Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between 2 WD Caviar Green SATA HDD's?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Looking here I cant see any major differences, but the ezrx looks like the better option.

Would you not consider a Caviar Red drive? Those are designed for NAS usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looking here I cant see any major differences, but the ezrx looks like the better option.
    Am thinking the little extra for the ESRX alright.
    Would you not consider a Caviar Red drive? Those are designed for NAS usage.
    I'll consider it but about €16 in the difference.. and it's only a 1 Bay NAS / Media Server that's simply relaying video to various devices around the house (Apple TV, Smart TV etc).

EZRX has higher-density platters. It should be 2x1TB platters compared to 3x750 or even 4x500 that some EARX have.

I would go for the EZRX if you are happy with the price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Prices have went up on Amazon, so went to PC World and picked up the EARX model (manufacture date of November 2012) for €99.99.

Will do the job and at least I don't have to return it all the way to Amazon if something goes belly up.

Advertisement