Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-07-2012, 16:35   #16
sandin
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM Ireland View Post
This is not what I have found. In fact, Ive found that some quotes for identical vehicles with new drivers over 25 to be up to three times more expensive to buiy here in Ireland compared to the UK.
In my experience UK is WAY more expensive.

Churchill - car value £25k stg (40keuro), 10years+ no claims, full lic, age 44, living in rural town in cambs (an old address of mine) fully comp £605

This year via broker, I am paying just over €450 for identical insurance over here living in rural town about 60km from dublin.

That's a big difference.
Advertisement
27-12-2012, 18:07   #17
xnightwishx

So does anyone know if your working in England can you buy a car and insure/tax it in the UK but keep it in Ireland to drive?
28-12-2012, 16:29   #18
Atlantic Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnightwishx View Post
So does anyone know if your working in England can you buy a car and insure/tax it in the UK but keep it in Ireland to drive?
If you are living in the UK and can proove this from a VRT point of view yes, however most insurance companies limit overseas cover to 30 days which would mean you would have to return it to the UK every 30 days.
29-12-2012, 15:51   #19
bedirect

You will not be covered unless living & your car registered in the UK
There is a schedulce of insurance companies that have persmission to insure in the republic so you have to use one of them

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion