Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW "In the Spotlight" Thread - Denny M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I know you mentioned liking Alexisonfire in another thread, so what are your top 5 favourite bands?

What's the best concert you've ever been to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Where does your username come from? Is it because you have an unhealthy liking for rashers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I know you mentioned liking Alexisonfire in another thread, so what are your top 5 favourite bands?
    I'm a big fan of metal, primarily extreme metal, so my top 5 would be:
    1 - Cannibal Corpse
    2 - Misery Index
    3 - Dying Fetus
    4 - Anaal Nathrakh
    5 - Napalm Death
    What's the best concert you've ever been to?

Probably a Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus concert I went over to London for, it was in the Koko Lounge in Camden.
    Where does your username come from? Is it because you have an unhealthy liking for rashers?

Not quite, it was just my nickname as a kid, and it became what most people wound up calling me, so it sort of stuck. If I was to change the username though, I'd probably go with something Warhammer 40k related, like Angron or Kharn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Thoughts on having to go all the ****ing way to Ballybrit for exams when the roads will be lethal?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thoughts on having to go all the ****ing way to Ballybrit for exams when the roads will be lethal?
    I've deferred the year cause of some stuff at home, so thankfully I won't have to risk my neck this year :pac:

• Advertisement

What is the secret to personal happiness?

Who is the best wrestler in the world?

Who is the best wrestler ever?

Whats the last time you had a proper LOL?

Tell us a funny drunken story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

If vince Mc called you to be a superstar what would your gimmick be and who would you feud against first?

What is your favourite finisher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Were you the guy who had Alberto Del Rio's music as a ringtone/text tone? I was in a rush to meet somebody and I still regret not giving that man a Hi-5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Which year did you start watching wrestling?

How many wrestling shows have you been to?

How many different countries have you been to?

Which country has the sexiest women?

Home and Away or Neighbours?

What is the secret to personal happiness?
    Good friends, good banter and a good place to play some video games.
    Who is the best wrestler in the world?
    Personally, I have to go with Daniel Bryan. I'd have loved to have seen a match with him, Kurt Angle and Benoit.
    Who is the best wrestler ever?
    Kane :pac:
    Whats the last time you had a proper LOL?
    Watching Ted, I love that movie and I've seen it about 5 times already.
    Tell us a funny drunken story?
    One time in Galway I was out drinking with a few friends, and when we were walking home, there was some guys yelling and knocking over bags of rubbish. In retaliation, we started screaming and then walked over and casually straightened everything up again. It's the best one I can think of at the moment :P
    If vince Mc called you to be a superstar what would your gimmick be and who would you feud against first?
    I'd be the son of Kane, and I'd hope people wouldn't notice an Irish accent. I'd feud with someone like Cesaro, cause it seems like he'd be good enough to work with.
    What is your favourite finisher?
    Either the Tombstone Piledriver, Sweet Chin Music or the simple chokeslam.

• Advertisement

Were you the guy who had Alberto Del Rio's music as a ringtone/text tone? I was in a rush to meet somebody and I still regret not giving that man a Hi-5.
    Nope, wasn't me. At various points though I did use wrestlers music for ringtones, I used Kane's "Slow Chemical" song, Batista's "I Walk Alone" and RVD's "One of a Kind"
    Charisteas wrote: »
    Which year did you start watching wrestling?
    I reckon it was around late 97/early 98. I remember loving two wrestlers in particular, Kane and Goldberg. Kane cause I liked the pyro he used, and the sheer intimidation factor he had, and Goldberg cause he was just a straight up ass-kicker.
    How many wrestling shows have you been to?
    One so far, though I'm going to go to the Wrestlemania Revenge tour in April. The show I went to was (I think) when I was in 2nd year in Secondary school, and Benoit was still alive cause he wrestled at it.
    How many different countries have you been to?
    Outside of Ireland, I've been to France, the UK and Spain.
    Which country has the sexiest women?
    Any of the Nordic countries really, Sweden, Finland or Norway.
    Home and Away or Neighbours?
    Can I pick neither? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Favorite character from any animation series?

Whats your favorite item of clothing?

If you won a bet against a mate and you could choose any wrestlers outfit to walk down grafton street in what would it be?

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Favorite character from any animation series?
    Always been a fan of Charizard from pokemon. I also like L from the show "Deathnote".
    Whats your favorite item of clothing?
    My new rock shoes. Keep my feet dry, and they are comfortable too!
    If you won a bet against a mate and you could choose any wrestlers outfit to walk down grafton street in what would it be?
    It's between Kane and Cena. I don't fancy walking down the street in the spandex trunks most wrestlers wear :pac: Kane's has the benefit of the mask, while with Cena's I'd just be ridiculously coloured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Wrestling: Fun or Serious business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

What's your guilty pleasure as far as wrestling is concerned?

Wrestling: Fun or Serious business?

Fun, it shouldn't be taken too seriously I think.
    What's your guilty pleasure as far as wrestling is concerned?
    Probably being a fan of Evan Bourne, even though he does kinda screw up when it comes to the wellness stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Your ultimate karaoke song and/or song you burst into when drunk?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Your ultimate karaoke song and/or song you burst into when drunk?
    Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

i) Ever randomly hit a mate with a wrestling move?

When?

ii) Bon Jovi or Guns'n'Roses

iii) WWF or WCW

Favourite movie?

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    i) Ever randomly hit a mate with a wrestling move?

When?
    I dunno if it counts as much, but I put one of my friends in the Masterlock outside school before :P
    ii) Bon Jovi or Guns'n'Roses
    I'd like a few more GnR songs than Bon Jovi, but I wouldn't really be a fan. Axl Rose is a huge tool.
    iii) WWF or WCW
    I'd have watched a bit more WCW as a kid, but overall I'd have to go with the WWF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,287 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What debut/run has disappointed the most after hearing so much about them or seeing promos?
    Like I said when asking the others this question, Preferably not one of the WCW/ECW guys in the Invasion since they were pretty much fubar in comparison to what they were in their previous companies.

What WWE star do you think doesn't deserve the push they're getting and who do you think has a poor gimmick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Best WWE game?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What debut/run has disappointed the most after hearing so much about them or seeing promos?
    Like I said when asking the others this question, Preferably not one of the WCW/ECW guys in the Invasion since they were pretty much fubar in comparison to what they were in their previous companies.

I kinda want to say Tensai, but that would mean I had hopes for his return/debut.
    What WWE star do you think doesn't deserve the push they're getting and who do you think has a poor gimmick?
    Del Rio. I don't like the guy, and don't think he should be a 2 time WWE champion. He's not a bad wrestler really, I just find him boring. Best part about him for me is Ricardo.
    Best WWE game?

I haven't played WWE 12 or 13, so I can't comment on those. I have a bit of a soft spot for "Here Comes the Pain", but overall I'll go with Smackdown! v Raw 2005, when I started getting more into wrestling again, and that helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Default questions:
    What got you into Pro Wrestling in the first place?

What keeps you interested in it?

How did you come across the PW forum on Boards?

What keeps you coming back to the forum?

What other big interest do you have outside of Pro Wrestling?

What wrestler/story/moment do you feel had the greatest impact on you as a fan?

Any plans for the future?

Masterchef or master mind?

Ever meet a big name wrestler, if so what was the best/funniest encounter?

You're having a meal, you ask for coke but they say they only have pepsi, what do you do?

The world is ending in a week, what do you do for the week?

Got a tattoo? If yes, whats the story behind it? If not would you ever get one?

What got you into Pro Wrestling in the first place?
    My cousins were big fans of The Rock and Stone Cold, and wrestling started getting big in my school, with students doing the DX crotch chops and the like
    What keeps you interested in it?
    I just generally find it interesting. The storylines may not be as great as they were in the attitude era, but I still find it enjoyable.
    How did you come across the PW forum on Boards?

I started off on the Rock and Metal forum, and then gradually started looking around for other forums of interest, and here I am!
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    The banter mainly. It's all good fun, plus it's a good spot to find out news that I may miss otherwise thanks to folks like Rovert.
    What other big interest do you have outside of Pro Wrestling?
    Pokemon, gaming, music and reading would be a big part of my interests.
    What wrestler/story/moment do you feel had the greatest impact on you as a fan?
    The Invasion angle, and the lead up to it, where WWE bought out WCW and ECW. I had been a fan of WCW, and probably watched more of it than WWE cause I had easier access to it, and the fact that WWE had the power to do that impressed me at that age.
    CMpunked wrote: »
    Any plans for the future?
    Doing a course in GMIT in Software development, and then see if I can possibly get somewhere in the games development world somewhere down the line.
    Masterchef or master mind?
    Master mind, I never went in for the fancy cooking stuff. Once I can make myself a simple meal, I'm happy!
    Ever meet a big name wrestler, if so what was the best/funniest encounter?
    Sadly, no :(
    You're having a meal, you ask for coke but they say they only have pepsi, what do you do?
    Get a glass of milk. I hate the taste of pepsi.
    The world is ending in a week, what do you do for the week?
    Find my dad, kick him in the nads as hard as possible, and then just go out and have as much fun as possible with the time I have left.
    Got a tattoo? If yes, whats the story behind it? If not would you ever get one?

I have 4, one relating to the band Type O Negative after their lead singer died. Myself and one of my friends both got one about Type O. I also have 3 pokemon on my leg, because I've loved pokemon ever since I was a kid and it got me through the sh*thole that was my school.

Think you missed my earlier question about your favourite movie. Or actually, what's your top 5.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Think you missed my earlier question about your favourite movie. Or actually, what's your top 5.
    Woops, my bad. I'm gonna go with:
    The Shawshank Redemption
    The Green Mile
    Jurassic Park 1
    The first Pokemon movie
    V For Vendetta

Are you a soccer fan?Who do you support?

Ever play hurling?

John Deere or Massy?

Petrol or Deisel?

Bag of chips and a batter sausage or steak with all the trimmings?

• Advertisement

Are you a soccer fan?Who do you support?
    I don't follow it as much, but when I did I was a Man Utd fan. I started supporting them out of spite, my dad constantly tried to get me to support Arsenal :P
    Ever play hurling?
    Not in years, it was never really a big thing here.
    John Deere or Massy?
    Massy, I learned to drive a tractor in one of them.
    Petrol or Deisel?
    Diesel
    Bag of chips and a batter sausage or steak with all the trimmings?
    Steak, easy. Rare too, I'm not a fan of medium, and well done is just destroying it.

Denny M wrote: »
    I don't follow it as much, but when I did I was a Man Utd fan. I started supporting them out of spite, my dad constantly tried to get me to support Arsenal :P

Not in years, it was never really a big thing here.

Massy, I learned to drive a tractor in one of them.

Diesel

Steak, easy. Rare too, I'm not a fan of medium, and well done is just destroying it.
    Good answers. The fact you support Utd and can drive a tractor elevates you to Main Event status in my eyes. :pac:

Where is "here?"

Any regrets in life thus far?

Good answers. The fact you support Utd and can drive a tractor elevates you to Main Event status in my eyes. :pac:

Where is "here?"
    Longford. We aren't known for being a stronghold of football either, but it'd get more focus than hurling.
    Any regrets in life thus far?
    A few, but nothing that I haven't worked to right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,287 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who would you push and how would you push them?

Who that has left WWE would you a)like to see back and b)think will be back

Who from another promotion that you're aware of would you like to see in WWE?

Who's your favourite muppet?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Who would you push and how would you push them?
    Evan Bourne, by bringing back the Cruiserweight title. There's a fair few people in the WWE under the weight limit, and it'd be a chance for a few more high-flying matches.
    Who that has left WWE would you a)like to see back and b)think will be back
    Jericho, I fully expect him to be back down the line too.
    Who from another promotion that you're aware of would you like to see in WWE?
    There is a few I'd like, but I'd be kind of afraid that they'd get lost in the WWE, as can happen quite a bit. I do wonder if Austin Aries might go there in the future, cause he certainly has the charisma to stand out if he's played right. Another obvious one would be Sting, but as he's getting on in years, he'd probably not be there long, if at all.

Who's your favourite muppet?
    Beaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Favorite breakfast cereal?

Favorite biscuits?

• Advertisement

Dancor wrote: »
    Favorite breakfast cereal?
    Probably Frosted Shreddies.
    Favorite biscuits?
    Good old custard creams.

Earliest wrestling memory?

Earliest wrestling memory?
    Now that I'm not sure of. I think it might have been a match involving the Rock, cause one of my cousins was a huge supporter of Rocky, but I can't remember was it on RAW or PPV, or who it was against.

Favorite original pokemon?

What was your 6 pokemon set up in the game-boy games?

Favorite original pokemon?
    Charizard, hands down.
    What was your 6 pokemon set up in the game-boy games?
    In Red I think my team was: Charizard, Kadabra, Raichu, Nidoking, Tauros and Hitmonlee (I never had a link cable to get Alakazam :( )

Gold was Typhlosion, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Gyarados, Heracross and Ho-Oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Favourite wrestling promos?

Do you break out any wrestling moves/taunts on the dancefloor?

Rank Nolan's Batman Trilogy?

also the 3 LOTR films?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Favourite wrestling promos?
    I always loved the video for Unforgiven 2004, Randy Orton v Triple H. The music in particular fitted in perfectly.

Do you break out any wrestling moves/taunts on the dancefloor?
    Nope, I'm rarely even on the dancefloor :pac:
    Rank Nolan's Batman Trilogy?
    Haven't watched any of them. I'm more an Adam West guy :P
    also the 3 LOTR films?
    I enjoyed the 3 films, and will probably go see The Hobbit in the cinema too. I do love the video "How the Lord of the Rings Should Have Ended" though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

In your opinion is a Jaffa cake a biscuit or cake?

Denny M wrote: »
    C
    In Red I think my team was: Charizard, Kadabra, Raichu, Nidoking, Tauros and Hitmonlee (I never had a link cable to get Alakazam :( )

Gold was Typhlosion, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Gyarados, Heracross and Ho-Oh.

Ho-daym! Nice.

Favorite current day games?

Dancor wrote: »
    In your opinion is a Jaffa cake a biscuit or cake?
    Biscuit. Cakes shouldn't be that small unless they have cocaine cinnamon in them!
    Ho-daym! Nice.

Favorite current day games?
    There's quite a few modern games I love, Borderlands 2 has probably been my favourite game out this year. Black Ops 2 has been pretty enjoyable, though compared to MW3 that wouldn't be saying much :pac: Team Fortress 2 is a pretty fun game too, I love playing as the Pyro in particular. Lastly I'll include most of the Warhammer 40k games I've played, which are generally Real-Time Strategy games.

Advertisement