Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reverse ombre: Would you do it?

• 20-01-2013 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

I had ombre / dip dyed hair for a year now. But I don't think I'd do reverse ombre. Mainly because I'm a dark brunette and it would be such a hassle for me to maintain it, as opposed to the easy maintenance of normal ombre.

230528074646511571_GOilwskI.jpg

12666442673375219_tybKaqZn.jpg

147422587774198870_zczj3BEY.jpg

307159637055222503_BoiE7nuD.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I dont like it. I have quite dark hair. and it would be way too much maintenance for me but i do like the normal ombre look, with dark on top lighter on bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I wouldn't 'cause I'm a natural brunette and having lighter hair like that just wouldn't suit me. I think Beyonce's hair looks good there but I'm not a fan of the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I like it, but it's not for me purely because i cant afford it. I'm (sob sob) struggling with maintaining my grey roots at the min let alone mix-dying the rest of my hair.

/wish i was loaded! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

It looks just as bad as normal ombre, imo, my feelings on which are well documented here! I'm a natural blonde growing out a very dark dye at the moment, another few weeks and I'll look like I have a bad DIY version of this.

Note to self: ring your hairdresser!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

It looks nice but must be a pain to maintain? I'd imagine if you let it go you would end up with an odd dark - light - dark look going on!

I'm not a big fan of normal ombre I just think it looks like you couldn't be bothered to dye your roots properly and left a blonde dye to grow out :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I think it looks a bit cheap or something :o It reminds me of the bad dye/highlight jobs that were in fashion in the 90s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I think it (that and normal ombre) looks f*cking stupid. I don't really get it. And every second girl I see walking down the street has it now. Boring!

Advertisement