Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-03-2013, 22:34   #1
donnaille

Living abroad and lost Irish driving license

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has been in the position where they are living abroad now and have lost their Irish driving license. I'm living in the UK and have not been driving for the past year, I now need to start driving over here and was looking into replacing my Irish driving license with a UK one, the thing is I cannot find my Irish license which I need to include as part of the process to get a UK one.

I also cannot get my Irish license replaced without visiting a garda station it seems...? Anyone know what I can do?
Advertisement
29-03-2013, 00:28   #2
ABajaninCork

Call the council who issued your licence or the RSA direct to get advice from them. They must have a procedure for this.
29-03-2013, 10:28   #3
biko
Percolator

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...printpreview=1
Quote:
Where your driving licence/learner permit has been lost, stolen, damaged or defaced and is still in date (that is, valid for use), you can apply for a replacement by completing application form D401 for a driving licence or D201 for a learner permit. This form must be signed and stamped by a Garda in your local Garda Station.
A driving licence/learner permit will be issued for the remaining period of the original licence/permit.
Seems you will have to travel home for it. But do ring the issuing body and ask, perhaps a parent can do some of the work.
29-03-2013, 10:36   #4
ManMade
Closed Account

Do you need to swap an Irish licence for a uk one? I always thought having a different country's licence was a good thing.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion