Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M9 - which one is best?

Options
  • 05-05-2013 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Ok, first off, I'm a Marui fan and I think their pistols are the best. However, am I being blinded by my own preferences and is there another manufacturer that has a M9 model that I should consider? Marui do two models of the M9, the standard one and a Tactical Master. Can't tell what the difference is tbh but there's a €40 quid price differential.

Anyways, has anyone got a M9, that's not a Marui, but you feel is a great pistol? I prefer green gas btw as the one CO2 pistol I have is a bit meh IMO and cannot come close to my Marui pistols.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

I personally have only ever owned the kj m9 but have used the ksc m9 and the marui tactical master and wow they are both amazing.
    The ksc m9 was an absolute joy to shoot with fantastic recoil for a green gas gun and great range out of it as well.
    The Tokyo marui m9 was made of plastic(obviously!!) so the recoil wasn't great. The grip is reeeeeally ergonomic and sits in your hand a lot better than a normal m9 and the sights line up with you eye perfectly.
    Just my experience with the two:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Thanks mate but I was hoping that the KSC M9 wouldn't get a good review as it was my "next to Marui" choice, but its even more expensive than the Marui M9's:D

However, it's a decent weight for an ABS pistol and has great reviews online. Might take a trip up to my favourite airsoft shop and try it out against the Marui M9

Thanks mate but I was hoping that the KSC M9 wouldn't get a good review as it was my "next to Marui" choice, but its even more expensive than the Marui M9's:D

However, it's a decent weight for an ABS pistol and has great reviews online. Might take a trip up to my favourite airsoft shop and try it out against the Marui M9

I used the full metal ksc m9....think it was from ehobby not the abs version from airsofteire.
    There's also the kwa ptp m9 which I heard is good choice and I'm looking into getting one myself.

I used the full metal ksc m9....think it was from ehobby not the abs version from airsofteire.
    There's also the kwa ptp m9 which I heard is good choice and I'm looking into getting one myself.

My CO2 pistol is full metal and has the "clank" sound on recoil but its range is only about 60-70% of my ABS Marui pistols and so I wouldn't be too keen to get another metal pistol. Range and accuracy are my must haves in a gun. I'll still check out the KSC ABS model though before I decide. Thanks again for the advice.

My CO2 pistol is full metal and has the "clank" sound on recoil but its range is only about 60-70% of my ABS Marui pistols and so I wouldn't be too keen to get another metal pistol. Range and accuracy are my must haves in a gun. I'll still check out the KSC ABS model though before I decide. Thanks again for the advice.

No bother:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jayjayairsoft

get the kwa PTP looks awesome

get the kwa PTP looks awesome

Anyone stocking them in this country?? I've bought a pistol from abroad once and it's not something I'd like to repeat as I got whacked with hefty customs and courier charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Like the 1911, the M9 has many cosmetic iterations from Marui (Biohazard models, tac master, standard, and colour variants) but it also has the redesigned M9A1 which features adjustable hop up, enhanced blowback unit and functioning decocker. If you're going to go for Marui, get the M9A1. The standard M9 is antiquated.

The standard Marui M9 is a lightweight ABS plastic gun with a fixed hop up, that was one of their earliest pistol releases. The feel is all wrong - weight distribution relies solely on the magazine, and without that it feels like a cheap toy. The slide mounted safety does not have a functioning decocker, but rather just disengages the trigger. It shoots straight for about 20m, but that's it - you won't get much more out of it. The Marui M9 does not have a patch on their 1911 series, or any of their modern releases.

The KJW is a perfect clone of the Marui M9, only with a metal body. The Co2 version is the only one worth any consideration, so I'll just focus on that! It has an enhanced/reinforced loading nozzle (blue) to deal with the pressures of the Co2, and also has uprated recoil and hammer springs. The paint on their guns is decent and relatively hard wearing, but does develop a 'sheen' after a lot of use. The Co2 magazine delivers power year-round, and also a mean 'bang' which when combined with the kick makes it the most satisfying to shoot. The gun is a direct clone of the Marui, so the safety only disengages the trigger and doesn't act as a decocker. Weight/heft is better than the Marui, but the distribution is all wrong - it sits too much to the front. The KJW is better than the standard Marui M9, partly to do with the adjustable hop up (same hop up design, just with a grub screw added for partial adjustment).

TM threw themselves back into the ring last year with their announced M9A1 which took everything they learned from the PX4, and wrapped it up in the brilliance that is the M9A1. The gun now features a properly adjustable hop up, an enhanced loading nozzle (they increased the BBU's volume leading to a sharper kick), and a safety/decocker! It is the best performing M9 on the market, bar none. They have used lead weight around the inner barrel and in the grips to give the gun more heft without the magazine inserted, and it has worked wonders on the weight distribution. It feels almost like it should feel...just a little artificial. It uses the same old M9 magazines though, which are not the best in cold weather.

Finally you have the KSC/KWA M9. The KSC M9 is the finest replica of the Beretta M9 that I have had the pleasure of owning/using - it is a full metal replica (with the exception of the outer barrel), and uses a much nicer metal & paint combination than KJW. The gun has an adjustable hop up, but it is KSC/KWA's crappy ball bearing hop up which is all kinds of arse. I would replace with Volante's upgrade barrel + hop combo immediately after purchase. The NS2 magazines are solid; no complaints there - they provide enough gas to empty the mag (most of the time), though can struggle in colder weather. Shot to shot consistency sucks...but that's due to their hop up; once replaced it'll be much better!

WE/HK3P also have their own M9's - these look the part, but performance just isn't there. They're full metal clones of the Marui M9, so all the same stuff again (fixed-style hop up, non-functioning decocker etc)...but don't have immediate compatibility with KJW Co2 magazines. Heavyweight metal slides + old green gas design magazine = imminent failure every time. WE's Co2 magazines are an oddity - they limit the flow of Co2 until it behaves like green gas. You don't get the renowned Co2 thwack, but still have the cold weather performance...sort of.

HFC's M9 is a decent gun...once again a Marui M9 clone, but this time with full auto (if you wish). Hop up rubber and barrel are better than WE, but paint/finish is better on the KJW. Performance is so-so, but they're reliable little things. They seem to have largely disappeared from the market though...no great loss in my opinion.

The only one which I've not used personally, that I am anxious to get (if I could justify it) is the WA M9 - Western Arms make some seriously nice kit...but it's just so unbelievably expensive for what it is. I will eventually get one, but for now I have to reserve judgement.

Best Performer = TM M9A1
    Best Value = KJW M9 (Co2)
    Nicest Replica = KSC M9

Thanks Kevin. You pretty much decided it for me, ie TM M9A1. When out plinking or skirmishing, range and accuracy are what I want. IMO, there's little point in having a good looking pistol that is pants when it comes to hitting a target. Horses for courses I know, and some guys might just want a gun that looks "real" even if range and accuracy are poor but my TM pistols always work, can outrange a lot of aegs (much to their owners annoyance:D) and feel so right in my hand.

I'll still check out the KSC model but it'll have to be pretty special to sway me.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Kwc m9?
    Will be considering it myself, co2, extended mags, heavy weight and full auto function.

• Advertisement
Advertisement