Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My God, it's full of posts!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,611 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They are indeed pretty good. Not sure which out of the three I'd go for? Put up a poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's all a fix. Didn't even make it to the short list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You misunderstand, they are great, we continue the search and I may use one of my own anyways, cos I can, or Mr E, Sierra Oscar or Logie could just trump us all and make a new thread... BANG! just like that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Jack burton

General Retro Discussion III: The search for a thread that stays on topic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

010001110110010101101110011001010111001001100001011011000010000001010010011001010111010001110010011011110010000001000100011010010111001101100011011101010111001101110011011010010110111101101110

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

General Retro Discussion III: The search for a thread that stays on topic

I'm going to have to say, at this juncture, that by it's very nature, General Retro Discussion has many disparate topics which may be considered "on".
    These include the following, but this list does not suggest exclusivity, additions may be made at any time, things that may be considered on topic at a later date.
    So, here's a list of relevant GRD (son of) discussion points....

Gaming in general.
    Retrogaming in general.
    Retrogaming in general, including their sons.
    Retr0gaming.
    Retr0gaming in a frock.
    Boulder Dash Obsession may be expressed here, but only under the direction of a medical practitioner.
    Dinorex's meth dealer does not count as a medical practitioner.
    Drunken posts that may or may not allude to retrogames, loving all you'se guys or reporting unsuccessful sexual encounters.
    Pantrys are considered relevant, as are gold wallpapered pantrys, wearing a monocle at these times is considered essential.
    References to mountain lodges, expensive jumpers and living in the Cayman Isles is a source of some jealousy but has been allowed in the past, so future posts on the subject may not be censured.
    Hipsters or barred from entry to these forums, any bicycles owned will be checked to have more than one gear, jeans may not be coloured mustard and odd facial hair arrangements will be judged on an individual basis.
    Limerick people are welcomed, but all other users will be warned due to high Nippon-o-philia levels being detected in Limerick users wake, it must be like a Hello Kitty party down there, 24/7!
    As with Boulder Dash, any Raiden or Darius obsessions must be only practiced with a relevant treatment schedule from the MDT, along with risk assessments and the long term goals for the individual in question.
    Discussions about the age/vintage of regular posting moderators should be avoided as he is easily hurt and sensitive.
    I am an angry, jealous god, keep it in mind when testing the boundaries....

I do bite, but only on request.....

Now, on the subject of topics for the GRD (son of) I hope that clears a few things up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,979 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How about the 'Retr0gamer is great thread'?

Not a popular choice then?

You know, it has it's merit, maybe next time we hit 10,000, sometime in 2013.... hold onto that dream Retr0!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, here's a list of relevant GRD (son of) discussion points....

Boulder Dash Obsession may be expressed here, but only under the direction of a medical practitioner.
    Dinorex's meth dealer does not count as a medical practitioner.

Hipsters or barred from entry to these forums, any bicycles owned will be checked to have more than one gear, jeans may not be coloured mustard and odd facial hair arrangements will be judged on an individual basis.

As with Boulder Dash, any Raiden or Darius obsessions must be only practiced with a relevant treatment schedule from the MDT, along with risk assessments and the long term goals for the individual in question.

I do bite, but only on request.....

Hmm i Resemble those remarks:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bang your chat about stuff in this place now thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Retro Chat 3 (featuring Ciderman as Knuckles)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Totally Math General Retro Discussion
    Oh My Glob General Retro Discussion
    General Retro DiscussionWhatever It's 2009
    This General Retro Discussion is in UNACCEPTABLE CONDITION
    Wack With Poo Brain General Retro Discussion

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

General Retro Discussion: It's Aged Surprisingly Well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

General Retro Discussion: Now in 8-Bit!

Of course we could use that one ad infinitum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Super PREMIUM BOX General Retro Discussion SPECIAL CARAVAN GO! GO! DX

I still like this :o

General Retro Discussion It Does Exactly What It Says On The Tin!

Cidermans fireside retro chit chat... Now with added smell of rich mahogany!

v check the attachment

Sera wrote: »
    v check the attachment

212606.png

Too good to be hidden away behind a link!

was just too lazy to link it properly so thanks :3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

212606.png

Surely we have a winner here! Get's my vote anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

All your post are belong to us....generally

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

LoGiE wrote: »
    General Retro Discussion: Now in 8-Bit!

Of course we could use that one ad infinitum...

Gets my vote :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

General Ackbar's Retro Discussion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,979 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

General Ackbar's Retro Discussion

It's a Trap!

And, although it wasn't a competition, Seras Keep Calm and Discuss Retro Generally was the best of a great selection, so for the next 10,000 posts that's the title of home around these parts!
    Thanks Sera!

And it was a competition, Sera's Keep Calm and Discuss Retro Generally was the best!
    Thanks Sera!
    FYP
    I WON! I WON!

Advertisement