Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repaired Iphone 3gs touchscreen not working

Options
  • 11-07-2012 9:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭

Hi, I smashed my Iphone 3gs about 2months ago and it was in perfect order. So I decided to get a new screen for it, so I ordered it on Sunday and it came yesterday. Well I took it apart and then put it all back together after about 2 hours and it turned on and everything. The only problem is that it isn't responding to touch. I read maybe that the number 2 cable might not be working but I pushed that in and its still not working. What can I do? I don't want this to be broken it cost £400. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You need to take it apart yet again and make all connections are tight before putting it back together again.
    Similar thing happened to me, but after checking the connection I got it to work.
    Did you change the glass or the digitiser or both?

If all else fails go to a shop and let them have a go, they might want to use their own stuff which will cost you again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Hi, I changed the Glass. But to do that I had to take the front of the phone out (you know with the 3 wires, 1,2 and 3) and then do it. But I put it back and it was working except it won't respond to touch. I've taken it apart 3 times and pushed the number 2 cable in twice. I've pushed it in as hard as possible and its not doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you only changed the glass and not the digitiser itself then you might have broken it while changing the glass.
    I suggest either buy another digitiser and try switching that or take it to a shop and let them handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

3 is the touch screen, make sure you have put it in correctly. lift the flap, slide it in fully and close it fully.

Advertisement