Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
01-10-2012, 10:22   #31
AKW
amphkingwest.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Galway, Limerick & local to you
Posts: 2,889
Send a message via Skype™ to AKW
In fairness to Living Social. I flagged the issue I had with this merchant last week, I received a standard reply suggesting I contact the merchant to resolve the problem.

When I pointed out that Gadgets & Products Ltd were non contactable and that I felt Living Social were partly responsible by offering a conduit service to this merchant, they very quickly have offered to issue an order cancellation & provide a full refund.

No SD cards, but hopefully I get my money back.
AKW is offline  
Advertisement
01-10-2012, 11:33   #32
tatranska
Registered User
 
tatranska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphkingwest View Post
Just to highlight this. As a business we were being encouraged to provide a €30 for €15 voucher, so consumer pays €15 and gets €30 voucher to use in store.

The actual cost to us as a business for you to redeem this would have been €22.50. The fees are 50% of the deal price!!

The guys doing the valetting were most definitely doing this deal at a loss regardless of how many were sold. I wonder how much return custom they will receive from this at their normal retail price? Will the extra 145 customers pay ful price next time or will the guys have to incentivise these customers to return again?
Therein lies the problem with these deals from a business perspective.
I've gotten deals in the past but never returned as a customer,so far at least.

Its great for the customer but I remember going to a tourism marketing conference in DCU last year where people asked should their businesses be doing these deals.

The resounding answer from the panel was NO.

If it is going to be done, it needs to be managed and limited to a maximum number of vouchers.
One food delivery company in Dublin sold over 2000 deals last summer, didn't get paid on time by the deal company, couldn't pay their suppliers and ended up with a lot of unhappy customers who didn't get their orders as a result.
The negative publicity destroyed what up to then was a good business.
tatranska is online now  
Thanks from:
01-10-2012, 12:13   #33
RacoonQueen
Registered User
 
RacoonQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sitting in my car outside the east stand
Posts: 15,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatranska View Post
Therein lies the problem with these deals from a business perspective.
I've gotten deals in the past but never returned as a customer,so far at least.

Its great for the customer but I remember going to a tourism marketing conference in DCU last year where people asked should their businesses be doing these deals.

The resounding answer from the panel was NO.

If it is going to be done, it needs to be managed and limited to a maximum number of vouchers.
One food delivery company in Dublin sold over 2000 deals last summer, didn't get paid on time by the deal company, couldn't pay their suppliers and ended up with a lot of unhappy customers who didn't get their orders as a result.
The negative publicity destroyed what up to then was a good business.
And for businesses in certain industries people will just buy up all the similar deals and never return to a particular business. Think beauty salons, car valeting etc they'll just buy the next valet service.

With the 'demise' of boards deals I can see other deal companies going the same way. They are a good idea, in theory but there ended up being way too many of them so there was no benefit to businesses when a competing business would be running a similar deal elsewhere the same day or the following week.

The amount of people who do not use their vouchers at all is staggering as well. The deal companies were making a fortune and some don't even pay companies until a voucher has actually been redeemed.
RacoonQueen is offline  
01-10-2012, 12:35   #34
ian_m
Registered User
 
ian_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Location: Location
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacoonQueen View Post
The amount of people who do not use their vouchers at all is staggering as well. The deal companies were making a fortune and some don't even pay companies until a voucher has actually been redeemed.
Some customers try to use their vouchers but their attempts are in vain. Bring this to the attention of livingsocial and they ignore the problem and never return your call. They are a disgrace.
ian_m is offline  
10-10-2012, 15:04   #35
zanqa
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
I have been with Living Social for 2yrs, which is probably only because I never had any issues with my deals... Until now- VIP valeting deal which I have been trying to schedule for a month now. The phone is either busy or off. I managed to get through twice and was promised a call back- which never happened. Annoyed with the treatment I asked LS for a refund but they refused (our terms and conditions madam, allow a refund within 7 days only, SIC!). They said that after that time the issue is entirely between myself and the merchant and they cannot help.
I asked them to immediately shut down my account and had to call them and held the rep on the phone while he was doing it (there was no option to do it online, even though that's where they were sending me).
There is no way I could continue my 'co-operation' with them for even a second longer. Very improfessional approach and total ignorance.
Anyway, now I am stuck with the useless voucher with VIP Valeting Stepaside and I think I will have to try to contact them telepathically, as both phone and email attempts failed miserably...
zanqa is offline  
Advertisement
10-10-2012, 15:24   #36
AKW
amphkingwest.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Galway, Limerick & local to you
Posts: 2,889
Send a message via Skype™ to AKW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanqa View Post
I have been with Living Social for 2yrs, which is probably only because I never had any issues with my deals... Until now- VIP valeting deal which I have been trying to schedule for a month now. The phone is either busy or off. I managed to get through twice and was promised a call back- which never happened. Annoyed with the treatment I asked LS for a refund but they refused (our terms and conditions madam, allow a refund within 7 days only, SIC!). They said that after that time the issue is entirely between myself and the merchant and they cannot help.
I asked them to immediately shut down my account and had to call them and held the rep on the phone while he was doing it (there was no option to do it online, even though that's where they were sending me).
There is no way I could continue my 'co-operation' with them for even a second longer. Very improfessional approach and total ignorance.
Anyway, now I am stuck with the useless voucher with VIP Valeting Stepaside and I think I will have to try to contact them telepathically, as both phone and email attempts failed miserably...
You could write or call to their office during business hours.

Their Facebook page noted how many new customers they had received through the LS offering. If its a one or two man operation they are more than likely snowed under and, while it is no excuse, just cant manage their diary at the moment. But, they should just tell you that, rather than ignoring the contact.
AKW is offline  
11-10-2012, 01:12   #37
amadangomor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 103
Didn't realise that there is a 24-48 hour delay to the deal.I bought tickets for my son and myself yesterday around 9pm for tomorrows Circus showing by Fossetts at 4:30.

So they sold me a voucher for tickets that I have no way of obtaining before the performance?I have told my son we are going so if I don't get the voucher I'm going to have to pay full whack for the tickets.Absolute joke!What is the logic behind the delay?I have used these deal company once before and all i had to do was print out the vouchers that arrived immediately.
amadangomor is offline  
11-10-2012, 13:55   #38
AKW
amphkingwest.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Galway, Limerick & local to you
Posts: 2,889
Send a message via Skype™ to AKW
Cant answer your questions and not providing excuses for LS, but what about bringing a print out of the offer email and negotiating directly at the ticket office?
AKW is offline  
Thanks from:
11-10-2012, 22:57   #39
amadangomor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphkingwest View Post
Cant answer your questions and not providing excuses for LS, but what about bringing a print out of the offer email and negotiating directly at the ticket office?
Thanks.A big panic for nothing,the vouchers were there this morning. I over reacted a bit but it did say after I bought the vouchers that they take 24-48 hours to arrive.
amadangomor is offline  
Advertisement
11-03-2013, 12:33   #40
murphf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 35
Can anybody please give me the phone number for living social! Can't get through on email
murphf is offline  
11-03-2013, 18:31   #41
ian_m
Registered User
 
ian_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Location: Location
Posts: 1,216
01-6535675

Best of luck with that. I'd rather spend the day at the dentist.
ian_m is offline  
19-03-2013, 11:28   #42
craftylady72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8
Livingsocial

Hi, Im in the same boat re living social, I have a voucher for a spa that has gone out of business, according to their website livingsocial will refund any vouchers for places that have closed. Ive sent them the online query a few times and have just received the stock reply that someone will contact me & have been given a case number. However this was over 2 months ago now & Ive heard nothing. Ive mailed them a few times-nothing. Ive tried to ring them on the number on their website but just cant get through. Its 02 033560899, havent a clue where that number even is, does anyone have another contact number for them please??
craftylady72 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet