Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

make-up

Options
  • 26-02-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

just wondering what make up foundation u use. only two options in kerry for vegan stuff which is urban decay or gosh, anyone use any of these???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Really not big into make-up and would use a powder foundation, I use 2 products by mac coz they're good for paler colours. Both of those are vegan friendly and I wouldnt use anything else by them but they are not the best company to be supporting since their products are not exclusively vegan but most make-up out there is just hella dark.
    That's really all the choice you have? You'll probably find that a lot more companies have vegan products but also carry non-vegan products, just depends if that bothers you or not?
    You could always order online? There are also plenty of sites about like makeupalley that have ingredient lists. Never used either of those sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

the only foundations I use are the ones keeping my house standing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sourire

Barry M has a lot of vegan make-up, if you're thinking of buying online check out Everyday Minerals. http://www.everydayminerals.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

loueuro2 wrote: »
    just wondering what make up foundation u use. only two options in kerry for vegan stuff which is urban decay or gosh, anyone use any of these???

urban decay and gosh are meant to be good, can't speak from experience, but they are good for paler colours.

i think elf could be vegan too, and its much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Smashbox are pretty good. I have their tinted moisturiser and find it great.

http://www.smashbox.com/Smashbox-cares

It says their products are vegan and then goes on to say some of their brushes are made with animal hair though......so it may be worth checking out the ingredient list before buying. Some companies seem to have a very loose grasp on the definition of "vegan"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 SOD111

I use Mac Studio fix fluid. I'm quite pale and find them to be excellent, it's pricey though but worth it!

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Really not big into make-up and would use a powder foundation, I use 2 products by mac coz they're good for paler colours. Both of those are vegan friendly and I wouldnt use anything else by them but they are not the best company to be supporting since their products are not exclusively vegan but most make-up out there is just hella dark.
    That's really all the choice you have? You'll probably find that a lot more companies have vegan products but also carry non-vegan products, just depends if that bothers you or not?
    You could always order online? There are also plenty of sites about like makeupalley that have ingredient lists. Never used either of those sorry!

HA! psml reading this, people change, I love makeup and obsessively read r/makeupaddiction and r/indiemakeupandmore :D

If you're happy to buy online there is a world of choice out there, especially with small indie companies, they tend to be more into veg*n friendly makeup. I've got some stuff from fyrinnae recently, they are an awesome little company, Shiro is another cool little company with geekery themed stuff :D And something which I didn't know till recently, E.L.F. are completely vegan aside from a few brushes, they're a very affordable brand. Meow Cosmetics have a ton of vegan powder foundation and a massive range of colours, you can order samples too to try them out. Liquid foundation is probably one of the hardest things to find along with mascara.

I came across this list recently of brands offering cruelty free and vegan cosmetics and brands to avoid so that might be helpful to some people.

I just wanted to put this here coz I think it was Kellief that mentioned iherb before, all of this for about €29, wow! If I tried to buy one of those brushes in boots it would probably be about €15-€20.

89pKrWE.jpg

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know there is a new sub on reddit, r/VeganBeauty. This could be good for guys or girls. The girl that started it says she's making a vegan fashion one soon too ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

facebook says this is good stuff

https://www.facebook.com/concreteminerals/info

• Advertisement

BMJD wrote: »
    facebook says this is good stuff

https://www.facebook.com/concreteminerals/info

oh they look amazing! thanks :P

I love these guys...

http://www.meltcosmetics.com/

They're all vegan matt lipsticks, really great quality, I got 'space cake' and 'by starlight' recently. They've really cool colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Hey anyone know of a vegan nail polish remover? Been letting my nail polish mostly chip off and then repainting it for a month or so. Trial starts next week though so shall have to take it off completely.

came across this guide to toiletries....

http://nottested.co.uk/Toiletries.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Hi, posted about this in various places but finally found the correct thread!

Anyone know of a light coverage tinted mosituriser that's organic / vegan / not tested on animals and basically ethical, that I can find relatively easily?

I'm in the process of culling all my 'high street' branded make-up and going 'green'. Any help would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Not about organic but Superdrug's own brand range is mostly vegan and all cruelty free. Lush also do 'colour supplements' which can be used as foundations or mixed with moisturiser to make a tinted moisturiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Excellent!

Thank you. I'm not sure 'organic' tinted moisturiser is a 'thing' but I was kind of referring to not tested on animals, vegan, cruelty free, ethical.

I don't live near a Superdrug but I know where one is and will try check it out.
    Not about organic but Superdrug's own brand range is mostly vegan and all cruelty free. Lush also do 'colour supplements' which can be used as foundations or mixed with moisturiser to make a tinted moisturiser.

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Hi, posted about this in various places but finally found the correct thread!

Anyone know of a light coverage tinted mosituriser that's organic / vegan / not tested on animals and basically ethical, that I can find relatively easily?

I'm in the process of culling all my 'high street' branded make-up and going 'green'. Any help would be great!

I dunno about finding very easily, but I started using OCC skin tint, it's a nice light coverage and it comes in pale colours so that's a plus for me :D I have their concealor as well, also really good.

I think I got it from 'cocktail cosmetics', a uk site, didn't take long to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lonoveuk

the main foundation I use are the ones keeping my home standing guys my some friends suggest me lonove products .. you can check also

Advertisement