Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012(Auction)

Options
  • 30-05-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Moved from the other Fantasy Euros thread, hopefully the mods can move the posts from that thread to here

This is Fantasy Euros with a twist. There is an auction for each of the players so only one person in the league can have each player. There are a few links below, one is the homepage to register, the other contains the rules and the final one contains a quick guide to how the game runs

http://www.fantasyleague.com/Default.aspx

League Name: Boards.ie
    League Code: 43962

http://www.fantasyleague.com/ProEuro/Content/LeagueRulesIntroduction.aspx

http://www.fantasyleague.com/ProEuro/Content/NewUser.aspx

These are the suggested dates for the bidding

Round 1: Deadline midnight Sunday June 3rd
    Round 2: Monday June 4th 12pm until midnight
    Round 3: Tuesday June 5th 12pm until midnight
    Round 4: Wednesday June 6th 12pm until midnight

Can anyone interested post their team name just so I know who is who? Also, there is a bit of a debate going at the minute to decide if we should be allowed 2 or 3 players from each country so please leave your opinion on this

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

should probably post in the soccer forum to let them know about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

swoody wrote: »
    should probably post in the soccer forum to let them know about it

Will do, cheers. If we get a couple of more players we can split it into two divisions and people will be able to have better teams

btw, did someone from here apply this morning with the name heakee29?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

When do we start picking our players and placing bids?

When do we start picking our players and placing bids?

You can start planning your squad now but bidding probably wont start until Sunday. The proposed dates are in the first post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Any idea what the consequences are of missing an auction round?

I guess I'll just have to try harder to have my team picked after the first 2 rounds, because I'm going to struggle to make June 5th within those 12 hours.

• Advertisement

carlcon wrote: »

I guess I'll just have to try harder to have my team picked after the first 2 rounds, because I'm going to struggle to make June 5th within those 12 hours.
    Process Bids
    When the deadline has passed and you are happy that all managers' bids are in, the Chairman can process the bids and set the next round deadline. Each player is then allocated to the highest bidder. In the event of a tied bid, the player is allocated according the pre-specified order (tie preference), which is automatically generated when a bid deadline is set-up.
    Each time a round of bids is processed by the chairman and a new deadline set, an email is sent out to the managers, keeping them up to date with their developing squads and the new bid deadlines and tie preferences. The same process continues for subsequent rounds, with the players already bought appearing in each team as confirmed.
    Managers who have no money can continue to bid nothing for players (as long as your minimum bid is zero), but when all spaces are filled, a manager takes no further part in the Auction.
    each auction closes when Munster Magic chooses and he then sets a new time so it doesnt have to be the said time that day!

Going by what swoody said above I have to be online to open and close the auction so we might have to alter the times that I have in the first post. I dont fancy staying up until midnight every night to close it and process the bids.

I will open the auction on Friday morning and the deadline for the first round of bids will be Sunday evening, will we say 6pm? I will then process the bids on Sunday evening and hopefully have round 2 of the bidding open on Sunday night and it will close at 6pm Monday evening and hopefully I can do the same and process the bids Monday evening and open round 3 on Monday night. You get the idea, so for round 3 you should have from Monday evening until Tuesday evening to submit your bids, if you dont get it in I will leave it open until Wednesday morning.

Dont worry, we will sort something, you could pm me your bids if you want :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

6pm might be a bit early, if people are stuck in work and have to get home... could we do a bit later? I do respect that you're putting in the hard work with this, but at the same time i think a bit of leeway is important so no one gets caught out

Going by what swoody said above I have to be online to open and close the auction so we might have to alter the times that I have in the first post. I dont fancy staying up until midnight every night to close it and process the bids.

I will open the auction on Friday morning and the deadline for the first round of bids will be Sunday evening, will we say 6pm? I will then process the bids on Sunday evening and hopefully have round 2 of the bidding open on Sunday night and it will close at 6pm Monday evening and hopefully I can do the same and process the bids Monday evening and open round 3 on Monday night. You get the idea, so for round 3 you should have from Monday evening until Tuesday evening to submit your bids, if you dont get it in I will leave it open until Wednesday morning.

Dont worry, we will sort something, you could pm me your bids if you want :-)

I don't see how this wouldn't work, to be honest. Knowing you have control over when to close bidding makes it much easier. I thought it might be automated, and all you did was pick the days. Seems fine to me now.

I may need Tuesday's round (the 3rd round) to be left open until Wednesday morning, which I'm sure is easily workable.

manual_man wrote: »
    6pm might be a bit early, if people are stuck in work and have to get home... could we do a bit later? I do respect that you're putting in the hard work with this, but at the same time i think a bit of leeway is important so no one gets caught out

I know what you are saying but hopefully there wont be any of us working on Sunday or Monday(bank holiday) and if carlcon needs it left open on Tuesday night that should mean we should be alright for the first three rounds. As I said above we will have the evening before to submit bids as well I hope so it should be ok but if anyone hasnt an entry in before the deadline I can leave it open until the following morning.

Just want to have some sort of deadline set as we might need the four sets of bidding rounds, but I have left Thursday free just in case things run a little bit behind so no need to worry, if you havent your bids in for 6pm on an evening I will just email you a reminder and leave the auction open overnight

• Advertisement

I don't see how this wouldn't work, to be honest. Knowing you have control over when to close bidding makes it much easier. I thought it might be automated, and all you did was pick the days. Seems fine to me now.
    I may need Tuesday's round (the 3rd round) to be left open until Wednesday morning, which I'm sure is easily workable.

That wont be a problem, I wont be closing the auction until all managers have submitted their bids, not sure I can anyway

I will be closing this league tomorrow morning so if anyone else wants to enter click on the link in the first post and apply

To everyone else that has entered already the auction will be open tomorrow morning and the deadline will be Sunday evening

Nice one chief. Hats off

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Good job Munster :). Has the 2 or 3 player quota been decided yet?

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Good job Munster :). Has the 2 or 3 player quota been decided yet?

Looking like 3, the vote count was 5-2 in favour of 3 anyway. We have had a few players join since but none of them have said which they would prefer so it will probably be 3

League now closed, auction open, deadline is Sunday June 3rd at 6pm

Let battle commence

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

so how do i bid for a player? and why is there 2 separate leagues?

This is all very confusing.

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    so how do i bid for a player? and why is there 2 separate leagues?

This is all very confusing.

never mind i figured it out,this tactical bidding is great made a few cheeky bids

I decided to split it into two so people could have better teams, lads would lose interest very fast if they ended up with Henderson and Carroll in their team:D

• Advertisement

I've just bid 10.5m for Van Persie

Dont think your meant to tell people that, someone will just put in a higher bid now.

Unless this is some brilliant bluff

Should we post our bids here?

Should we post our bids here?

You can if you want but I wouldnt advise it unless you want to end up with no players after the first round of bidding

if you did you can probably start planning on who you will get instead of him now

10.55 :P

if you did you can probably start planning on who you will get instead of him now

Did i say 10.5...

:pac: :D

Yes... Yes, we should all post our bids here...

twIhu.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Lads where is the online auction? I can't see it.

• Advertisement

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Lads where is the online auction? I can't see it.

Just click in to your team. Auction page should come right up

Advertisement