Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pictage.ie gone bust ?

Options
  • 08-07-2011 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Guys, hope you can help me out here.

I'm trying to track down the guy who is/used to be pictage.ie

We paid for a photography session which occoured & we were supposed to get a number of prints from him.

Now it appears that the website is gone, I tried calling the (mobile) number I had for him & the mailbox is full, so I get the impression he's gone bust.

I really liked the photos he took, but never got prints & I just want to see if I can get them on a CD from him that maybe I can get them printed elsewhere.

Any ideas who he is & how to contact ? All I know is his first name was John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Hi

A whois query returns :

domain: pictage.ie
    descr: JOHN DAVID BURKE

There was no contact information returned.

This thread would seem to indicate that pictage.ie and reportageweddings.ie are run by the same person.

reportageweddings.ie also appears to be down.

A quick google returns a number of hits, most of which refer back to the sites that are down. However, This page reports John Burke's location as Smithfield, Dublin 7.

It also lists a cellphone number. I don't really want to post his number in a public forum but it's on that page for you to look up. However, it may be the one you already have.

This page, however, also lists a landline number which may be more current.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks for that Liamo, The landline numbers appear to be voip redirects but as the mobiles are off/dead, they're a dead end. I was able to find (yet another) number under a different domain, which also had what I think is a home address listed, but that's just going to voicemail too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mdhouse

Hey, upon my many attempts of googling "john burke/john david burke/ reportageweddings.ie/pictage.ie" and any other know connection I came across this post.
    Anyway I am also looking for said photographer. I had him do my wedding photos last August and still have not recieved them. The last point of contact was an email in April saying that he woulde phone my husband or I the following day. That call never came. All his points of contact seem to be disconnected. The address and landline number he was using are virtual offices in town. The Smithfiled connection bears no substance also as I think he was renting an apartment in the area.
    I have some contacts working in the photography supplies area who are keeping an eye out for him. I have supplied them with a very detailed discription of him including a photo. I am even at the point of considering hiring a private investigator. Although this all seems obsessive, I really want my wedding photos as family member has since passed and the value of them photo's are priceless.
    I'm not letting up on getting track of them some how as this point I have spent hours upon hours searching any possible connection.
    Upon one phonecall back in March he did inform my husband that the wedding photography business went bust and he would send on the photo's so I am guessing the same happened to pictage.ie.
    Obvioulsy the resession has hit hard and its unfortunate that his business has gone bust but photographs can mean so much to some people plus the fact its a heartless thing to do to someome especially on their wedding day coupled with the fact its embarassing when people ask to see you're album.
    Sorry to rant on but my frustraions are running high at this point. If I get any more leads I'll let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bolt09

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone got anywhere with this??

i came across this thread while trying to find info on pictage as i was going to buy a living social voucher for them today:

http://livingsocial.com/cities/68/deals/96177-two-hour-photography-session-with-ten-prints

website looked a bit dodge - as everyone said theres no contact info! if you're still trying to find him maybe contact living social (on the sly) to see if they can give you his details?

also there a john burke photography in co. meath:

http://www.johnburkephotography.ie/index.php

there's a mobile no. on there, maybe same guy?

obviously i've reconsidered my deal purchase...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I did eventually get in touch through pictage@ireland.com.

We got our prints but were disappointed in them. Three of them were printed with a watermark on them & there were others that were B&W which should have been colour & vice versa. I contacted him again at the end of august & was told he'd get them reprinted. Haven't heard anything since & he hasn't replied to email.

The other John Burke is not connected (I spoke with him).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bonbondar

Oh my god it is just by chance I found this thread. I had John booked for ny weddig now in Feb and called him there to ask what's going on. He said he is gone bust. I asked why he didn't call me and he said he was still honouring the weddings that booked him. He has also emigrated. I was like no thanks, he hadn't even the decency to call me and tell me. I had engagment shoots done with him and he said he was changing the reportage weddigs website to a .com instead of .ie at the time and thats why it will be down for a while. Bloody liar. I'm disgusted.

Well the brass neck of that man.
    He told me he had gone bust when i rang him and he had emigrated.
    Who did I get an email from just now only pictage with Christmas deal offers for canvases. Is he for real??????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

just to point out that those of you who are pissed off can and should seek assistance of a solicitor - if a photographer does not perform their job to the level expected he/she may be liable....if the person has taken deposits for other weddings/jobs in this country and has filed bankruptcy I'm sure revenue would love to hear the correct times and dates.

if he has indeed left this country and has not contacted clients (or even informed them of his financial status) - its very bad form and reflects badly on him.

The quicker the photography industry is regulated the better - anyone with a DSLR can work as a professional and there is no standard to aspire to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 byebyebazman

Hi,
    We had our wedding in June 10. We only got the final draft for the pictures back to him in June 11. He told us we would have to wait untill after the wedding season was over as he had other clients that would be expecting their photos first (as we had delayed so long).
    We never heard from him again.

I tried him at the "pictage@ireland.com" and the mail was returned undeliverable.

We just want to buy our photos off him. Its win win for him!

Has anybody here got any further information? i.e

Which country has he emigrated to?
    Has he started a new photography business?
    Any more contact address info?

Would really appreciate any help!

Bazman

• Registered Users Posts: 5 scootermart

Hi Bazman

We are in the same boat as you - we just want to buy the photos, so as you said it's a win win for him. Did you ever get anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 byebyebazman

bazman how did you get this email? Is he back in Ireland trading again?

Advertisement