Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-08-2011, 22:16   #16
funnyname

Indeed but am I really being that naive to think that we can get to fibre for all (~97.5% of the country's population) within 20 years?
Advertisement
25-08-2011, 22:34   #17
bealtine

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyname View Post
Indeed but am I really being that naive to think that we can get to fibre for all (~97.5% of the country's population) within 20 years?
That's why groups like IrelandOffline exist to campaign for decent services for all.
Not midband or satellite they are only stopgap measures (yes even LTE)
Thanks from:
26-07-2012, 22:32   #18
davrac

Same problems

Hi Funnyname.

Im living in the same area as you between Craughwell and Clarinbridge.Kilcolgan, out the killeeneen road, near the turlough.

I have eircom DSL with crap line attenuation just below 60DB. i cant get above 3mb/384 with the real speed being a fraction of that.

I have checked out all the providers, Lighthouse were the only company who took the time to do a survey, and no line of sight.

I live in a two story house on high(ish) ground, and would be willing to pay a premium for a good service. I work in IT as a network engineer, and would even be willing to start a local scheme if enough people would commit to a service, the backhaul is available at a High cost, than when spread around would be OK.

Does anyone in this area have an interest? if so PM me.

David
27-07-2012, 01:42   #19
Sponge Bob
Banned

See if Lighthouse will locate on your high site, they have plenty of bandwidth but few high sights in Craughwell etc....it being kinda flat and that.
30-07-2012, 11:50   #20
funnyname

I'm surprised that Airwire did come out and do a LoS test for you, two of my next door neighbours are also with them as they left bay networks due to signal issues.

I'll drop you a pm soon.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion