Build new pc for Diablo 3 - Budget: 5-600€ - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-05-2012, 23:05   #31
Monotype

Maybe you can rotate the heatsink or put the fan on another side. I wouldn't be concerned if the fan was just touching a RAM heatsink. RAM doesn't really get that hot.
Advertisement
29-05-2012, 23:38   #32
jaykay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotype View Post
Maybe you can rotate the heatsink or put the fan on another side. I wouldn't be concerned if the fan was just touching a RAM heatsink. RAM doesn't really get that hot.
It not actually the ram heatsink, it's one of the motherboard heatsinks.

Was going to be a tight fit anyway. The HR-02 Macho is big!
29-05-2012, 23:56   #33
..Brian..

The HR-02 Macho does not fit on the ASrock Z77 Extreme 4? Are you sure? Their so commonly speced together ...
30-05-2012, 07:11   #34
jaykay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Brian.. View Post
The HR-02 Macho does not fit on the ASrock Z77 Extreme 4? Are you sure? Their so commonly speced together ...
Well, im sure I could have got it in there if I had spent more time on it but at the time it seemed more trouble than it was worth. The ram I have also has a heatsink and that made it a little more awkward. I couldn't get at the side to attach the screw that holds on the cooler.

First time build also so happy enough with how it all went in the end.
30-05-2012, 12:28   #35
Tibor Duchaj

Sweeeet! So it all works fine, is it?
Hopefully mine will be here by friday too, so I can have the long weekend spent with the comp hahaha
Did you order a spearate cooler for the processor? If it is too big maybe someone could get it off you from here?
Advertisement
31-05-2012, 11:25   #36
jaykay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor Duchaj View Post
Sweeeet! So it all works fine, is it?
Hopefully mine will be here by friday too, so I can have the long weekend spent with the comp hahaha
Did you order a spearate cooler for the processor? If it is too big maybe someone could get it off you from here?
I actually had a problem once I had everything installed tried to play battlefield 3. I couldn't get it to run and spent literally 10 hours reading over hundreds of pages of posts in relation to battlefield 3 problems. It seemed like there were thousands of people out there who were in the same boat as me, yet no one could provide a solution. 

Came across something on the ea forum that mentioned a piece of software that came with the driver disk for my  Asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard, that interfered with battlefield 3. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but I disabled it last night and have been able to play since. 

Very satisfied that I was able to get it running despite the lack of help from dice or ea directly. 
(2) thanks from:
31-05-2012, 18:50   #37
Monotype

^^ Thanks for posting that. Someone in another thread had that problem.
31-05-2012, 20:55   #38
jaykay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotype View Post
^^ Thanks for posting that. Someone in another thread had that problem.
No problem. I plan on joining up on a couple of the forums I was searching for answers on, and putting it up for others to see.

Anyway, the problem was Virtue MVP for anyone interested.

Hope it helps someone out.
01-06-2012, 12:21   #39
Tibor Duchaj

Nice job buddy! Well my package is in Ireland since yesterday morning in: PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS - but apparently they didnt move it since yesterday :S
So most likely i`ll get it delivered next week. Now monday is a bank holiday so it is a long wend with a pc, but i`ll just keep playin my xbox then i guess
Jay i`m glad your pc is working fine & have a great weekend!!
Advertisement
01-06-2012, 15:24   #40
jaykay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor Duchaj View Post
Nice job buddy! Well my package is in Ireland since yesterday morning in: PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS - but apparently they didnt move it since yesterday :S
So most likely i`ll get it delivered next week. Now monday is a bank holiday so it is a long wend with a pc, but i`ll just keep playin my xbox then i guess
Jay i`m glad your pc is working fine & have a great weekend!!
Well thank you very much!

I hope yours is delivered today. I wasnt expecting mine the day it arrived. It was still saying on the dhl.de site that it was in the depot for sorting or something like that but it arrived ahead of schedule.

Hope something similar happens to you.

Anyway, enjoy the weekend.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion