Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferry services

Options
  • 19-12-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭

I decided to make a list. Any others? Order is generally clockwise from Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Larne- Stranraar
    Belfast-Stranraar
    Belfast-Liverpool

I think they all start from mainland ports.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Both Arranmore companies carry vehicles. Both have multiple vessels.

Arranmore Fast Ferry currently (I think) have the MV Renfew Rose, MV Yoker Swan (vehicle/foot) and the MV Girl Grey (foot only).

Arranmore Ferries have the MV Coll and MV Rhum (Vehicle/foot)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

1 minor niggle, it's Le Havre, not Le Harve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

It's Cape Clear, not Clear Island, great thread.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Alun wrote: »
    1 minor niggle, it's Le Havre, not Le Harve.

Ooop's - a bit moot as it doesn't have any Irish services any more.

I have a further list of operators here: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/swi_freeschemes.aspx but I'm not sure how current it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

Hi Victor,

I've nothing to contribute right now, but just wanted to say - great thread, and a huge amount of work.

Well done!

C635

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I thought Dalkey to Dublin had stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

"Bachelors Quay" should read "Bachelor's Walk".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I thought Dalkey to Dublin had stopped?

Its only Dalkey to Dalkey Island that Victor has listed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

http://www.ballyvaughanbayhop.com/ - not running at the moment but a new commuter service is proposed for April 2013.

Also Scattery Island Ferry from Kilrush in the summer.

Also Liscannor to Aran Islands, under the cliffs of Moher, although I am not sure if this seasonal ferry operates in summer 2013.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the input. I'm away at the moment, so It'll be a while before I update the list.

Does anyone know what the relation ship is between the following?
    * Doolin Ferries (Bill and Liam O'Brien)
    * Doolin Ferry / O'Brien Line (Kevin O'Brien)
    * O'Brien Shipping
    roundymac wrote: »
    It's Cape Clear, not Clear Island, great thread.:)
    I've struck a balance with "Cape Clear Island". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Bards

Passage East is in Waterford & Ballyhack is in Wexford not vice versa as listed

Victor wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the relation ship is between the following?
    * Doolin Ferries (Bill and Liam O'Brien)
    * Doolin Ferry / O'Brien Line (Kevin O'Brien)
    * O'Brien Shipping

I've struck a balance with "Cape Clear Island". :)

I believe the O'Briens in Doolin are brothers, there can be a lot of hassle over those ferries from time to time.

Anyway heres a few more for you.

Inisbiggle ferry, surely Irelands ugliest inhabited island, nothing but a blanket bog between achill island and the mainland.

Achill to Clare Island summer ferry

Liscannor RIB ferry to Aran islands http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=434646764399 high oil prices probably killed that one!

Gola Island summer ferry

Blasket islands summer ferries

There are also internal ferries between each of the Aran Islands

If you want really old routes live Liverpool-Dundalk and Waterford-Bristol then the link below might help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and_Irish_Steam_Packet_Company

Also Stena used go to Fleetwood from Larne until 2010.

There was also Dublin-Mostyn if we really do want to catalogue gone routes.

Is Le Havre the only defunct route listed there Victor? There's Cork->a number of places also on the gone list...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Your ??? re Meenlaragh-Tory ferry I think is justified - I'm 99% sure that it only goes from Magheraroarty and Bunbeg, don't think there's any docking facilities at Meenlaragh.

A list of defunct routes wasn't the intention, but it might be useful for people asking why they can't find information on them.
    There are also internal ferries between each of the Aran Islands
    I get the impression all such services serve all three islands.
    MYOB wrote: »
    Is Le Havre the only defunct route listed there Victor? There's Cork->a number of places also on the gone list...
    I've added a few.
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Your ??? re Meenlaragh-Tory ferry I think is justified - I'm 99% sure that it only goes from Magheraroarty and Bunbeg, don't think there's any docking facilities at Meenlaragh.
    I think the confusion arises over the fact that Meenlaragh is the village associated with the pier at Magheraroarty.

In 1970 the Holyhead railway bridge was badly damaged by fire. the Ferry was diverted Dun Laoighire - Fleetwood for a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

@Victor

1st entry's boat name is Pinalia. I'll ask around for the operator's surname.

I'm 99+% sure Magheraroarty is a duplicate of Meenlaragh, since Magheroarty is in Meenlaragh and Magheroarty pier is the only one for many miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

tricky D wrote: »
    @Victor

1st entry's boat name is Pinalia. I'll ask around for the operator's surname.

I'm 99+% sure Magheraroarty is a duplicate of Meenlaragh, since Magheroarty is in Meenlaragh and Magheroarty pier is the only one for many miles.

+1, except that I would have said that Magheraroarty is a neigbouring village rather than part of/in Meenlaragh.

Are you sure that a ferry goes from Port na Blagh to Tory? In all my years going up there, I've never heard of it....

*heads off to google it*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

+1, except that I would have said that Magheraroarty is a neigbouring village rather than part of/in Meenlaragh.

Iirc Magheroarty is locally considered as in the parish of either Meenlaragh or it could be Meenaclady. I'll try to get in touch with my friends in Magheroarty to clarify even though it kind of moot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Idyl Race

http://www.portofmostyn.co.uk/

Mostyn is near Prestatyn in North Wales, not England..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭purplepanda

In 1970 the Holyhead railway bridge was badly damaged by fire. the Ferry was diverted Dun Laoighire - Fleetwood for a couple of years.

The London Holyhead -Dun Laoighaire ferry also changed to Heysham around the same time period :rolleyes:

From what I remember it was quite a rough sailing & took a few hours longer :eek:

On reflection maybe that was a car ferry though, such journeys merge into one after all these years? :pac:

One thing I've discovered is that the Department of the Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht owns some of the ferries and that the public service contracts are operate-only.
    http://www.portofmostyn.co.uk/

Mostyn is near Prestatyn in North Wales, not England..

Ooops, knowing it was near the border, but unsure of which side, I had actually checked, but copy and pasted from another line and forgot to change it.
    Are you sure that a ferry goes from Port na Blagh to Tory? In all my years going up there, I've never heard of it....
    Some sources do refer to one. It may be an occasional service.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

Valetta wrote: »
    Larne- Stranraar
    Belfast-Stranraar
    Belfast-Liverpool

I think they all start from mainland ports.

"Mainland ports" Where exactly would they be now?

Luca Brasi wrote: »
    "Mainland ports" Where exactly would they be now?
    Not on small islands like the Aran Islands, Sherkin Island, Clare Island, etc. :rolleyes:

The "used to operate" isn't entirely accurate for the Arranmore ferries

The MV Morvern, the MV Arrain Mhor (ex MV Kilbrannan, now MV Clew Bay Queen) and MV Misneach are former boards of Arranmore Ferries

The MV Morvern (same one), MV Bruerinish and MV Realt Na Maidne are former boats of Arranmore Fast Ferry

Notably, the Morvern/Kilbrannan/Bruernish/Coll/Rhum are the entire disposed of part of the Caledonian MacBrayne "Island Class". Bit confusing when near identical boats and in one case, the exact same boat turn up for different operators...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Minor update, but it's one of the more significant services, the Stena Nordica for some reason best known only to Stena (possibly the close timing with the HSS when it is running) does NOT carry foot passengers.

Applies to both directions, may also be down to the much smaller passenger capability, it's a lot smaller than the Adventurer.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Minor update, but it's one of the more significant services, the Stena Nordica for some reason best known only to Stena (possibly the close timing with the HSS when it is running) does NOT carry foot passengers.

Applies to both directions, may also be down to the much smaller passenger capability, it's a lot smaller than the Adventurer.
    My list is per operator per route, not per ship. Anyway, ships get swapped around based on demand, maintenance, etc.

• Advertisement

Mainland Port Location Island / Other Port Location Carries Foot Passengers Carries Vehicles Carries Non-vehicle Cargo DAHG Subsidised Service Vessel name(s) Operator (Principle) Notes Website
    Omeath Louth Warrenpoint Down Yes - - - MV Seascapes Castle Cruises Ltd. (Brendan O'Neill) www.omeath.ie/?page_id=244
    Omeath Louth Warrenpoint Down Yes - - - MV Seascapes Castle Cruises Ltd. (Brendan O'Neill) Circular route with two boarding points www.omeath.ie/?page_id=244
    Howth Dublin Ireland's Eye Dublin Yes - - - Pinalia Ken Doyle www.howthboattrips.com
    Howth Dublin Ireland's Eye Dublin Yes - - - MV Little Flower Island Ferries (Frank Doyle) www.islandferries.net
    Dublin Port Dublin Douglas Isle of Man Yes Yes - - Manannan Isle of Man Steam Packet Company www.steam-packet.com/en/Timetables
    Dublin Port Dublin Heysham England No Yes - - Arrow Seatruck Ferries Ltd. www.seatruckferries.com/ports/dublin#dublin-heysham
    Dublin Port Dublin Liverpool England No Yes - - Seatruck Power, Seatruck Progress Seatruck Ferries Ltd. www.seatruckferries.com/ports/dublin#dublin-liverpool
    Dublin Port Dublin Liverpool England No Yes - - Norbay, Norbank, European Endeavour P&O Ferries Holdings Limited www.poferries.com/tourist/content/pages/template/routes_dublin_-_liverpool_routes_-_Liverpool_to_Dublin.htm
    Dublin Port Dublin Liverpool England - - - - The Lagan Viking Norse Merchant Ferries No longer running www.norsemerchant.com
    Dublin Port Dublin Mostyn Wales - - - - N/A P&O Ferries Holdings Limited No longer running www.poferries.com
    Dublin Port Dublin Holyhead Wales Yes Yes - - Stena Adventurer, Stena Nordica Stena Line www.stenaline.ie/ferry/routes/dublin-holyhead
    Dublin Port Dublin Holyhead Wales Yes Yes - - MV Ulysses, Jonathan Swift Irish Ferries Ltd. www.irishferries.com/ie/routes-times-dublin-holyhead.asp
    North Wall Quay Dublin Sir John Rogerson's Quay Dublin - - - - Liffey Flyer Sea-Cruise Connemara Limited No longer running www.liffeyferry.com
    Convention Centre Dublin - - Yes - - - Brian Boru, James Joyce, Sea Safari II, Sea Safari IV, Sea Safari VI Sea Safari Tours Ltd. Circular route with only one boarding point www.seasafari.ie
    Bachelors Walk Dublin - - Yes - - - Spirit of Docklands Liffey River Cruises Circular route with only one boarding point www.liffeyrivercruises.com
    Grand Canal Dock Dublin - - Yes - - - Balder, Freya, Loki, Odin, Tyr, Thor, Valkyrie Viking Splash Tours Circular route www.vikingsplash.com
    Grand Canal Dock Dublin Charlemont Place Dublin Yes - - - MV CADHLA City Canal Cruises Restaurant barge www.citycanalcruises.ie/departures-page.html
    Grand Canal, Mespil Road Dublin - - Yes - - - MV Riasc La Peniche Restaurant barge www.lapeniche.ie/index.php
    Tullamore Offaly - - Yes - - - Saoirse ar an Uisce Muiriosa Foundation Circular route? http://kildare.ie/community/easysiteswp/saoirse-ar-an-uisce/?page_id=12
    Dún Laoghaire Dublin Holyhead Wales Yes Yes - - HSS Stena Explorer Stena Line www.stenaline.ie/ferry/routes/dun-laoghaire-holyhead
    Dalkey Dublin Dalkey Island Dublin Yes - - - ??? ??? Occasional ferry and boat hire ???
    Rosslare Harbour Wexford Fishguard Wales Yes Yes - - Stena Europe Stena Line www.stenaline.ie/ferry/routes/rosslare-fishguard
    Rosslare Harbour Wexford Pembroke Wales Yes Yes - - Isle of Inishmore Irish Ferries Ltd. www.irishferries.com/gb/ferry-to-rosslare.asp
    Rosslare Harbour Wexford Le Havre France - - - - N/A Irish Ferries Ltd. No longer running www.irishferries.com
    Rosslare Harbour Wexford Cherbourg France Yes Yes - - Celtic Horizon Celtic Link Ferries www.celticlinkferries.com/schedules.asp
    Rosslare Harbour Wexford Cherbourg France Yes Yes - - Oscar Wilde Irish Ferries Ltd. www.irishferries.com/gb/routes-times-rosslare-cherbourg.asp
    Rosslare Harbour Wexford Roscoff France Yes Yes - - Oscar Wilde Irish Ferries Ltd. www.irishferries.com/gb/routes-times-rosslare-roscoff.asp
    Ballyhack Wexford Passage East Waterford Yes Yes - - FBD Tintern Passage East Ferry Company Ltd. www.passageferry.ie
    New Ross Wexford - - Yes - - - St. Ciaran (Ex-Wroxham Belle), St. Brendan (Ex-Cardinal Wolsley), Rocksand (Ex-Corsand) Dick Fletcher Restaurant barge www.rivercruises.ie/ecology/
    Waterford Waterford - - Yes - - - Barracuda Suir River Cruises (Vincent Coffey) Circular route with only one boarding point www.suirrivercruises.com/scheduled-tours-packages
    Ballinakill Waterford Little Island Waterford Yes Yes - - Loreley Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Course Private - Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Course www.waterfordcastle.com/location/ferry-schedule.asp
    Cobh Cork Haulbowline Cork Yes - - - David F Department of Defence Private - Haulbowline Island users only .
    Ballynoe Cork Glenbrook Cork Yes Yes - - Carrigaloe, Glenbrook (Ex-Lochlash) Cross River Ferries (Marine Transport Services Ltd.) www.scottcobh.ie/pages/ferry.html www.passagewestmonkstown.ie/cross-river-ferry.asp
    Penrose Quay, Cork Cork Kennedy Pier, Cobh Cork Yes - - - Spirit of the Isles (ex-Ingot) Cork Harbour Cruises / Marine Transport Services Ltd. www.corkharbourcruises.ie
    Lough Allua Cork - - Yes - - - Sheila Free The Lakes Tour (Jerry O'Sullivan) www.thelakestour.com/tours/
    Ringaskiddy Cork Swansea Wales - - - - MV Superferry Swansea Cork Ferries Ltd. No longer running www.swanseacorkferries.com
    Ringaskiddy Cork Swansea Wales - - - - MS Julia Fastnet Line No longer running www.fastnetline.com
    Ringaskiddy Cork Roscoff France Yes Yes - - Pont Aven Brittany Ferries www.brittanyferries.ie/ferry-routes/ireland-france-ferries/cork-roscoff
    Kinsale Cork - - Yes - - - Spirit of Kinsale Kinsale Harbour Cruises (Jerome Lordan) Circular route with only one boarding point www.kinsaleharbourcruises.com/kinsale_harbour_cruise.asp
    Baltimore Cork - - Yes - - - Seafari 1 Baltimore Sea Safari Circular route with only one boarding point http://baltimoreseasafari.ie
    Baltimore Cork - - Yes - - - Voyager Whale Watch West Cork (Nic Slocum) www.whalewatchwestcork.com/scenictours.html
    Baltimore Cork Cape Clear Island Cork Yes - - - Dún an Óir 2, Dún Aengus Cape Clear Island Ferry Service / Ciarán Ó Drisceoil Ltd. www.capeclearferry.com/tc/index.php
    Baltimore (?) Cork Cape Clear Cork ??? ??? Yes C only ??? Comharchumann Chléire Teo. / Carbery Isle Ferries Teo. Cargo service ???
    Baltimore Cork Cape Clear Island, Sherkin Island, Heir Island, Long Island & Whiddy Island Cork ??? ??? Yes - ??? Sherkin Island Development Society ???
    Baltimore Cork Cape Clear Island Cork Yes - Yes P only Cailín Óir (Ex-Island Princess), Naomh Ciarán II, Dún Aengus Thar Tonn Teo / Naomh Ciarán II Oileán Chléire Teo / Comharchumann Chleire Teo / Cape Clear Ferry Service / Cailín Óir Ferry Service (Brendan Cottrell / Seamus O'Driscoll) www.cailinoir.com/index www.emara.com/ferry
    Baltimore Cork Cape Clear Island Cork Yes - - - Spirit of the Isles (ex-Ingot) ? West Cork Coastal Cruises / Ciarán Ó Drisceoil Ltd. www.westcorkcoastalcruises.com
    Baltimore Cork Sherkin Island Cork Yes - - P only Mystic Waters (Ex-Freda Cunningham, Ex-Lady Laura), Miss Josephine, Oileán na nEán, Black Point Baltimore Sherkin Island Ferries (Vincent O'Driscoll) / Sherkin Island Ferry Service Renamed from Carbery Isle Ferries Ltd. www.sherkinferry.com/index.html
    Baltimore (?) Cork Sherkin Island Cork ??? ??? Yes C only ??? Comharchumann Chléire Teo. / Carbery Isle Ferries Teo. Cargo service ???
    Baltimore Cork Heir (Hare) Island Cork Yes - - - MV Boy Colm Heir Island Ferries (Danny Murphy) www.heirislandferries.com
    Baltimore (?) Cork Hare Island Cork ??? ??? Yes C only ??? Comharchumann Chléire Teo. / Carbery Isle Ferries Teo. Cargo service ???
    Baltimore Cork Horse Island Cork Yes - - - ??? ??? Island is privately owned ???
    Baltimore (?) Cork Long Island Cork ??? ??? Yes C only ??? Comharchumann Chléire Teo. / Carbery Isle Ferries Teo. Cargo service ???
    Cape Clear island Cork - - Yes - - - MVS Gaisceanán Fastnet Tours Circular route with only one boarding point www.fastnettour.com/Tour
    Cunnamore Cork Sherkin Island Cork Yes - - - MV Boy Colm Heir Island Ferries (Danny Murphy) www.heirislandferries.com
    Cunnamore Cork Heir (Hare) Island Cork Yes - - - MV Boy Colm Heir Island Ferries (Danny Murphy) www.heirislandferries.com
    Cunnamore Cork Heir (Hare) Island Cork Yes - - P only MV Thresher  Camp Roaringwater Ltd. (John Moore) www.heirislandsailingschool.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=72&lang=en
    Schull Pier Cork Horse Island Cork Yes - - - ??? ??? Island is privately owned ???
    Schull Pier Cork Baltimore Cork Yes - - - Karycraft Cape Clear Ferries (Kieran Molloy) www.capeclearferries.com/events.html
    Schull Pier Cork Cape Clear Island Cork Yes - - - ??? Ciarán Ó Drisceoil Ltd. ???
    Schull Pier Cork Cape Clear Island Cork Yes - - - Karycraft Cape Clear Ferries (Kieran Molloy) www.capeclearferries.com/events.html
    Schull Pier Cork Cape Clear Island Cork Yes - - - ??? Kieran Molloy ???
    Schull Pier Cork Sherkin Island Cork Yes - - - ??? Kieran Molloy ???
    Schull Pier Cork Long Island Cork Yes - - P only ??? Maurice Coughlan ???
    Colla Pier, Schull Cork Long Island Cork Yes - - - MV Norvic Heir Island Ferries (Danny Murphy) www.heirislandferries.com
    Colla Pier, Schull Cork Long Island Cork Yes - - - ??? John Shelly ???
    Crookhaven Cork Baltimore Cork Yes - - - ??? Seamus O'Driscoll ???
    Crookhaven Cork Cape Clear Island Cork Yes - - - ??? Seamus O'Driscoll ???
    ??? Cork Dursey Island Cork ??? ??? Yes C only ??? Laurence Cove Ltd., Ciarán Ó Drisceoil Ltd. Cargo service ???
    ??? Cork Whiddy Island Cork ??? ??? Yes C only ??? Laurence Cove Ltd., Ciarán Ó Drisceoil Ltd. Cargo service ???
    Bantry Cork Whiddy Island Cork Yes Yes - - Catherine W Phillips 66 Bantry Bay Terminals Limited? ???
    Bantry Cork Whiddy Island Cork Yes - - - Baltimore Bay, Maid of the Isles Phillips 66 Bantry Bay Terminals Limited? ???
    Bantry Cork Whiddy Island Cork Yes - - P only MV Billet, Ocean Star III Whiddy Island Ferry Service Tim O'Leary) www.whiddyislandferry.com/ferry.php
    Glengariff Cork Garnish Island Cork Yes - - - Ellen’s Rock ??? www.glengarriff.org/category/services/page/2
    Glengariff Cork Garnish Island Cork Yes - - - Blue Pool Ferry I, Blue Pool Ferry II, Blue Pool Ferry III Blue Pool Ferry Company www.bluepoolferry.com
    Glengariff Cork Garnish Island Cork Yes - - - Harbour Queen, Harbour Queen II, Harbour Queen III Harbour Queen Ferry Services www.harbourqueenferry.com
    Beal Lough, Castletown Bearhaven Cork Lawrence Cove, Bere Island Cork Yes Yes - P + V only IKOM K Murphy's Ferry Service (Patrick Murphy www.murphysferry.com
    Castletown Bearhaven Cork West End, Bere Island Cork Yes Yes - P + V only MV Morvern, MV Sancta Maria, MV Oilean na hOige Bere Island Ferries Ltd. (Colum & Ann Harrington) www.bereislandferries.com
    Ballaghboy Cork Dursey Island Cork Yes - Yes - ??? Cork County Council Cable car www.corkcoco.ie/co/web/Cork%20County%20Council/Departments/Divisional%20Services/Coastal%20%26%20Recreation/Cable%20Cars
    Kenmare Kerry - - Yes - - - ??? Orca Marine Ltd / Seafari Circular route with only one boarding point www.seafariireland.com
    Kenmare Kerry - - Yes - - - Star of Kenmare Star Outdoors Circular route with only one boarding point www.staroutdoors.ie/activities/cruise-trips
    Various Kerry Skellig Islands Kerry Yes - - - Large number of vessels Large number of operators www.skelligexperience.com/skellig-boats.html
    Renard Point Kerry Knightstown Kerry Yes Yes - - God Met Ons III Valentia Island Ferries Limited www.discoverireland.ie/Activities-Adventure/valentia-island-ferries/15403
    Cahersiveen Kerry - - Yes - - - Beag Inish Tommy O'Connell Circular route with only one boarding point www.valentiaharbourtours.com/tour.html
    Cahersiveen Kerry Beginish Kerry Yes - - - ??? ??? www.discoverireland.ie/Arts-Culture-Heritage/beginish-island/62091
    Cahersiveen Kerry Knightstown / Renard Point / Dingle / Portmagee Kerry ??? ??? ??? - ??? ??? Lack of clarity on routes ???
    Ross Castle, Killarney Kerry - - Yes - - - Pride of the Lakes Killarney Waterbus Ltd. / Killarney Lake Tours Circular route with only one boarding point www.killarneylaketours.ie/waterbus.html
    Ross Castle, Killarney Kerry Lord Brandon's Cottage, Killarney Kerry Yes - - - ??? O'Donoghue Bros Boating Ltd t/a Killarney Day Tour http://killarneydaytour.com/our-tour/schedule
    Ross Castle, Killarney Kerry - - Yes - - - MV The Lily of Killarney Killarney Water Coach Co. Ltd. / Watercoach Cruises Circular route with only one boarding point www.facebook.com/pages/MV-The-Lily-of-Killarney-Watercoach/135295249833859
    Dingle Kerry Knightstown Kerry Yes - - - N/A Dingle Bay Charters Not operating 2013 www.dinglebaycharters.com/Pages/DingleBlasketFerry.htm
    Dingle Kerry Great Blasket Island Kerry Yes - - - Oileán na n-Óg, An t-Oileánach Glic Bádóirí an Bhlascaoid Teo. Blasket Island Ferries/Eco-Ventures www.blasketisland.com
    Dingle Kerry Great Blasket Island Kerry Yes - - - Lady Breda, Grievous Angel Dingle Bay Charters www.dinglebaycharters.com/Pages/DingleValentiaFerry.htm
    Dingle Kerry - - Yes - - - Adam Patricia, Maid of Clew Bay, Lady Laura, Steren an Mor, Suimhneas, Mam an Oraigh, Laird of Straffa, Lord Avalon Dingle Boatmen's Association www.dingledolphin.com/boat.htm
    Ventry Kerry Great Blasket Island, Inishnabro, Inishvickillane Kerry Yes - - - Blasket Princess, An Blascaod Mor Blasket Islands Eco Marine Adventure Tours / Blasket Islands Eco Marine Tours www.marinetours.ie
    Dunquin Kerry Great Blasket Island Kerry Yes - - - Blasket Princess, An Blascaod Mor Dún Chaoin Ferry Co. Ltd. (Michael Sheeran) www.blasketislands.ie
    Tarbert Kerry Killimer Clare Yes Yes - - Shannon Breeze, Shannon Dolphin ShannonFerry Group Ltd. www.shannonferries.com
    Killaloe Clare - - Yes - - - Spirit of Lough Derg, Spirit of Killaloe Killaloe River Cruises Circular route with only one boarding point http://killaloerivercruises.com/website/boat-trips
    Killaloe Clare - - Yes - - - KU-EE-TU Teddy Knight www.kueetu.ie
    Shannonbridge Offaly Clonmacnoise Offaly Yes - - - River Queen Silverline Cruisers www.silverlinecruisers.com/day-trips.php
    ??? Leitrim - - Yes - - - River Run The River Run Circular route with only one boarding point www.theriverrun.ie/schedule
    Athlone Westmeath - - Yes - - - Shannon Princess II (Ex-Oliver Goldsmith) Ruairi Gibbons & Olivia Power Hotel Boat. Limited capacity www.shannonprincess.com/
    Athlone Westmeath - - Yes - - - Viking 1 Viking Ship Cruise www.vikingtoursireland.ie
    Athlone Westmeath - - Yes - - - Barracuda Circular route with only one boarding point www.barracudaboattrips.com
    Carrick-on-Shannon Leitrim - - Yes - - - Moon River Moon River Circular route with only one boarding point www.moonriver.ie/schedule
    Lough Key Forest Park, Boyle Roscommon - - Yes - - - Trinity Lough Key Boat Tours Circular route with only one boarding point www.loughkeyboats.com/tours.html
    Kilrush Clare Scattery Island Clare Yes - - - St. Senan II Gerald Griffin (?) ???
    Kilrush Clare Scattery Island Clare Yes - - - Dolphin Discovery Scattery Island Ferries Ltd. www.discoverdolphins.ie/scattery.html
    Carrigaholt Clare - - Yes - - - Draíocht Dolphinwatch www.dolphinwatch.ie/boat-trips-page52777.html
    Liscannor Clare Doolin Pier Clare - - - - N/A Aran Line No longer running www.aranline.com
    Liscannor Clare Aran Islands Galway - - - - N/A Aran Line No longer running www.aranline.com
    Liscannor Clare - - Yes - - - Moher Princess PJ Garrihy Circular route with only one boarding point http://homepage.tinet.ie/~liscannorferry/pages/page_1.html
    Doolin Pier Clare Aran Islands Galway - - - - N/A Aran Line No longer running www.aranline.com
    Doolin Pier Clare Aran Islands Galway Yes - - - Cailín Turána Aran Islands Fast Ferries Ltd. (Dick Grant) No longer running N/A
    Doolin Pier Clare Aran Islands Galway Yes - - - Happy Hooker Doolin Ferries (Kevin O'Brien) Potential for confusion - similar names www.doolinferries.com
    Doolin Pier Clare Aran Islands Galway Yes - - - MV Tranquility, Queen of Aran, Rose of Aran The Doolin Ferry Company Limited / O'Brien Line (Bill and Liam O'Brien) Potential for confusion - similar names www.doolinferry.com/index.php?page=times www.obrienline.com
    Doolin Pier Clare Aran Islands Galway Yes - - - Doolin Discovery, Jack B, MacDara Doolin2Aran Ferries / Liscannor Ferry Company (Garrihy Brothers) www.doolin2aranferries.com www.aranferries.com www.cliffs-of-moher-cruises.com www.mohercruises.com
    Aran Islands Galway Aran Islands Galway Yes Yes Yes - MV Oileain Arann O'Brien Shipping Ltd. (Kevin & Bill O'Brien) Potential for confusion - similar names ???
    Aran Islands Galway Aran Islands Galway Yes Yes Yes - Large number of vessels Large number of operators ???
    Ballyvaughan Clare Galway Galway - - - - N/A Ballyvaughan Bay Hop Limited No longer running www.ballyvaughanbayhop.com/service.html
    Galway Galway Aran Islands Galway - - - - Naomh Éanna Córas Iompair Éireann No longer running www.cie.ie
    Galway Galway Aran Islands Galway - Yes Yes C only. Possibly Inis Mór only. MV Blath na Mara Lasta Mara Teo www.lastamarateo.com/serviceschedule.html
    Galway Galway Aran Islands Galway Yes Yes Yes - MV Oileain Arann O'Brien Shipping Ltd. (Kevin & Bill O'Brien) Potential for confusion - similar names ???
    Woodquay, Galway Galway - - Yes - - - Corrib Princess Corrib Princess River Cruises and Tours (Thomas McDonagh) Circular route with only one boarding point www.corribprincess.ie/dailysailings.html
    Cong Mayo - - Yes - - - MV Corrib Queen, MV Isle Of Inisfree, Ashford Bay Corrib Cruises (Patrick & David Luskin) Circular route with only one boarding point www.corribcruises.com
    Cong Mayo Inchagoill Mayo Yes - - - MV Corrib Queen, MV Isle Of Inisfree, Ashford Bay Corrib Cruises (Patrick & David Luskin) www.corribcruises.com
    Oughterard Galway Cong Mayo Yes - - - MV Corrib Queen, MV Isle Of Inisfree, Ashford Bay Corrib Cruises (Patrick & David Luskin) www.corribcruises.com
    Connemara Airport, Minna, Inveran Galway Aran Islands Galway Yes - - P only EI-AYN, EI-BCE, EI-CUW Galway Aviation Services Ltd. (Trading as Aer Arann Islands) / Chomhforbairt Gaillimh Teo Plane www.aerarannislands.ie
    Rossaveal Galway Aran Islands Galway - - - - MV Clann Eagle I, MV Clann Na nOileain, Aran Princess Aran Islands Direct Ltd. (Dissolved) / Aran Link Ltd. (In Receivership) / Bád Árann Teoranta / Caol Díreach go hÁrainn No longer running www.aranislandsdirect.com www.arandirect.com
    Rossaveal Galway Aran Islands Galway - - - - Queen of Aran II (now Argyll Flyer) InisMór Ferries No longer running www.queenofaran2.com
    Rossaveal Galway Aran Islands Galway - Yes Yes C only MV Madelen Lasta Mara Teo www.lastamarateo.com/serviceschedule.html
    Rossaveal Galway Aran Islands Galway Yes - - P only. To Inis Meáin & Inis Oírr only Aran Express, Aran Flyer, Aran Seaboard, Banríon na Farraige, Ceol na Farraige, Draiocht na Farraige, Glór na Farraige, Sea Sprinter Aran Island Ferries / Aran Island Ferries Ltd. / Island Ferries Teoranta (Paddy and Sally O'Brien) Bus & ferry. Potential for confusion - similar names. www.aranislandferries.com
    Rossaveal Galway Aran Islands Galway Yes Yes Yes P only MV Oileain Arann O'Brien Shipping Ltd. (Kevin & Bill O'Brien) Potential for confusion - similar names ???
    Cleggan Galway Inishbofin Galway Yes - - - MV Galway Bay, Dún Aengus Inishbofin Island Ferry (O'Halloran?) No longer running ? www.inishbofinferry.com http://homepage.eircom.net/~inishbofinisland/dunaengus.htm
    Cleggan Galway Inishbofin Galway Yes - - - MV Galway Bay O'Halloran Shipping Limited (Paul O'Halloran?) No longer running ? N/A
    Cleggan Galway Inishbofin Galway Yes - - P only Island Discovery, Island Explorer Inishbofin Island Discovery Ltd. www.inishbofinislanddiscovery.com/Timetables1.html
    Cleggan Galway Inishbofin Galway Yes Yes Yes C only Triona, Inisbofin Princess (reserve) Blackshell Marine Cargo / Blackshell Farm Ltd. www.blackshellmarinecargo.com/page1.php
    Cleggan Galway Inishbofin Galway ??? ??? ??? - ??? King Ferries (Malachy King) ???
    Cleggan Galway Inishbofin Galway Yes - - - Atlantic Queen, Caher Star, Lady Marilyn Inishturk Ferries (John V Heanue & Son ) www.inishturkisland.com/?pagid=21 http://clifden.galway-ireland.ie/inishturk.htm#travel
    Cleggan Galway Inishturk Mayo Yes - - - MV Galway Bay O'Halloran Shipping Limited (Paul O'Halloran?) No longer running N/A
    Inishturk Mayo Clare Island Mayo Yes Yes Yes - Pirate Queen, Very Likely, Clew Bay Queen (ex-MV Arrain Mhor, ex-MV Kilbrannan) Clare Island Ferry And Clew Bay Cruises Limited (Brian O’Grady) www.clareislandferry.com
    Killary Galway - - Yes - - - Connemara Lady, Lady Tender Killary Cruises Circular route with only one boarding point www.killarycruises.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=54
    Killary Galway - - Yes - - - Rib T1, Rib T2 Killary Adventure Company Circular route with only one boarding point www.killaryadventure.com/en/get_qualified/powerboat_training_courses.html
    Roonah (Roonagh) Pier Mayo Inishturk Mayo Yes Yes Yes P + C only Pirate Queen, Very Likely, Clew Bay Queen (ex-MV Arrain Mhor, ex-MV Kilbrannan) Clare Island Ferry And Clew Bay Cruises Limited (Brian O’Grady) www.clareislandferry.com
    Roonah (Roonagh) Pier Mayo Inishturk Mayo Yes - - - Atlantic Queen, Caher Star, Lady Marilyn Inishturk Ferries (John V Heanue & Son ) www.inishturkisland.com/?pagid=21 http://clifden.galway-ireland.ie/inishturk.htm#travel
    Roonah (Roonagh) Pier Mayo Inishturk Mayo Yes - - - Naomh Ciarán II, Garnish Glory O'Malley Ferries (Clare Island) Limited (Charles O'Malley) Used to operate “Island Princess” www.omalleyferries.com
    Roonah (Roonagh) Pier Mayo Clare Island Mayo Yes - - - Atlantic Queen, Caher Star, Lady Marilyn Inishturk Ferries (John V Heanue & Son ) www.inishturkisland.com/?pagid=21 http://clifden.galway-ireland.ie/inishturk.htm#travel
    Roonah (Roonagh) Pier Mayo Clare Island Mayo Yes - - - Naomh Ciarán II, Garnish Glory O'Malley Ferries (Clare Island) Limited (Charles O'Malley) Used to operate “Island Princess” www.omalleyferries.com
    Roonah (Roonagh) Pier Mayo Clare Island Mayo Yes Yes Yes P + C only Pirate Queen, Very Likely, Clew Bay Queen (ex-MV Arrain Mhor, ex-MV Kilbrannan) Clare Island Ferry And Clew Bay Cruises Limited (Brian O’Grady) www.clareislandferry.com
    ??? Mayo Inishlyre, Clynish, Collanmore, Cuanmoore Mayo ??? ??? Yes C only ??? Mayo Islands Committee Cargo service ???
    Darby's Point, Achill Mayo Clare Island Mayo Yes - - - Naomh Ciarán II, Garnish Glory O'Malley Ferries (Clare Island) Limited (Charles O'Malley) Used to operate “Island Princess” www.omalleyferries.com
    Cloughmore, Achill Mayo Clare Island Mayo Yes Yes Yes - Pirate Queen, Very Likely, Clew Bay Queen (ex-MV Arrain Mhor, ex-MV Kilbrannan) Clare Island Ferry And Clew Bay Cruises Limited (Brian O’Grady) www.clareislandferry.com
    Bullsmouth, Dooniver, Achill Island Mayo Inishbiggle Mayo Yes - - - Naomh Michael Joe O’Malley http://destinationwestport.com/places-to-visit/natural-beauty/clew-bay-islands/inishbiggle-island-walks-inis-bigil
    ??? Mayo Inishbiggle Mayo Yes - - - ??? Comhar Iorrais Teoranta Rural Transport Programme now MFG ???
    Doran’s Point, Ballycroy Mayo Inishbiggle Mayo Yes - - P only Iomaire Gainnimh Micheal Leneghan http://destinationwestport.com/places-to-visit/natural-beauty/clew-bay-islands/inishbiggle-island-walks-inis-bigil
    Parke's Castle Leitrim - - Yes - - - Rose of Innisfree The Rose Of Innisfree www.roseofinnisfree.com/
    Lough Derg Donegal Station Island Donegal Yes - - - St. Brigid (aka St. Bridget?), MV St. Davog, St. Columba St. Patrick Purgatory www.loughderg.org/gallery/view/january-2012-
    Donegal Donegal - - Yes - - - Dún na nGall Donegal Bay Waterbus Circular route with only one boarding point www.donegalbaywaterbus.com/donegal-sailing-times
    Dunlewey Lough Donegal - - Yes - - - Grainne Rose Dunlewey Centre Circular route with only one boarding point www.dunleweycentre.com/attractions/boat-cruise/
    Burtonport Donegal Inishfree Donegal Yes - - - Su Rose Agus Emma Anne Inishfree Charters (Oscar Duffy / Liam Miller) www.donegalislands.com/inishfree/getting_there.php
    Burtonport Donegal Rutland Island Donegal Yes - - - Su Rose Agus Emma Anne Inishfree Charters (Oscar Duffy / Liam Miller) www.donegalislands.com/inishfree/getting_there.php
    Burtonport Donegal Inishkeera Donegal Yes - - - Su Rose Agus Emma Anne Inishfree Charters (Oscar Duffy / Liam Miller) www.donegalislands.com/inishfree/getting_there.php
    Burtonport Donegal Arranmore Donegal Yes Yes Yes P + V only MV Rhum, MV Coll Arranmore Ferry / Cara na nOileán Teo / Maoin Na Farraige Teo www.arranmoreferry.com
    Burtonport Donegal Arranmore Donegal Yes Yes - - MV Renfrew Rose, MV Yoker Swan, MV Girl Gray, Realt Na Maidne Realt Na Maidne Teoranta Used to operate “MV Movern” www.arranmorefastferry.com www.arranmorecharters.com/time-tables.html
    Bunbeg Donegal Gola island Donegal Yes - Yes - Tormór, Whispering Dawn Turasmara Dun an nGall Teoranta / Donegal Coastal Cruises (Padraig Doherty) www.toryislandferry.com/AmchlrTimetable.htm
    Bunbeg Donegal Tory Island Donegal Yes - Yes - Tormór, Whispering Dawn Turasmara Dun an nGall Teoranta / Donegal Coastal Cruises (Padraig Doherty) www.toryislandferry.com/AmchlrTimetable.htm
    Bunbeg Donegal Tory Island Donegal Yes Yes Yes C only MV Rhum, MV Coll Comharchumann Oilean Thorai + Arranmore Ferry www.oileanthorai.com/TravelTaisteal.htm
    Port Úr Pier, Magheragallan Donegal Trá na mBlathan, Gola island Donegal Yes - - - ??? Seod Ghabhla / Gola Island Ferry Service (Jimmy Sweeny) www.donegalislands.com/gola/getting_there.php
    Port Úr Pier, Magheragallan Donegal Inis Oirthear Donegal Yes - - - ??? Seod Ghabhla / Gola Island Ferry Service (Jimmy Sweeny) www.donegalislands.com/gola/getting_there.php
    Meenlaragh Donegal Tory Island Donegal ??? ??? ??? - ??? ??? Likely duplicate of Magheraroarty ferry ???
    Magheraroarty Donegal Inishbofin Donegal Yes - - - Carmel Olivia Michael O'Brien www.fishinginireland.info/charterboats/donegal.htm
    Magheraroarty Donegal Tory Island Donegal Yes - - - Carmel Olivia Michael O'Brien www.fishinginireland.info/charterboats/donegal.htm
    Magheraroarty Donegal Tory Island Donegal Yes - Yes - Toraigh Na D'tonn Pat Doohan www.toryferry.com
    Magheraroarty Donegal Tory Island Donegal Yes - Yes P + C only Tormór, Whispering Dawn Turasmara Dun an nGall Teoranta / Donegal Coastal Cruises (Padraig Doherty) www.toryislandferry.com/AmchlrTimetable.htm
    Falcarragh Donegal Tory Island Donegal Yes - Yes - ??? Comharchumann Oilean Thorai Winter-only helicopter www.oileanthorai.com/TravelTaisteal.htm
    Falcarragh Donegal Tory Island Donegal Yes - - P only ??? HSE Private helicopter - HSE staff & patients only ???
    Portnablagh Donegal Tory Island Donegal Yes - - - Tormór, Whispering Dawn Turasmara Dun an nGall Teoranta / Donegal Coastal Cruises (Padraig Doherty) www.toryislandferry.com/AmchlrTimetable.htm
    Buncrana Donegal Rathmullan Donegal Yes Yes - - Foyle Rambler Lough Foyle Ferry Company Ltd. www.loughfoyleferry.com/swilly_times.html
    Greencastle Donegal Magilligan Derry Yes Yes - - Foyle Venture Lough Foyle Ferry Company Ltd. www.loughfoyleferry.com
    Antrim Marina, Antrim Anrtim Ballyronan Marina, Ballyronan Derry Yes - - - Maid of Antrim Con Law www.loughneaghcruises.co.uk
    Antrim Marina, Antrim Anrtim - - Yes - - - Maid of Antrim Con Law Circular route with only one boarding point www.loughneaghcruises.co.uk
    Antrim Lough Shore Park, Antrim Anrtim - - Yes - - - The Black Pearl, Calypso Pirate of Lough Neagh (Captain "Jim the Enforcer") Circular route with only one boarding point www.piratesofloughneagh.com
    Kinnego Marina, Lurgan Armagh - - Yes - - - Master McGra, The Coney Explorer, Trostan Circular route with only one boarding point www.facebook.com/kinnegomarina
    Sandy Bay , Lough Neagh Anrtim Ram's Island, Lough Neagh Anrtim Yes - - - Island Warrior Rams Island Heritage Project www.ramsisland.org
    Ballycastle Antrim Rathlin Island Antrim Yes - - - Rathlin Express, MV Canna Rathlin Island Ferry Ltd. www.rathlinballycastleferry.com
    Ballycastle Antrim Campbeltown Scotland Yes - - - ??? Kintyre Express www.kintyreexpress.com/ferry-service.html
    Larne Antrim Troon Scotland Yes Yes - - Norbay, Norbank, European Endeavour P&O Ferries Holdings Limited www.poferries.com/tourist/content/pages/template/routes_cairnryan_troon_-_larne_routes_-_Cairnryan_or_Troon_to_Larne.htm
    Larne Antrim Cairnryan Scotland Yes Yes - - Norbay, Norbank, European Endeavour P&O Ferries Holdings Limited www.poferries.com/tourist/content/pages/template/routes_cairnryan_troon_-_larne_routes_-_Cairnryan_or_Troon_to_Larne.htm
    Larne Antrim Fleetwood England - - - - ??? Stena Line No longer running www.stenaline.co.uk
    Larne Antrim Ballylumford Antrim Yes - - - Adrienne, Mary Ann John Mcloughlin & Son (Shipping) Ltd. www.johnmcloughlinshipping.co.uk www.discovernorthernireland.com/Larne-Islandmagee-Ferry-Service-Larne-P6946
    Belfast Antrim Cairnryan Scotland Yes Yes - - Stena Superfast VII, Stena Superfast VIII Stena Line www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/routes/cairnryan-belfast
    Belfast Antrim Heysham England - - - - The Lagan Viking Norse Merchant Ferries No longer running www.norsemerchant.com
    Belfast Antrim Heysham England No Yes - - Clipper Ranger, Seatruck Performance Seatruck Ferries Ltd. www.seatruckferries.com/ports/warrenpoint#warrenpoint-heysham
    Belfast Antrim Heysham England No Yes - - Stena Performer, Stena Precision Stena Line Unsure if running www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/routes/liverpool-belfast
    Belfast Antrim Douglas Isle of Man Yes Yes - - Manannan Isle of Man Steam Packet Company www.steam-packet.com/en/Timetables
    Belfast Antrim Liverpool Birkenhead England Yes Yes - - Stena Lagan, Stena Mersey Stena Line www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/routes/liverpool-belfast
    Donaghadee Down Copeland island Down Yes - - - The Brothers Quinton Nelson www.nelsonsboats.co.uk/
    Portaferry Down Strangford Down Yes Yes - - MV Portaferry II, MV Strangford Roads Service www.nidirect.gov.uk/purchase-strangford-ferry-tickets
    Warrenpoint Down Heysham England No Yes - - Clipper Pennant, Seatruck Panorama Seatruck Ferries Ltd. www.seatruckferries.com/ports/warrenpoint#warrenpoint-heysham

Advertisement