Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A pint on the train

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

corktina wrote: »
    it's just the same as the Wine situation...you can have fine French wines that you savour or a Lidl 3 litre wine box. As with beer, the Irish go for quantity over quality.

Aint necessarily so.
    Tar + Brush much?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CaptainFreedom

I'd give anything a fair go, but the RPSI ale, yuck.

Still sells well, although Im told it only really makes an appearance when there are plenty of Brits onboard

• Registered Users Posts: 21 The Stroller

I remember Network Catering sold Murphy's on draught for a short time during the mid 90's.

The MK 2 buffet cars on the Sligo and Rosslare had taps fitted in the bar area in place of some shelves. The kegs were also smaller than the standard pub keg.

From what I recall it wasn't very popular and only lasted about six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Still sells well, although Im told it only really makes an appearance when there are plenty of Brits onboard

Indeed it is usually available on the 3 day tour, they go through about 4 or 5 kegs of the stuff over the weekend.

Indeed it is usually available on the 3 day tour, they go through about 4 or 5 kegs of the stuff over the weekend.

vs how many kegs of Guinness/Heineken?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭The Idyll Race

I remember Network Catering sold Murphy's on draught for a short time during the mid 90's.

The MK 2 buffet cars on the Sligo and Rosslare had taps fitted in the bar area in place of some shelves. The kegs were also smaller than the standard pub keg.

From what I recall it wasn't very popular and only lasted about six months.

Think I can trace the source of the problem there..
    Murphy's

Jesus, not the feckin' Heino.. :rolleyes:

Jesus, not the feckin' Heino.. :rolleyes:

I'd rather drink toilet water, but would be interested in the ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Maybe 3 or 4 but the real ale kegs are much smaller than the Guinness kegs.

I'd rather drink toilet water, but would be interested in the ratio.

Never trust a beer that is the same colour going out as going in! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Never trust a beer that is the same colour going out as going in! :D

that would be Guinness then or did you never have the black "solid waste matter" from that stuff?

Too much detail.

Too much detail.

Not as much as I could have given! You want a Video maybe?:D

No, you're alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The MK 2 buffet cars on the Sligo and Rosslare
    ah yes, the good old days of a dining car and a bar, we've taken a huge step backwards with the new trains. no wonder people are happy with (a bus with a jacks) they have no standards at all.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

All Dublin trains serve bottled ales from Fullers, Shepherd's Neame and Harviston's to name a few. The beer range expands for the tours and on a few occasions both Porterhouse and Maguire's have supplied cask beers as well.

All Dublin trains serve bottled ales from Fullers, Shepherd's Neame and Harviston's to name a few. The beer range expands for the tours and on a few occasions both Porterhouse and Maguire's have supplied cask beers as well.

Really, then I'm now staunchly anti Coach and Pro-rail.... see you on board (tell me it's London Pride...please....)

damn you mean RPSI traions don't you.....damn damn damn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Really, then I'm now staunchly anti Coach and Pro-rail.... see you on board (tell me it's London Pride...please....)

Yep, in big shiny brown bottles with noble red labling :)

damn you mean RPSI traions don't you.....damn damn damn

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

We have a minority of idiots who don't stop at 1 pint and make life insufferable for fellow passengers..
    I used to be 1 of them suffering passengers when I used to travel on the Waterford train with drunken idiots boarding at Kilkenny, never mind the stags with too many pints, the women where the worse, screaming women with too much vodka.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

i have no problem with the service irish rail provide except the catering, and its always been the same, over priced and borderline extortion

• Advertisement

i have no problem with the service irish rail provide except the catering, and its always been the same, over priced and borderline extortion

Irish Rail no longer do the catering, it's Rail Gourmet. Not that they're any better.

Plus, it's a captive audience a la a short hop airline, what do you expect?

Advertisement