Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best way to dust inside of car?

Options
  • 31-03-2013 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

Preferably the dash and radio/gear stick area. Dust just sticks to the screen of the radio and around the gear stick. When I wipe it down it just blows everywhere and eventually goes back to the same places. Looks terrible.

Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Wet cloth / interior wipes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Ear buds work great for the little bits of dust that get stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Folding up a business card is also good for getting into panel gaps

• Registered Users Posts: 23,312 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I just use a furniture polish. Leaves no stupid shine just the natural finish and its takes the dust away pretty well.
    A length of garden hose attached to end of vacuum cleaner for getting into hard to reach areas when vacuuming.
    The internal door cills I have an issue with. Dont know what to clean them with. A business card is excellent for cleaning gaps as said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

baby wipes...

good for everything...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Invest in a cheap air compressor, Aldi/Lydl. Use the airline to blow out the dust and crap. No detergents or chemicals needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Microfiber cloth. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Microfiber cloth. ;)

And a little brush for air vents and hard to reach places :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

For cleaning the dust from the dash and surrounding area, I use a hoover with the brush attachment and a detailing brush (or an un-used paint brush) and/or a toothbrush. Will using the detailing brush or toothbrush, brush the surfaces with one hand and hoover along side with the other.
    Once totally clean, I'd give it a light clean with an All Purpose Cleaner mixture with a microfiber cloth. Spray on, buff off.
    Then I'd treat the plastics with something like Orchard Autocare Interior Wizard....its a non shiny, anti static finish. It will help prevent build up slightly, that's impossible, but it makes keeping them clean much easier, usually the hoover is enough after the treatment, perhaps a microfiber to get into the hard to reach areas.

Advertisement