So, I had to get a back lower tooth out, it was broken and decayed, so I decided it was time for it to go.
I tried to contactmy own regular dentist but after attempts to call him, I came to the conclusion he ceased to trade/practice.
So, i went to the new one local to me......and booked my self in for an extraction and was told it'd be €90 over the phone........fine says I, and felt safe in the knowledge that they were very busy and booked out but would squeez me in in approx 2 days......*busy thought I, shure they must be good*
So, In I went on the day, and the dentist examinted the tooth and said, fine I'll take it out. The dentist X-rayed it, and went at it.......this is where it all went wrong.......after over 1/2 an hour in the chair and the sweat rolling off me, my jaw hinges were sore,my skull bursting, and my head braced by the dental hygenist, the denist gave up citing they were unable to remove it.
I was in immense discomfort.
I was sent out to the waiting room (for ages) until they were able to contact a dentist who could surgically remove it.......and then I was sent home with 2 tablets of solpadol (is that the stuff??)...that was the last i saw or heard of them, they never contacted me since to see how i got on.
Anyways, the specialist dentist could not see me till lunchtime the next day. Then ensued an evening and night of immence pain - really really sore....it was incredible pain......I hardly slept a wink.......I never experienced such sore piercing dental pain before.....
Next day, went to the next dentist, who was really good.....very professional and efficent.....looked at the x-ray, and said that the tooth was never going to come out conventially.....so, he went at it, split the gum, drilled the roots and removed it, and stitched me up without the massive discomfort I experienced the day previous...much to my relief .
He has since follwed up with me to check on my recovery/progress....very impressive to be fair.
It cost me over €450 all done, with fuel costs, prescriptions, and not to mention the pain and time off......I'm still not healed, very tender, and feel strongly that the first dentist caused major hurt to my gum/socket/tooth etc.
Thing is, I'm really really annoyed at the first dentist.......and would like to know what recourse I have now to taking them to task for going at a tooth that was not going to come out conventionally......?
Can any professionals here give their thoughts/experience on this please?