Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboarding Park in Brussels

Options
  • 09-04-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    During my recent holiday in Brussels I came across a skateboarding park and snapped some photos of the kids hanging out there. I was with friends so only had a few minutes, didn't get any great action shots.

I returned two days later with my sports lens and some dedicated time to capture the skateboarders in action. But, unfortunately there was only a few very young kids there and they weren't throwing any great shapes.

brussels-skateboard-4.jpg

brussels-skateboard-park.jpg

3. slightly out of focus
    brussels-skateboarding-park.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

The last two are ok, I would have taken the same kind of shot when I was still skating. I just find there's a lack of contrast in them?

In the first the bowl in the foreground detracts from it a good bit..

A lot of people think shooting skateboarding is easy. You can shoot it wrong easy enough alright but to shoot it good takes a bit of practice.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

As Daft said, pics are very flat. Look at all those beautiful colours in the background, screaming out to be seen! Last shot is probably the worst. The 2nd one, with the right PP, would have been relevant here if you'd had 3 or 4 actions shots before it.

Advertisement