Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More "evidence" of property prices going up?

Options
  • 28-09-2012 2:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

A DNG survey would seem to indicate that Dublin house prices have reached the bottom, and are in fact on the way up.

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/dublin-house-prices-record-first-quarterly-increase-in-six-years-report-3243433.html

Many posters (I could name them already) will doubtless dissmiss this as propaganda or delusional nonsense, but it does come on the back of other positive news for the housing market, namely a CSO survey which shows which shows the biggest house price increase in 5 years.

Already in parts of the country there is strong evidence of a shortage of certain types of housing beginning to emerge.

Any thoughts? Have we reached the bottom? or is this just "propaganda"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

there is two huge threads on the subject in the accomadation forum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

DUBLIN house prices enjoyed their first quarterly increase in six years, estate agent DNG said today.

I think listening to estate agents opinions on this is a good idea. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

davet82 wrote: »

that forum is full of bears!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

House prices going up is only good for the people that over paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Except me, I think I'm banned from that forum.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

all depends on ability to pay. in 2011 budget deficit was 25%. The only way to reduce it is higher taxes and lower salaries in PS. What ever government is saying PS salaries will be reduced. So, who will buy houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

id buy in now if i was looking and had the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

And when nama finally release all their houses will prices keep rising ?
    And when the banks start taking back all the houses and trying to sell them off will the prices keep rising ?
    Dont be a feckin eejit and stay away from that mortgage for a while yet.

charlemont wrote: »
    Except me, I think I'm banned from that forum.;)

u naughty boy!:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Any thoughts?

I hope they aren't on the way up. The prices are still kind of excessive and I recon pushing them back up again is only gonna create more problems in the long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,157 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You mean you are called up on the bull you are pedalling over there, so now you have decided to start pedalling it here.

As has been pointed out to you over on Accomodation and Property you disappear everytime one of these latest predictions are shown to be bullsh**.

How many properties are you running out to buy this time ?

You have continously refused to answer my points on that forum so I guess you will do the same here.

BTW how is business these days down the estate agents. :rolleyes:

EDIT: just noticed you are banned over there so I guess you have to spoof somewhere.
    Pity the readers in this forum are now stcuk with you.

cloptrop wrote: »
    And when the banks start taking back all the houses and trying to sell them off will the prices keep rising ?

yes but what about folk that may not require a mortgage?
    surely it's a good time to buy?
    especially if you're gonna rent it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I'm taking a trip to the Accomodation and Property forum. Will I need pepper spray?

I'm taking a trip to the Accomodation and Property forum. Will I need pepper spray?

no but just try not to be positive. it's best to assume the disposition of a shrewd renter who has forked out over €100k on dead money. They'll love ya!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

yes but what about folk that may not require a mortgage?
    surely it's a good time to buy?
    especially if you're gonna rent it out.
    I take it you either work in house sellin or have houses to sell . Wheres your conscience trying to ruin peoples lives with mortgages just to make a few crumbs for yourself. When all the nama houses go out you will find it very hard to even rent out your house.

NAMA's Brendan McDonagh says there's a shortage of family homes. It was on the 1 O'clock news earlier.
    More propaganda?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭rockclover1

there are too many speculators on property,the property boom is what got us in trouble the last time,it would be stupid to speculate on increases again..

the recession is still here,unemployment is high,there has been an increase for demand in social housing.

that alone means people cannot buy.and its harder to get loans,it would be foolish of propetiers to increase their house prices,unless they want to price themselves out of the recession market..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

for every one billion in public sector cuts, it translates to 750 million taken out of the domestic economy so i'm sure there will be plenty of money going around for people to buy property with, dont mind the over supply we still have with more to follow as they get released from nama, emigration and unemployment on the rise ect...

property price register will force prices down (as EA cant lie as much as they use to) and as will the suckers who are snapping up now to avail of mortgage relief will be gone next year...

dont mind the fact 40% of mortgage applications are being refused by banks for people who do want to buy!

no property prices have still a bit to go imo

there is being positive and then there is being foolish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

davet82 wrote: »

Yes but the OP, who started one of those threads, just got banned from the Accommodation and Property forum. He has to find somewhere to talk up the property market! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

no but just try not to be positive. it's best to assume the disposition of a shrewd renter who has forked out over €100k on dead money. They'll love ya!:D

Dead money ? Over here in Sweden everyone rents. They must all be idiots :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,157 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

jaykay74 wrote: »

Ah but shure everyone but goodietwohouses is an idiot.

jaykay74 wrote: »

Yes Scandie countries have a mature, well developed, well regulated rental market unlike here. There would also be huge cultural & historic reasons for this.

Try comparing the German or French health system with ours, and I think you'll find there are vast differences also. But that's another topic .....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Anecdotally speaking a lot more properties are now selling (I know of 3 in the last 6 months that had been sitting unsold for more than 3 years), but that doesn't mean prices are going up. They might be selling, but they're still selling under asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

A DNG survey would seem to indicate that Dublin house prices have reached the bottom, and are in fact on the way up.

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/dublin-house-prices-record-first-quarterly-increase-in-six-years-report-3243433.html

Many posters (I could name them already) will doubtless dissmiss this as propaganda or delusional nonsense, but it does come on the back of other positive news for the housing market, namely a CSO survey which shows which shows the biggest house price increase in 5 years.

Already in parts of the country there is strong evidence of a shortage of certain types of housing beginning to emerge.

Any thoughts? Have we reached the bottom? or is this just "propaganda"?

the budget will sort that out - after the budget you will be able to purchase a house for 99.99 Euro. However most people will not be able to afford 99.99 Euro after the budget. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

This is propaganda or delusional nonsense.

seamus wrote: »
    Anecdotally speaking a lot more properties are now selling (I know of 3 in the last 6 months that had been sitting unsold for more than 3 years), but that doesn't mean prices are going up. They might be selling, but they're still selling under asking.

be careful there Seamus, you're dangerously close to positivity there!

i too have been keeping an eye on a number of units, and have noticed they are selling. the right property in the right location will sell. for the right price.

the budget will sort that out - after the budget you will be able to purchase a house for 99.99 Euro. However most people will not be able to afford 99.99 Euro after the budget. :p

sorry but this is the sort of nonsense that mitigates against a proper debate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Jumpaddict

NAMA's Brendan McDonagh says there's a shortage of family homes. It was on the 1 O'clock news earlier.
    More propaganda?

Nail--->Head

You answered your own question;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's a great pity if anyone needs a mortgage to buy one of these cheap properties, because all the lenders seem to be walking round with their empty trouser pockets turned out, as if they're doing a drunken party-piece elephant impersonation without the trunk.

• Advertisement

Jumpaddict wrote: »
    Nail--->Head

You answered your own question;)

i was being rhetorical, but you obviously didn't get that.:o

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0928/tenants-secured-for-4-000-empty-apartments-nama-business.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement