Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU1 application- NO ANSWERS YET??

Options
  • 02-07-2011 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello Guys,

I am non eu and my wife is eu national.

Applied for residency permit under EU treaty rights on 7th Jan 2011
    My GNIB card stamp 4 is valid till 6th July 2011.
    Only 4 days left and I am still waiting for the final decision????

We have given:

All the documents they have asked ( including prtb letter), photos, 5 yrs relationship history in United Kingdom, 11 month of living together with proofs , we have around £30000 in our UK bank account and 10000 euro in AIB irish bank account.

APPARENTLY, they didnt even call my wife's work place to confirm if she still in employment??? I send them 2 email in last 1 week but NO ANSWERS at all. what should I do? Any advise...?

Many thanks help.
    Ben1981

PS: Our home address, my wife's work place and every other circumstances are still same as on the time of application.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Ben1981 wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I am non eu and my wife is eu national.

Applied for residency permit under EU treaty rights on 7th Jan 2011
    My GNIB card stamp 4 is valid till 6th July 2011.
    Only 4 days left and I am still waiting for the final decision????

We have given:

All the documents they have asked ( including prtb letter), photos, 5 yrs relationship history in United Kingdom, 11 month of living together with proofs , we have around £30000 in our UK bank account and 10000 euro in AIB irish bank account.

APPARENTLY, they didnt even call my wife's work place to confirm if she still in employment??? I send them 2 email in last 1 week but NO ANSWERS at all. what should I do? Any advise...?

Many thanks help.
    Ben1981

PS: Our home address, my wife's work place and every other circumstances are still same as on the time of application.

The Time limit, is set out in the Directive. It is strict and can be enforced, some Irish cases have been heard on this point. (6 months) They normally wait until the full 6 months to give decisions. I would not worry yet. You should have it during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ben1981

One more thing-

We are still living on same address but the flat contract with landlord is finished (on 23rd june 2011). Our landlord say we can stay as much as we want and because of this we have not officially extented the contract yet.

We are already on PRTB therefore we thought its not should be a big deal. Now i am wondering if i made a mistake and not extented the contract in paper and send the originals to INIS by reg. post?

Do you think it can be the reason of rejection? I am concerned with there slience and dont want to get a rejected for such silly reason. Sad, Only 3 days left to finish my gnib card and they didnt even call my wife's work place:(

Is anybody have same/similar issues??
    Please advise/suggest any tips?

Thank you.
    Ben1981

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

One more thing-

We are still living on same address but the flat contract with landlord is finished (on 23rd june 2011). Our landlord say we can stay as much as we want and because of this we have not officially extented the contract yet.

We are already on PRTB therefore we thought its not should be a big deal. Now i am wondering if i made a mistake and not extented the contract in paper and send the originals to INIS by reg. post?

Do you think it can be the reason of rejection? I am concerned with there slience and dont want to get a rejected for such silly reason. Sad, Only 3 days left to finish my gnib card and they didnt even call my wife's work place:(

Is anybody have same/similar issues??
    Please advise/suggest any tips?

Thank you.
    Ben1981

In your application, have you provided sufficent evidence that ye live together? Ie letter from Landlord, utility bills with both of yer names on them (proof of address),. THey won't (and can't kill you) refuse you over the the lack of a PRTB letter. If you have provided enough information at time of application, you will be fine. If they have an issue about the expiry of the lease, fair procedures would suggest (in light of the length of time since application) that they should seek new proofs of your residence.

I do not know why the Minister takes the full 6 months, but I doubt it has little to do with what you suggested.

As for your tenant rights, seek advice on this, I don't think the landlord might be able to deny this period for tenancy rights (in case there is trouble in future)

Seriously, relax, for now, you should have it this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ben1981

Well here is what we given them on 06/01/2011:

1 signed & completed EU 1 application.
    2 My passport + wife's passport
    3 Marriage certificate ( english version ofcourse...)
    4 Her Work contract in dublin + Letter from employer stating her work
    details.
    5 wife's work phone no. + 2 recent pay slips and P60 from last year.
    6 Aib Bank statement with money around 9000 euro ( Its only on her
    name) but on our UK bank a/c we have around £30k.
    7 Flat contract valid from ( 23/12/2010 - 23/06/2011)
    8 ESB Electric bil on me & my wife's name.
    9 Magnet landline+ Internet bill on me & my wife's name.
    10 5 Years history of relationship in UK( from Dec 2005 till feb 2010)
    11 11 month we lived together in UK (bank statement coming on same
    address)
    12 5 yrs of outings/holidays/parties/pubs/cards/flower reciepts/travelling
    bills/photos with her family while they were visiting us.
    13 We have actually given only 25 photos ( we have more than 10000
    photos but cant give all of them)
    14 Our work contract in UK where we met first time in dec 2005. We work
    together for 2.5 yrs ( shown clearly on contract)
    15 A letter from wife explaining the previous history of relationship.
    16 A letter from me explaining the same.

make a bundle of all these documents send by registered post on 06/01/2011!! (Paid 9.75 euro on it)

Jan 23rd 2011, DOJ replied and also asked:

1 Appostile the marriage certificate.
    2 PRTB letter on our names on it.

5th May, we given them:

1 Marriage certificate appostiled.
    2 PRTB letter with our names on it.

I also provide them our latest esb bill + magnet landline & internet bill of May 2011. ( Both the bills have our names on it)

They return these documents on the same day, saying " your application will dealt in due course"

Since then there is NO Answers/No phone call to me or my wife' work:(
    Its now only 2 days left to finish my GNIB card:(
    Should I write them a letter or ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Well here is what we given them on 06/01/2011:

1 signed & completed EU 1 application.
    2 My passport + wife's passport
    3 Marriage certificate ( english version ofcourse...)
    4 Her Work contract in dublin + Letter from employer stating her work
    details.
    5 wife's work phone no. + 2 recent pay slips and P60 from last year.
    6 Aib Bank statement with money around 9000 euro ( Its only on her
    name) but on our UK bank a/c we have around £30k.
    7 Flat contract valid from ( 23/12/2010 - 23/06/2011)
    8 ESB Electric bil on me & my wife's name.
    9 Magnet landline+ Internet bill on me & my wife's name.
    10 5 Years history of relationship in UK( from Dec 2005 till feb 2010)
    11 11 month we lived together in UK (bank statement coming on same
    address)
    12 5 yrs of outings/holidays/parties/pubs/cards/flower reciepts/travelling
    bills/photos with her family while they were visiting us.
    13 We have actually given only 25 photos ( we have more than 10000
    photos but cant give all of them)
    14 Our work contract in UK where we met first time in dec 2005. We work
    together for 2.5 yrs ( shown clearly on contract)
    15 A letter from wife explaining the previous history of relationship.
    16 A letter from me explaining the same.

make a bundle of all these documents send by registered post on 06/01/2011!! (Paid 9.75 euro on it)

Jan 23rd 2011, DOJ replied and also asked:

1 Appostile the marriage certificate.
    2 PRTB letter on our names on it.

5th May, we given them:

1 Marriage certificate appostiled.
    2 PRTB letter with our names on it.

I also provide them our latest esb bill + magnet landline & internet bill of May 2011. ( Both the bills have our names on it)

They return these documents on the same day, saying " your application will dealt in due course"

Since then there is NO Answers/No phone call to me or my wife' work:(
    Its now only 2 days left to finish my GNIB card:(
    Should I write them a letter or ...?

You should relax. The directive gives a time limit of 6 months and the Department takes all of this time to issue a decision. They may even go over the 6 months by one or two. Don't worry about it, just wait a decision. It's not a big deal if your GNIB card expires during this time. Nothing bad will happen on account of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

1 they can not go over the 6 months in breach of EU law. 2 if the stamp 4 runs out and the OP is working he is then working without permission which could be bad news for his employer and him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shehbaz

hi all,
    i m new on this forum,
    i want to ask about certificate of application.
    i hv applied for RC on 23rd of october using eu1 form, its been more than 3 weeks and i hvnt heard anything from them.i m wondering how long it takes to give a temporary stamp 4.as i m waiting desperately to get tht stamp so i can start work.
    some one told me it takes month, i had already 3 weeks and 3 days..
    i will appreciate ur kind reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gisch15

Hello shehbaz or any other member that can help with this query.

I also applied for the EU4Fam under EU treaty rights. I sent in the application on the 8th of March and got my documents returned on the 8th of April asking for further documentation ( PRTB, utility bills ) which I sent back on the 15th of April. I was wondering is someone knows how long it will take for them to reply with a temporary stamp 4? I have a very good job offer but cannot procede until I have this stamp in order to be able to work legally in the state and I would like to have a timeline defined. Does anybody know and can help me with this query?

I greatly appreciate it beforehand any information and/or similar case that can share their experience.

Kind regards =)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ALI2020

Hi All,
    I have the following questions, I would appreciate if you can kindly advice me on these;

My wife she is a EU national and I have applied for the EU1 residence card and my solicitor did not send them my wife's valid ID card copy and only send them passport expired copy. When I received the acknowledgement letter they did not give me temporary permission and asked me further documents.

My wife's valid passport all pages as they received the expired passport copy.

PRTB LETTER.

BUSINESS RECEIPTS

BANK STATEMENT.

Now we have sent them all the requested documents with EU ID card instead of passport as she did not apply for the new passport.

My question is that will they send me acknowledgement for the further documents received with temporary residence permission?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Adouma

Hello Ali,

I am a new applicant and my case is similar to yours

Have you received any reply from them?

Please let me know
    Thanking you

• Advertisement
Advertisement