Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Renegades - Kickstarter

Options
  • 30-09-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

Star Trek: Renegades

It has been seven long years since Enterprise left the air, and though we’ve had the recent big screen adaptation of Gene Roddenberry’s futuristic vision (and the sequel coming next year), we feel the true home of Star Trek is as a continuing episodic series. The goal of this project is to make that happen.

We, the team who brought you Star Trek: Of Gods and Men, are proud to announce Star Trek: Renegades, a professionally produced pilot intended for presentation to CBS as a possible online series.

This film will be funded by the generous donations of fans from around the world. All monies will go directly to the costs of making this high quality broadcast pilot. It is our hope that CBS finds "Star Trek: Renegades" to be a worthy endeavor and will continue the Star Trek franchise and legacy as an online episodic series (or on their own broadcast or cable network).

Should CBS pass on Star Trek: Renegades, we will explore all avenues to release the film on a strictly non-profit basis. If we are successful, we would like to produce future episodes via donations and release them, also as non-profit, since we have a five year story arc planned.

They're only a day in and already at 25% of their $200,000 target.

It's from the same guys who did Of Gods and Men which wasn't really the pinnacle of, well, anything and was quite painful to watch in parts as well. Hopefully it was just a test run to see what could be done.

It's also a shame that their plan is to pursue a television network produced show as it's my firm belief that Sci-Fi should be breaking new ground in online distribution and Star Trek, or something like it, would be the ideal candidate to do so.

I'm interested to see how this turns out and really hope the team succeed but I have my reservations based on their previous work.

Advertisement