Pinaclav same as Augmentin? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

10-07-2012, 16:49   #1
Galwaygirlee

Pinaclav same as Augmentin?

The title says it all really...
I got a prescription for Augmentin but the pharmacy didn't have it and gave me Pinaclav instead.
I did query the pharmacist but I'm almost 9 months pregnant and just want to be double sure that Pinaclav is the same as Augmentin before I take it.
Thanks.
Advertisement
10-07-2012, 17:24   #2
Vorsprung

They both contain co-amoxiclav, which is sold under the brand names Augmentin and Pinaclav.

Last edited by Vorsprung; 10-07-2012 at 18:21.
Thanks from:
10-07-2012, 17:48   #3
Galwaygirlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung View Post
They both contain co-amoxiclav, which is sold under the brand names of Augmentin and Pinaclav.
Really appreciate the reply Vorsprung
10-07-2012, 21:02   #4
locum-motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galwaygirlee View Post
I did query the pharmacist but I'm almost 9 months pregnant and just want to be double sure that Pinaclav is the same as Augmentin before I take it.
Thanks.
A quick question, which I pose as a 'thought provoker' rather than looking for an answer:

You say you asked the pharmacist who told you that they're the same thing. You KNOW about the bona fides of the person you spoke to there - they're a registered pharmacist in a registered pharmacy.

Yet you don't believe them.

So you came here to ask the same question: will you believe anyone who might answer?

If the answer is 'Yes', my question is: Why?

Vorsprung has answered. I can confirm that his answer is correct. But you don't know anything about who either of us is.

Why disbelieve a person that you know is a pharmacist, but believe randomers on the 'net?

Hope you get well soon.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed