Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating.

Options
  • 20-08-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Looking for some advice on repeating subjects;
    This year I did,

Maths (o)-A
    Biology(h)-B
    Irish(o)-B
    Spanish(o)-B
    Chemistry(h)- C
    Physics(h)-D
    English(h)-C

Next year, I figure I'll do maths, Bio, Physchem(or physcis and chemistry?) and Ag science..
    Needing two more, if not one, atleast.
    Any help/opinions appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Timbo6 wrote: »
    Looking for some advice on repeating subjects;
    This year I did,

Maths (o)-A
    Biology(h)-B
    Irish(o)-B
    Spanish(o)-B
    Chemistry(h)- C
    Physics(h)-D
    English(h)-C

Next year, I figure I'll do maths, Bio, Physchem(or physcis and chemistry?) and Ag science..
    Needing two more, if not one, atleast.
    Any help/opinions appreciated!

what course do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Timbo6

Ideally 580(now), didn't do a tap last year.
    But really 480 is a happy second choice..

Ideally 580(now), didn't do a tap last year.
    But really 480 is a happy second choice..

if your going for 580 drop the 3ol subjects and take up 2 new ones.

That's the intention, figured i'll do agscience. Don't know if i'm better of bringing one the ordinary up in a year or start from scratch with one?

That's the intention, figured i'll do agscience. Don't know if i'm better of bringing one the ordinary up in a year or start from scratch with one?

i wouldnt bother bringing up spanish maths or irish it take too much effort imo. It be easier to take up business or geography along with ag science.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Biology physics chemistry ag science economics and geography/accounting maybe?

i forgot to say english may be dodgy thats from experience from repeating. Got a C last year got a C this year. I dont think c's can go to a's in english but thats only my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

Paper 1 & 2 will both be project maths for the 2013 leaving cert so you are going to have to learn the new project maths paper 1 stuff. Are you going to do higher or ordinary level?

For ag. science there is a project component to the course which requires some type of field trip I think. Your going to have to do the project aswell as the actual course in a year. I've heard that there is a bit of overlap between ag. science and biology, however I am unsure to what extent, it should make things a bit easier though.

Have you thought about doing applied maths? It wouldn't be too much hassle to get that done in a year.

Sunny!! wrote: »
    i forgot to say english may be dodgy thats from experience from repeating. Got a C last year got a C this year. I dont think c's can go to a's in english but thats only my opinion.

Yeah, I would've figured the same. Think i'll leave that. although I have all my comparitive books done, English is incredibly unreliable for points.
    Thankyou

Neodymium wrote: »
    Paper 1 & 2 will both be project maths for the 2013 leaving cert so you are going to have to learn the new project maths paper 1 stuff. Are you going to do higher or ordinary level?

For ag. science there is a project component to the course which requires some type of field trip I think. Your going to have to do the project aswell as the actual course in a year. I've heard that there is a bit of overlap between ag. science and biology, however I am unsure to what extent, it should make things a bit easier though.

Have you thought about doing applied maths? It wouldn't be too much hassle to get that done in a year.

Fortunately last year, the project math gear was my favourite of maths. Dropped Honours on the day, well unprepared.
    I intend doing honours, people without the 25points can kiss the higher end courses goodbye.
    Hopefully ag would be alright, would have a teacher to help me through project and the toughbits.

Applied maths, thought about it. Never loved physcis or the traditional maths course so i'd stay clear of it myself.

Thanks for your thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 BeckyW245

do you have to do mocks if you're repeating?

BeckyW245 wrote: »
    do you have to do mocks if you're repeating?

Never had to do them, but you'd be a bit mad not to.

Advertisement