Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No video input from EasyCAP into Ulead - think I need a certain SCART adapter

Options
  • 10-02-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Trying to record from a VCR into via EasyCAP into Ulead VideoStudio, but when I try to capture, I get the error "No input signal or signal is unclear". The EasyCAP device is seen by XP, and by the Ulead VideoStudio program, but not sure why it doesn't see any signal.

I've tried both Composite & S-Video as the source, but still nothing.

I've tried it with 3 different VCR's and two different tapes, but sill get the same error.

I'm guessing the scart cable connections that I have are for input rather than output, and thus I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could get one of these?

phono_.jpg

I used to have one, but can no longer find it :(

/edit
    Ooooh. DID has them for a fiver. Does anyone think this would solve my problem above?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It might do... Easycaps can be very picky, it's hard to tell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

the_syco wrote: »
    /edit
    Ooooh. DID has them for a fiver. Does anyone think this would solve my problem above?
    Went to DID, but they only had the expensive one for €16 not the cheap one for a fiver. So I went to PC World. Got in at 18:45 but none there, but said I should try B&Q. So got to B&Q at 18:50 and not there, but one of the lads said that Powercity should have one. Got to Powercity at 19:05 and they had them :D They actually had quite a few of them, and other SCART things. Got one for €3.95

Brought it home, no luck. Switched to output, works. Yippee :D

Pity the EasyCAP device doesn't work on 64bit Vista/W7/etc, but meh. It works on te family machine, so it's all good.

Advertisement