Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing announcements

Options
  • 26-07-2012 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Do any folk here know if RTÉ do announcements of testing of Saorview at transmitters?
    I'm particularly interested in full-power tests from Clermont Carn using what will be the final configuration of channels and polar response. I'm in Bangor (Co Down) and the analogue signals from CC are reasonable.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

I don't know if they'd make a specific announcement, you could check Aertel P.169 for any engineering work that involves switching off all tv, or, failing that, the Saorview Facebook page. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Iderown

Many thanks, Peter. I'll regularly check the Aertel page for any likely announcement. Should be able to guess what will be happening from the extent of the disruption to the analogue services.

Norm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

My understanding was that the null to the north from CC would not be lifted until DSO in Oct?I suppose there may be the odd test ,but how to know ,except for the good point regarding aertal.I have seen no change recently from S.Down except the Freq change from 3 rock coming in loud and clear,on ch 30.

This might be worth checking out: http://www.rte.ie/aertel/169-05.html

Only mentions Saorview being off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

I have heard that CC won't be increasing power at ASO, but at a later date.:mad:

• Advertisement

Might be some clues as to why in this document.

See the power increases at some tx sites, e.g. Haverfordwest (31st Oct. 2012) which uses channels 52 & 56.

Advertisement