I work with people from some 14 different countries. :)
    It is interesting to meet people from all over the World, to hear their stories, motives to relocate to Ireland, impressions about this place, and how it compares to what they left behind.

How does it compare to your initial impression? I wonder myself, I moved to America nearly a year and a half ago. My initial impression and opinion now are very different

@Wompa1

Well, I came here 4 months ago, so my impressions didn't change much.
    Anyway, the more I learn about Galway, the more I like it. In a way, it not only satisfied some of my expectations, it also offered me some things that I've been dreaming about for some time, that I didn't really expected to find here. In other words, I knew where I'm coming to, but I didn't know everything, so there were some nice surprises for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Wompa1

@Wompa1

Well, I came here 4 months ago, so my impressions didn't change much.
    Anyway, the more I learn about Galway, the more I like it. In a way, it not only satisfied some of my expectations, it also offered me some things that I've been dreaming about for some time, that I didn't really expected to find here. In other words, I knew where I'm coming to, but I didn't know everything, so there were some nice surprises for me.

Very cool. Welcome to Galway. It is a great little town!

Thank you @Wompa1.

The one thing that I like about Galway is that it is not a big city, but it is very lively and exciting if you want it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

mav238 wrote: »
    May I ask, which country did you come from? I know there are many canadians in ireland, but for some reason, can't really seem to find them surfacing anywhere in forums like these.

Not Canadian myself, but I play hockey with a few Canadians in Galway Bay Lightning

• Advertisement

Not Canadian myself, but I play hockey with a few Canadians in Galway Bay Lightning

Cool! Would it be alright if we can connect so I can meet other expats and Canadians as well? My email is <read the charter>.

Don't have a number yet, but will be willing to provide that when I get hold of one after I settle in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement