Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awards in the web industry for 2013

Options
  • 03-04-2013 1:55pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, what awards are there this year that would apply to web shops/the design industry? (In Ireland/NI)

We have:

WebAwards.ie
    Eircom Spiders
    IDI Awards

What else??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It would be interesting to list the price of entry, and the price of a ticket to the awards night beside each of those :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Just to clarify, I'm looking for awards that have yet to happen this year (so the DMA's are out, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

Trojan wrote: »
    It would be interesting to list the price of entry, and the price of a ticket to the awards night beside each of those :)
    For sure. Most of them are money generators, but the web awards are cheap as chips.

The IIA awards are decided by public vote which means most of the shortlisted companies have to hound people on twitter to vote for them. Nice to be able to call yourself an 'award winning web designer' though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

The best thing I ever read about winning 'awards' was when someone said in response to a question about how it felt to win the award? Like getting hemorroids, sooner or later every asshole gets one!

Whatever about winning awards on critical merit, these flakey web based poll voting gigs are ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭les succulent ducks

The Eircom Spider awards are nothing short of a money racket! €150 to nominate a site? Ah hear.....

To be honest I have entered the comp twice. First when it was free (years ago) and last year I nominated our site. I was fairly confident we would make the shortlist as it was my pride and joy. We didn't even come close to being shortlisted. I'd actually say that the judges didn't even view the site to judge it.

micksgarage.com and donedeal.ie were shortlisted. Now don't get me wrong. Brilliantly useful sites but not exactly "spectacularly designed websites".

And what's the betting these two will be shortlisted this year again? Probably have a few tables booked already!!

Small business's: stay away from nominating. keep your €150 and spend it on marketing..... or cake....

Also €250 a head to attend the event? What are they serving? Elephant tusk? I can get a local carvery here for €10.....

Advertisement