ARITECH CS-350. - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-06-2012, 16:50   #1
realplayer

ARITECH CS-350.

My house alarm is an ARITECH CS-350 (DK 3403). It was installed around June 2000. It has worked very well. For last 3 months I was getting a 'low battery' alert. A couple of nights ago there was an ESB outage here in Clonsilla, the alarm sounded and I entered the disarm code and it stopped ringing. The power came on and then off again. I re-entered the disarm code and this time it would not stop ringing. As it was the middle of the night I had to stop the ringing, so I removed the panel cover and pulled out a small electrical plug from the panel. The noise stopped.

The next morning with the power back on I put the plug back in place and tried to arm the system but failed. I kept getting the message displayed 'open zone(s)' and 'panel tamper'. I have the original engineer's code, but nothing I do will let me re-arm the alarm. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Advertisement
06-06-2012, 17:17   #2
lgk

1. Buy and fit a new battery in the control panel
2. Replace the control panel properly (engaging the sprung micro switch)
06-06-2012, 17:52   #3
fred funk }{

Sounds like it has reverted to factory settings. User code is 1122 and engineer code is 1278. Power it back up and enter 1122 see if it disarms.
06-06-2012, 18:55   #4
KoolKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by realplayer View Post

I kept getting the message displayed 'open zone(s)' and 'panel tamper'. I have the original engineer's code, but nothing I do will let me re-arm the alarm. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Try open & close the panel lid. You should hear the tamper spring click closed as you put the lid on.
07-06-2012, 15:20   #5
realplayer

Thanks for your help. I found the Installation Instructions manual left behind by the original engineer. To cut a long story short I managed to muddle through the Engineer's Menu and for the moment anyway I am able to arm and disarm the system. Fingers crossed.
Advertisement
07-06-2012, 15:23   #6
KoolKid

Sounds like you did OK. Any problems give us a shout.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion