UPC Multiroom Box? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-10-2012, 19:56   #1
starviewadams

UPC Multiroom Box?

Hi,

Just wondering would anyone what non-digital+ box UPC give out for multiroom use?

The non-digital+ box is €5 pm according to their site compared to €8.87 for the digital+ box.

Only need this new box for the bedroom so not arsed paying extra for the + box,but if they're still giving out those terribly slow little ex-ntl Pace boxes for multiroom then we'll order the digital+box.

Thanks!
Advertisement
03-10-2012, 20:00   #2
0ph0rce0

Quote:
Originally Posted by starviewadams View Post
Hi,

Just wondering would anyone what non-digital+ box UPC give out for multiroom use?

The non-digital+ box is €5 pm according to their site compared to €8.87 for the digital+ box.

Only need this new box for the bedroom so not arsed paying extra for the + box,but if they're still giving out those terribly slow little ex-ntl Pace boxes for multiroom then we'll order the digital+box.

Thanks!
€5 job will be one of those really small pace NTL rebranded box, Not worth a sh*te TBH.

Better paying the extra €3 or whatever to get a decent box.

A lot of the digital + boxes are those crap rebranded NTL one too, had many replaced. Just ask the engineer when he arrives to put in a black box or you dont want it, you'll get the cisco HD box, without the HD obviously, Or the Black Thompson Box, Which work fine.

Last edited by 0ph0rce0; 03-10-2012 at 20:04.
Thanks from:
03-10-2012, 20:22   #3
starviewadams

We got our original box delivered to us by courier last year and will be doing the same with the multiroom one,so no way of asking for a specific type of box.

Will order the digital+box to avoid the ex-ntl pace box though,thanks!
04-10-2012, 12:43   #4
coylemj

What's wrong with the silver Pace box? I have it in the bedroom and it works just fine, does what it says on the tin and doesn't take up much space. In fact it sits under the TV stand so takes up no space at all.
04-10-2012, 15:52   #5
starviewadams

Had one before a few years back and absolutely hated the thing,was so slow and was always turning itself off at the most inopportune times to update itself for hours on end!
Advertisement
07-10-2012, 22:16   #6
icdg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ph0rce0 View Post
€5 job will be one of those really small pace NTL rebranded box,
Not necessarily, when I got multi room I got UPC boxes, and HD ones at that (even though I don't take HD).

I don't think they are giving out the NTL and Chorus boxes any more. I would be surprised if they are doing it since On Demand (which only works on UPC boxes), since they are doing themselves out of potential revenue by doing so.
08-10-2012, 17:56   #7
maxg

@icdg

Which boxes did you get as multiroom boxes?
There should be a sticker at the underside of the boxes with the exact model name.
08-10-2012, 21:03   #8
icdg

Pace DCR7111/05, UPC Mediabox HD.
09-10-2012, 16:03   #9
starviewadams

They sent us out the Cisco HD+ box today even though we didn't order HD.

Very impressed with it,seems much more responsive then the Thomson+ box we have downstairs.
Advertisement
21-10-2012, 16:25   #10
cactus mac88

How long did it take for the box to be delivered?
22-10-2012, 01:24   #11
starviewadams

Ordered it on a Thursday afternoon and it was delivered by the courier on Tuesday morning.
Thanks from:
05-05-2013, 00:44   #12
ker123

UPC multiroom

I am getting UPC installed by a technician next week. I am getting multiroom and this will be located up high on the dining room wall. There is a tv point already installed. I'm wondering can the hd box be installed in a different location (under stairs where all cables and ran to) and be controlled from there with a 'magic eye' so I do not have to install a shelf beside tv. My while idea is to have a flat screen tv wall mounted with no cables or box visible. If this is possible do I have to supply this generic magic eye to the technician upon installation

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion