Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-06-2012, 10:31   #46
kneemos

Tried Aqueous cream once did'nt think it was great. A good base will work miracles for your shave.Try Shaving.ie if you can't get it elsewhere.
Advertisement
15-06-2012, 16:22   #47
Lemmy Scott

Try Aqueous cream great shave off it-no rash either
15-06-2012, 16:25   #48
Lemmy Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by bureau2009 View Post
Most chemists stock aqueous cream, also Boots, you might need to ask for it at the counter, it's very widely available.

A tube usually costs about 3 euro, a tub of it about 4.30.

Aqueous cream is B R I L L I A N T for shaving. Apply to face and neck, wait a few minutes, apply warm to hot facecloth, use some shaving gel and your skin will look and feel HUGELY better!
no need for putting damaging shaving gel on thatll flare it up just shave with the acqueous cream
16-06-2012, 13:04   #49
otto_26

Andy!

I have had the same problem the only solution that worked for me is to not shave everyday. I know if you work in a professional environment where you need to be clean shaven it can be hard to do this but if you leave it grow for a day more than you can shave with no problems!
16-06-2012, 13:06   #50
andrewg82

Send a message via Skype™ to andrewg82
king of shaves gel is your only one
Advertisement
16-06-2012, 14:05   #51
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
Boots used to do a great selection of shaving products, which was basically a three step thing - you exfoliated your skin first, then used this kind of oil with your shaving foam and then you put on balm afterwards. I have extraordinarily sensitive skin so used to have terrible problems when I would shave and found those brilliant.
17-06-2012, 00:01   #52
Mc Love

Clinique for men is the best I have tried! Going to cost a bit more than the usual things, but its so worth it! Have great feel to my face and neck after it, even the OH approves
23-06-2012, 15:28   #53
kneemos

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewg82 View Post
king of shaves gel is your only one
Tried it on your recomendation.EXCELLENT
29-07-2012, 09:52   #54
Umpalumpa

Lads looking for advice

Been getting sever burns after shaving which last for a couple of days,they then dry and start to flake.The burns are in the exact same place every time and are around the goatie area.
I've tried electric razors and double edged blade but no change.My routine is usually shower,apply shaving gel,shave,apply silcoks base,wash and apply moisturiser.

Any tips or advice much appreciated
Advertisement
29-07-2012, 10:20   #55
kneemos

Sounds like something you could show your doctor.You might be better off in the long run.
29-07-2012, 23:13   #56
run_Forrest_run

never mind your King of Shaves and other gloop in a can stuff. You need to go back to traditional basics and try DE (double edge shaving) using good quality shave soaps and creams.
You will find lots of help over in the "Facial Hair and Hats" forum here
Thanks from:
30-07-2012, 17:14   #57
cantdecide

I haven't read the whole thread...

I used to suffer while shaving with sensitive skin for years. In the end, the only way I got around it was giving up all the lotions, creams oils etc etc. Nothing except soap. It was an accidental discovery born out of laziness!!

When you have sensitive skin, the natural instinct is to try to fix it. Over a period of years I noticed that while trying all the different things on the market that they would work to varying extents but the more effective the lotion, the more I needed to keep on using it. After running out of the latest thing and not knowing what I wanted to try next, I just used soap and water and after a week or two of being raw after shaving, it all settled down. I realised that a little discomfort was far superior to a regime of chemicals that ultimately left me more susceptible to sensitive skin.
01-08-2012, 22:47   #58
MrDetective

Just had the BEST shave of my life thanks to reading this thread and buying the King of Shaves range.

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS CHRIST if God could shave a person, I imagine that's what it would feel like.

I've got sensitive skin, always got razor burn etc. I even tried using oil once but that was a disaster. And I've never had any luck the Mach 3 or any of that sh*t.

So I said f*ck it, might as well give it a go since people here recommend it, and I bought the KOS scrub, oil, azor 5 blade and face balm. And it was INCREDIBLE!

*And it all smells great too!
03-08-2012, 19:59   #59
Shane732

Could we get a one post general advice? I suffer from irritation after using an electric razor. I'm getting a little bit lost in the advice here.

What I would really appreciate advice on is the following:

What razor to use?
Should I use a pre-shave? If so, what pre-shave?
What cream should I use?
Should I use a post-shave? If so, what post shave?
03-08-2012, 20:26   #60
kneemos

Avoid anything in a can,buy a brush and cream or soap.Pre and post creams I would say yes if you have sensitive skin.Best to use a five blade razor such as gillet or the cheaper wilkinson hydro which last longer.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion