Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW "In the Spotlight" Thread - grames_bond

• 28-11-2012 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Your turn to step into the breach gramesie baby! Bull on folks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

5 favourite wrestlers, both current and of all time?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What's your favourite entrance theme of all time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was james_bond taken or is your name graham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What got you into Pro Wrestling in the first place?

What keeps you interested in it?

How did you come across the PW forum on Boards?

What keeps you coming back to the forum?

What other big interest do you have outside of Pro Wrestling?

What wrestler/story/moment do you feel had the greatest impact on you as a fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Who's your favourite Power Ranger?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What is your favourite sporting moment?

Ever marked out as a result of something sent to you by WWE through your job?

Ever hit a mate with a random wrestling move and is there a story behind it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Home and Away or Neighbours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Oasis or Blur?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

As I asked last time: Fight club - If you could fight anyone, who would you fight?

How does someone get your job?

If you could play a manager type role with any wrestler who would that be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Your most embarrassing moment as a fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Denny M wrote: »
    5 favourite wrestlers, both current and of all time?

In no particular order:

Bret Hart
    Shawn Michaels
    Stone Cold
    Eddie Guerrero
    Macho Man

What's your favourite entrance theme of all time?

Gonna go with Stone Cold - as nothing eliced's (sp?) such a pop as the iconic glass shattering!
    Was james_bond taken or is your name graham?

The name is indeed Graham
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    What got you into Pro Wrestling in the first place?

The Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Stone cold Triangle around 96/97 - just amazing story telling and with the various factions (not austin obviously) there was so many different variation that could happen - just must watch tv at the time for me!
    What keeps you interested in it?

Honestly? I don't know -I just find it fun, it still entertains me and let's be honest, that's all that matters!
    How did you come across the PW forum on Boards?

I was friends with Orestes outside of boards and was supposed to look at a thread he started in Stand up forum and accidentily went to his boards profile and saw "currently viewing pro wrestling"

Then I popped in and once it calmed down (it was a sh!t storm back then) I became (well I would like to see myself as) a regular - and never looked back!
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?

By far the most laid back and non hostile forum on boards - everyone here is bang on, no real sniping, you don't have to worry about what you say - just an all round good atmosphere!
    What other big interest do you have outside of Pro Wrestling?

Massive music fan - I like everything from Pe'er Gynt to Metallica, and am always looking for the bestsound quality eyc - but of an obsession but I just love music!

That and stand up comedy - I did comedy for years but quit when the Irish scene started making me dislike comedy as a whole! Still dip my toe in the water by going to gigs (both famous and irish scene) and this year marks the 4th year I have run the boards xmas comedy gig for the SSF [BANG! BANG!]
    What wrestler/story/moment do you feel had the greatest impact on you as a fan?

Easily the screwjob - everything just felt like properly must see tv - no one knew wtf was going on, the conversations were all about it - it launched the attitude era and the monday night wars got stronger - it was back when wrestling was cool!
    glenjamin wrote: »
    Who's your favourite Power Ranger?

Always liked tommy - Green/White ranger with a face turn that The Rock would have been proud of!
    DM-ICE wrote: »
    What is your favourite sporting moment?

Man Utd winning the treble in 99 - was unreal, especially when it could have gone from 3 to 0 if 30 seconds of football had gone differently (we only beat Arsenal in the league by 1 point, Arsenal fa cup semi final could have gone either way and we all know about the bayern munich CL Final)
    Ever marked out as a result of something sent to you by WWE through your job?

Actually probably the belt for the boards gig - totally unexpected, just blew my mind how generous they were!

Well that.....and the email with all the details of the Wrestlemania 28 Trip!
    Ever hit a mate with a random wrestling move and is there a story behind it?

When we were kids I was sitting on a wall on my road with a mate of mine talking to these girls (trying to be cool.....failing but damnit we tried). My mate pushed me off the wall (it was only 3 foot dont worry) so I chased him to the green and planted him with a DDT!!

Good times! :D
    Charisteas wrote: »
    Home and Away or Neighbours?

Home and Away all the way! Even if it is one of the sh!ttest shows in existance and I hate everyone on it - I used to religiously watch the damn thing!

Don't lie - you are all singing the theme song now!!
    Oasis or Blur?

Blur - Never liked the hype surrounding Oasis - One brilliant album does not "legends" make!
    As I asked last time: Fight club - If you could fight anyone, who would you fight?

I'd love to put my fist through Chris Browns face - Woman Beating Scumbag
    How does someone get your job?

Do a business and management degree for 4 years, Apply for every f*cking job going, then do an amazing presentation to make it seem like you know exactly what you are talking about (when you don't) and be confident.

As for the WWE side of things, you wait for one of your collegues to f*ck up with them (called superstars "characters") then step in on a phone call showing your WWE knowledge, and have everything up to date (john cenas colours etc) - let them see you are a fan and treat the "brand" with respect and you will be the head of everything WWE related!
    If you could play a manager type role with any wrestler who would that be?

I would love to be the Bobby Heenan Role for Ziggler - all he needs is a proper mouth piece (Vickie wasn't doing it for him!) and someone to build him like the (literal) superstar that he is - fire a rocket under his ass and watch him make money! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If you could meet anyone alive or dead who would it be?

Liam O wrote: »
    If you could meet anyone alive or dead who would it be?

Would have to be Elvis Prelsey, The man was an absolute hero! Incredible performer with the voice that melted a million hearts!

He IS the King!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

If vince Mc called you to be a superstar what would your gimmick be and who would you feud against first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I'm new here..

What exactly is your job and what do you do for WWE?

If vince Mc called you to be a superstar what would your gimmick be and who would you feud against first?

The wise ass who takes no sh!t off anyone - Heel or face I would rip the piss out of everyone.

First feud - Damien Sandow - the 2 gimmicks would just work off each other I htink!
    I'm new here..

What exactly is your job and what do you do for WWE?

Welcome to PW boards!! :D

I work in marketing for a mobile services company (we shell sh!t to mobiles)

As part of this we have the exclusive contract with WWE to promote and sell WWE content (videos, wallpapers, ringtones, voicetones) in Ireland, UK and Spain! I run all of this as well as the sole admin of the WWE Mobile UK & Ireland Facebook Page!

I am the first point of contact with everything WWE related - selling content, promoting it, running competitions, promoting WWE ppv's , fan facebook interaction - that's all me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If you could have a tag team with any currently active wrestler, who would it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

whats your favorite finisher?

Denny M wrote: »
    If you could have a tag team with any currently active wrestler, who would it be?

hmmmm probably Danny Bryan - as theres no one more over with the exception of the 10 year strong fruity pebble! :p
    whats your favorite finisher?

gotta be the stunner - can come out of no where and like his entrance - results in a massive pop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

What was the last thing to make you laugh?

What did you have for breakfast?

What five items would you bring toa desert island with you?

What is the most important thing in life?

Tell us your funniest drunken story.

• Advertisement

What was the last thing to make you laugh?

My Girlfriend - stumbelling over her words and covering it up bny doing an impression of the count from seasame st (7 eh eh eh)

....f*ck you I found it funny :pac:
    What did you have for breakfast?

I technically don't have breakfast - I am doing intermittant fasting so I do not eat before 11am!

So technically - A mug of coffee!
    What five items would you bring toa desert island with you?

A 120g ipod
    A solar powered infinite battery supply
    A Hammock
    A television
    A plane to get off the f*cking island
    What is the most important thing in life?

Family and friends - Both impossible to live without!

Tell us your funniest drunken story.

This one is going to involve a bit of thinking - I'll come back to it later!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Whats your favourite Disney film?

If you could give one mid to lower carder a huge push in the WWE who would it be and why?

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Whats your favourite Disney film?

Probably Aladdin - Brilliant songs, Awesome monkey, and it has Robin Williams AND Gilbert Godfried!!
    MrKingsley wrote: »
    If you could give one mid to lower carder a huge push in the WWE who would it be and why?

hmmmm good question - for me it would be Tyson Kidd! Great worker, unreal technician - high flyer - if they can do it with Rey Mysterio - They can do it with Tyson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Tayto or Hunky Dory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What debut/run has disappointed the most after hearing so much about them or seeing promos?
    Like I said when asking Pete this question, Preferably not one of the WCW/ECW guys in the Invasion since they were pretty much fubar in comparison to what they were in their previous companies.

What WWE star do you think doesn't deserve the push they're getting and who do you think has a poor gimmick?

Since you mentioned it, how would you push Tyson Kidd?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Tayto or Hunky Dory?

Hunky Dorey every day of the week!!
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    What debut/run has disappointed the most after hearing so much about them or seeing promos?
    Like I said when asking Pete this question, Preferably not one of the WCW/ECW guys in the Invasion since they were pretty much fubar in comparison to what they were in their previous companies.

Honestly? Sin Cara! Such high promise and so much lauded about him for such a let down/botch fest! Getting better with Rey now so hopefully he can move on from here!

And other run - Nexus - started brilliantly - squashed by cena, Never to return to what they once were!
    What WWE star do you think doesn't deserve the push they're getting and who do you think has a poor gimmick?

Not that it is a push per say but Khali should NOT be in 3MB - he sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't have ANY of the charisma of the other 2!
    Since you mentioned it, how would you push Tyson Kidd?

I'll have to come back to this one later too! - some time to think is needed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

How many different countries have you been to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭cena

do the wwe pay or is the company you work with

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not that it is a push per say but Khali should NOT be in 3MB - he sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't have ANY of the charisma of the other 2!

Just confirming, you mean Jinder Mahal? Though he is Khali's brother in law, or something.

Charisteas wrote: »
    How many different countries have you been to?

Let me think - erm....
    USA
    South America
    France
    Spain
    Portugal
    UK
    Poland
    Norway

so thats 8 not including this beautiful country of ours
    cena wrote: »
    do the wwe pay or is the company you work with

I's the company I work with - we have the contract with WWE

ITV's for sure because
    Rowdy Roddy Piper >>> Hulk Hogan every day of the week!
    Just confirming, you mean Jinder Mahal? Though he is Khali's brother in law, or something.

sorry yeah I do - Shows how much I care about the useless waste of space (and I am referring to both of them there)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How many wwe dvds do you own? Favourite main event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Horsemen or the Smackdown Six?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Cheese and Onion or Salt and Vinegar? Favourite TV show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Are you noticing benefits from intermittent fasting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Favourite Batman - Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale or West?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What in the blue hell is intermittent fasting?

Any plans for the future?

Masterchef or master mind?

Are you from dublin? You don't have a dublin vibe off youif you do.

And i suppose these are my default questions now:

Ever meet a big name wrestler, if so what was the best/funniest encounter?

You're having a meal, you ask for coke but they say they only have pepsi, what do you do?

The world is ending in a week, what do you do for the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Your ultimate karaoke song and/or song you burst into when drunk?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    How many wwe dvds do you own? Favourite main event?

Not many actually (comparitively speaking) about 6 in total!

Mian event? from a ppv? Austin vs Rock WM 15!
    Horsemen or the Smackdown Six?

Horsemen definitely!
    Cheese and Onion or Salt and Vinegar?
    Cheese and onion
    Favourite TV show?

Dexter or Frasier!
    Are you noticing benefits from intermittent fasting?

Yes actually - 3 weeks in and 6 lbs down and 2% body fat gone!
    Favourite Batman - Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale or West?

I loved the new ones so I am gonna say Bale! But for me the real batman is and always will be Kevin Conroy (animated Series)

And in the same light I think Mark Hamill is the best Joker there has ever been (yes including heath!)
    CMpunked wrote: »
    What in the blue hell is intermittent fasting?

Basically schedualed eating - I am doing 16/8 which means I fast for 16 hours then I have an 8 hour Eating window in which I have my three solid meals! Body works on all the food at once - has a better way of dealing with it and recovers better in the 16 hours! so my day is like this

6:30 get up
    6:45 cup of black coffee
    8:30 in work
    11 am - first meal of the day
    1pm - lunch
    5/6pm - dinner
    7pm - fast

I actually find it quite easty tbh - I have lost the weight above with f*ck all exercise so once I get on that It will definitely be of advantage!
    Any plans for the future?

None immediately - Basically take every day as it comes, enjoy life one step at a time!
    Masterchef or master mind?

Mastermind - if for nothing else it reminds me of the 2 ronnies sketch - which is comedic perfection!
    Are you from dublin? You don't have a dublin vibe off you if you do.

I am yeah - Born and bred - I am from D4North (aka Malahide) so that may be why the Dub vibe isn't quite there!
    Ever meet a big name wrestler, if so what was the best/funniest encounter?

Met quite a few actually working in the point - the 2 stories i tell people are:

- Chris Benoit holding the door open for me, thought to myself "he's a nice fella" .....how wrong I was

- Seeing undertaker in the green room drinking a can of coke (making it look like one of those mini fun size cans), said hi to us - and then the 6ft 72 brick sh!t house of a collegue who I was showing around getting utterly star struck - I mean like a giddy one direction fan - was brilliant!

You're having a meal, you ask for coke but they say they only have pepsi, what do you do?

Ask for Diet pepsi - they don't have that - Water! (Full pepsi is MUCK)
    The world is ending in a week, what do you do for the week?

Run around singing afro cirus at everyone - all while having the mother of all benders (nothing off limits - lets wreck the place style)
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Your ultimate karaoke song and/or song you burst into when drunk?

Afro Circus :p

Or most 80's power ballads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Frasier and Kevin Conroy wow i'm impressed.
    What cartoons did you watch as a kid He-Man, Thundercats, Turtles, Batman, TinTin, X-men or Spiderman perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

what do you enjoy to do on your time off from work / holidays, nothing wrestling related

Frasier and Kevin Conroy wow i'm impressed.

Why thank you! :D
    What cartoons did you watch as a kid He-Man, Thundercats, Turtles, Batman, TinTin, X-men or Spiderman perhaps?

Alot of those ones alright - not thundercats though, and tin tin I only watched now and again!

I was obsessed with Johnny Bravo - I still am actually the guy was such a legend and still is proper laugh out loud tv!
    montyrebel wrote: »
    what do you enjoy to do on your time off from work / holidays, nothing wrestling related

I love going to the cinema, Great way to relax and the cineworld unlimited card is brilliant! Will be taking up tag rugby soon so that should be fun! That and going to gigs and socialising! (I'm popular me!! ;) :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Favourite dinner? Favourite hard & soft drink?

Favourite regular and going-out clothes?

Any tattoos? If not would you consider getting any?

Do you have any posters/artwork around your place?

Favourite dinner? Favourite hard & soft drink?

Dinner - Steak - Cooked Rare (mediaum rare at a push)
    Hard Drink - JD
    Beer - Carslberg
    Soft Drink - Diet Coke (that's right I said diet!!)
    Favourite regular and going-out clothes?

Regular clothes - My pulp fiction or beavis and butthead tshirt and jeans

Going out clothes - same with a shirt :pac:
    Any tattoos? If not would you consider getting any?

none as of yet! I have nothing against them but I find getting tattoos for the sake of them f*cking stupid! If they have some sort of meaning then I am all for it! Haven't thought of any real reason to get one tbh! But never say never!
    Do you have any posters/artwork around your place?

I have some class pulp fiction things - actual stills taken from the set (the ones they make into posters - i have the official production pictures) and i have bits of the actual film too, oh and a signed picture of Travolta and Jackson! - they are class!

Ohh and a signed plaque of bret hart that i got from Wrestling mania! looks slick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

none as of yet! I have nothing against them but I find getting tattoos for the sake of them f*cking stupid! If they have some sort of meaning then I am all for it! Haven't thought of any real reason to get one tbh! But never say never!

Wouldnt get the hitman logo done somewhere?
    I have some class pulp fiction things - actual stills taken from the set (the ones they make into posters - i have the official production pictures) and i have bits of the actual film too, oh and a signed picture of Travolta and Jackson! - they are class!

I'm uber jealous. Fancy sticking up some pics of the stills?

Wouldnt get the hitman logo done somewhere?

I would be quite tempted - however I would have to seriously think about it, one of those things you don'twant to regret in later life!

I'm uber jealous. Fancy sticking up some pics of the stills?

Yeah I will do it when I get home alright! :)

Advertisement