Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does unlocking void warranty?

Options
  • 31-03-2013 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭

Bought a new Samsung phone from a phone store in blanch a month ago. I got an unlock shop to sort it out with the official unlock code... Is my warranty void now? An issue developed with the phone over the past few days and I need to send it to a Samsung authorised centre for repair as my screen has touch issues.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

mondeo wrote: »
    Bought a new Samsung phone from a phone store in blanch a month ago. I got an unlock shop to sort it out with the official unlock code... Is my warranty void now? An issue developed with the phone over the past few days and I need to send it to a Samsung authorised centre for repair as my screen has touch issues.

Thanks
    No but rooting the phone will but i root all the time any phone i have,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I didnt root it yet thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

jonnny68 wrote: »
    No but rooting the phone will but i root all the time any phone i have,

That's debatable
    http://piana.eu/root

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

mondeo wrote: »
    I didnt root it yet thank god

If they unlocked it by using an unlock code then there's probably nothing to worry about it. If they unlocked it by actually interfering with software on the phone, it could rise an issue where their mod could affect the phones performance.

Advertisement