Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-08-2012, 23:23   #16
Bearcat
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preset No.3 View Post
The older 330's had the 'shed' in the middle of the cabin for crew rest.
Aka the horse box......a ridiculous contraption.

Cant see AL going west coast for the foreseeable future until there is transparency re future ownership.
Advertisement
20-08-2012, 00:49   #17
PattheMetaller

I was on a BA 777-400 (?) Heathrow to JFK in March. I was seated in the very back row double seat on the left of the airplane. Just to my right there was a door with steps inside that every so often cabin crew would dissapear up. I presumed it was a rest area. No announcement was made
20-08-2012, 05:42   #18
Skuxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattheMetaller View Post
I was on a BA 777-400 (?) Heathrow to JFK in March. I was seated in the very back row double seat on the left of the airplane. Just to my right there was a door with steps inside that every so often cabin crew would dissapear up. I presumed it was a rest area. No announcement was made
Yeah I was on a BA 777 about 3 weeks ago LHR to PHL and they had something similar, there was no announcement or anything, the crew were always there of needed!!
Must have been a -300er you were on, I've never heard of a 777-400, and BA defo don't have any!!
Thanks from:
20-08-2012, 06:03   #19
Skuxx

Quote:

As for crew rest in the hold on the west coast routes, what movie are watching and getting that evidence from? The older 330's had the 'shed' in the middle of the cabin for crew rest.
It is possible to get the A330/340 with a mobile crew rest area that can be loaded into the aft cargo!! I'm fairly sure Air France and Lufthansa have them....not sure about EI when flying to the west coast but it's certainly not just something from the movies!!
Thanks from:
20-08-2012, 09:34   #20
urajoke
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1990 View Post
It is possible to get the A330/340 with a mobile crew rest area that can be loaded into the aft cargo!! I'm fairly sure Air France and Lufthansa have them....not sure about EI when flying to the west coast but it's certainly not just something from the movies!!
Probably is but Aerlingus defiantly didnt have it or want it, there was huge issues around crew rest on the west coast flights, spend a few minutes doing a google search and you should find something.

OP they are employees not slaves and your tone certainly gives the impression that you begrudge them a break. 8 of them didn't go on a break at the same time.

I have to agree with the poster that said that posters here on A&A seem to be more on the line of Daily Mail jorno types. It's starting to make it a pain to read this forum.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-08-2012, 10:48   #21
Skuxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajoke View Post
Probably is but Aerlingus defiantly didnt have it or want it, there was huge issues around crew rest on the west coast flights, spend a few minutes doing a google search and you should find something.

OP they are employees not slaves and your tone certainly gives the impression that you begrudge them a break. 8 of them didn't go on a break at the same time.

I have to agree with the poster that said that posters here on A&A seem to be more on the line of Daily Mail jorno types. It's starting to make it a pain to read this forum.
From another forum....
Quote:
I work for EI. On our flights from DUB/SNN to JFK/BOS/ORD/IAD/MCO there are no crew rest areas provided, so the crew take their breaks in the aft galley. On our LAX/SFO flights we have two different rest areas. EI-DUO has a crew rest area below the cabin at Door 3. On the rest of the A332s we have a rest area in the cabin at Door 3 in what we call the Wendy House. There are bunks in each of those rest areas.
Thanks from:
20-08-2012, 11:10   #22
Tenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattheMetaller View Post
I was on a BA 777-400.....I was seated in the very back row....Just to my right there was a door with steps inside that every so often cabin crew would dissapear up. I presumed it was a rest area. No announcement was made
I presume as it was a private area there was no need to make an announcement. Having been on a few of the EI A330's, I think there is only a small curtain to close off the back galley area. So the announcement was made to point passengers towards the on duty crew i they needed anything?
20-08-2012, 15:40   #23
kona

Quote:

As for crew rest in the hold on the west coast routes, what movie are watching and getting that evidence from? The older 330's had the 'shed' in the middle of the cabin for crew rest.
Its sitting in the hanger in shannon.
(2) thanks from:
22-08-2012, 15:40   #24
Stimpyone

I would guess that the crew were having their break in the rear galley with the curtains drawn. Some passengers take this as an invitation to snoop.

Many times I've seen passengers pull back the curtains and just stare at the crew, which promptly shoo the passenger out of the galley. I would reckon that after a few passengers were shooed the announcement was made.

As I've said I've seen it happen loads of times.

Case closed Scooby..
Advertisement
23-08-2012, 22:36   #25
cruais

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfiremuck View Post
What gives!!!!! on a flight to the USA recently after the meal an announcement that passengers cannot go to rear of aircraft as its Crew rest area. Quickly the 8 hostesses disappeared as if by magic. No one came around for quite a while...it was help yourself. The laugh of it all is that they only came on duty 3 hrs previously. Never seen it on another plane. Did i miss something here?
Op, are you currently in employment? If so, would you work the guts of a twelve hour day without taking a break? "what gives!!!" I hardly think so.

No matter what job a person is employed in, hey are entitled to a break.

Stop being a troll.
(3) thanks from:
24-08-2012, 06:46   #26
castie
Hosted Moderator

HMod: BAPS
A380 Singapore airlines has a section in the middle of the lower deck.
Door opens and theres a stairs down.

Must of been 10-12 of them go down there at one point!
Seemed a bit like a clown car.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion