Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #78

Options
  • 02-07-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here the latest Album of the Week. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. Here's the breakdown of the votes. Only albums with more than one vote are listed. There was a three-horse race this time around with Lamb of God's Sacrament tying with Sleep's Holy Mountain. Both albums gained just one solitary vote more than Legion by Deicide.

As I'm not familiar with each of the bands that tied I checked out a couple of their videos online and I was most impressed by Lamb of God so I'm going to give them the deciding vote.

Band|Album|Votes
    Lamb of God|Sacrament|4
    Sleep|Holy Mountain|4
    Deicide|Legion|3
    The Sisters of Mercy|Floodlands|2
    Drowning Pool|Sinner|2

Here is Redneck from the winning album, Sacrament by Lamb of God.

On a side-note, I wish YouTube would fuck off with their shite ads that appear before videos. I realise they have to make money somehow but putting having my ears assaulted by some gurning gimp is only going to ensure that I do my best to never buy whatever poxy product the aforementioned gimp is pushing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Hells Yes, Result.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Don't have much more to say on these lads that I didn't say in the Academy Gig thread, but if you haven't seen them live, go see them live. Possibly the best metal (and live) band on the planet at the moment.

Redneck, to me, is in the top 10 metal songs of the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Lamb of God, for me, are a very dependable band. I know when they put out an album it's going to be at the very least decently good. They know exactly what they're about and they sure as hell do it well.

I have to say though I do prefer the earlier side of their discography. Sacrament marking the divide with Wrath and Resolution being on the weaker side although both are still a good listen.

Redneck is a pretty awesome song to be fair but the stand out tracks for me would have to be Walk With Me In Hell, Pathetic and this beauty below.

Solid throughout, the outro really makes it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Malice wrote: »
    As I'm not familiar with each of the bands that tied I checked out a couple of their videos online and I was most impressed by Lamb of God so I'm going to give them the deciding vote.

On a side-note, I wish YouTube would fuck off with their shite ads that appear before videos. I realise they have to make money somehow but putting having my ears assaulted by some gurning gimp is only going to ensure that I do my best to never buy whatever poxy product the aforementioned gimp is pushing.

Not familiar with Lamb of God :O very surprising! Sacrament is a great album though I probably don't give it as much time as I should compared to their older more rawer sounding albums. Sleep's Holy Mountain is an absolute stomper of a doom record too that people should check out!

Also Malice, the Google Chrome/FireFox app AdBlock actually gets rid of youtube ads before videos (and most other ads you can think of). Probably the best browser add-on you can get!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Not familiar with Lamb of God :O very surprising!
    I'm not sure what I listened to a few years ago but it was something of theirs and it didn't appeal to me at all at the time. I kind of left them to one side as a result.
    Also Malice, the Google Chrome/FireFox app AdBlock actually gets rid of youtube ads before videos (and most other ads you can think of). Probably the best browser add-on you can get!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
    Hmm, that's odd. I run AdBlock on Firefox, I wonder why it didn't block that ad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I'm not sure what I listened to a few years ago but it was something of theirs and it didn't appeal to me at all at the time. I kind of left them to one side as a result.

In that case this one's for you Malice :p

All punnery aside, it's a good example of earlier Lamb of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Schism wrote: »
    In that case this one's for you Malice :p

All punnery aside, it's a good example of earlier Lamb of God.

i lol'd. Great pun, great tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Hmm, that's odd. I run AdBlock on Firefox, I wonder why it didn't block that ad?

Firefox has a recent problem apparently! solution here I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Great album and the one that introduced me to LOG. All tracks on it are good but my favourites are 'Redneck' and 'Blacken The Cursed Sun'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lyons2

To be honest sister of mercy should not even be in this category, they have what you would call............class :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement