Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Wildfire Call barring password???

• 28-11-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭

I've never had a problem when roaming with my phone, a HTC Wildfire, but this time (I'm in Ghana btw) I am unable to make any calls, I can send and receive texts and receive calls but I can't dial out.

I looked in call settings and found in call barring, all outgoing calls is enabled. I don't know how that happened but when I try to change it it asks
    for a password. I've no idea what that should be but did a bit of a search and the only thing I found was a suggestion that i need my PIN2 code... which is in a drawer... in Ireland! :rolleyes:

Any ideas? I want to avoid a costly call to O2 support. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Hey try 0000 if you didn't already.
    From vodafone website
    Cancel all call barrings
    Follow these instructions to cancel all call barrings.

1. Find "Call barring settings"
    Press the menu icon.
    Press Settings.
    Press Call.
    Press Call barring settings.
    2. Cancel all call barrings
    Press Deactivate all to cancel call barring
    Key in your barring password (default is 0000) and press OK.
    3. Exit
    Press the Home key to return to standby mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭sudzs

Keith186 wrote: »
    Hey try 0000 if you didn't already.

Thanks for that Keith186. :) Yes, I had tried the 0000, 1111 etc...

But I've since discovered that it's supposed to be set up like thit. (It's O2 UK btw) If I want to make a call I have to dial *111*, the phone rings, I answer and am prompted to enter the number I want to call. It's a right pain in the bum. :( Who knows phone numbers off the top of their head anymore!!! Hope I don't have to ring anyone in a hurry! :rolleyes:

Advertisement