Scope for new 223 Tika - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-05-2012, 15:53   #1
gearoidol

Scope for new 223 Tika

i just bought a tika t3 lite 223 stainless.What would be a suitable scope for

Fox shooting day /night
Long range rabbit
A little Target Shooting

I have about 700 euro budget.

Im thinking bushnell 6500 4.5-30x50 Elite tactical.
http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...0x50+Tactical/
I want target turrets,mildot and side parallax

Any ideas ?
Advertisement
09-05-2012, 19:51   #2
palo

Hello gearoidol.
The scope you mentioned the bushnell would be a good choice a friend of mine has one on his sako 223 the only thing he sayes about it is that the cross hairs are a bit light for night shooting im not sure what retical he has but for any day time shooting he is more than happy with it. I would try for one with a illum dot the only way to be sure is to actully hold one and look true it, youe budget will be another thing.
10-05-2012, 12:22   #3
Mike87
Closed Account

I have a sidewinder and would recommend it.
10-05-2012, 12:58   #4
Vegeta

I have a similar scope to the one you posted about OP and it is a great all round scope. I really enjoy using it.

Yeah whether they are worth more than the Hawke Sidewinder scopes, well I'll leave that to someone who has used both
10-05-2012, 13:29   #5
gearoidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
I have a similar scope to the one you posted about OP and it is a great all round scope. I really enjoy using it.

Yeah whether they are worth more than the Hawke Sidewinder scopes, well I'll leave that to someone who has used both

i have a sidewinder on my hmr 6 - 24x56.Great scope but think id stuggle over 250 yards with it
Advertisement
10-05-2012, 13:53   #6
Hibrion

With 700 I'd go for either: a new Leupold, a second hand top end European fixed power, or put an extra hundred on it and go for a new Zeiss durlyt.

Any of the above would be much better scopes than the Bushnell. For foxing, I'd look at something with a 50 or 56 mm objective, to get the best at low light and for lamping.
10-05-2012, 13:56   #7
gearoidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibrion View Post
With 700 I'd go for either: a new Leupold, a second hand top end European fixed power, or put an extra hundred on it and go for a new Zeiss durlyt.

Any of the above would be much better scopes than the Bushnell. For foxing, I'd look at something with a 50 or 56 mm objective, to get the best at low light and for lamping.
Yeah unfortunately though those brands in that price bracket have very little mag,which is handy for the longer rabbits
10-05-2012, 14:20   #8
Vegeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearoidol View Post
I want target turrets,mildot and side parallax

Any ideas ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibrion View Post
I am not an expert on scopes but I don't think you'll get the requested features listed in the OP in those brands for that money.
10-05-2012, 14:56   #9
Hibrion

Ah, I didn't see that under the link. I'd be looking for a second hand Leupold with target turrets then. You should pick one up for that price and they are backed by an amazing warranty, so you can't go wrong.

Why are you set on target turrets, if you don't mind me asking?

I tend not to like the very high mag scopes in cheaper brands due to the lack of clarity. To be honest, most of my shooting, at any range, is done with a fixed 8 power or a variable on 8 or 10. It was the same when I had a 223 and used to shoot long range rabbits and foxes. Just something to bear in mind, that if you don't go for super high magnification, you may get a better quality scope within your budget.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-05-2012, 20:02   #10
Feisar

I done a bit of routing, that Bushnell is a lot of scope for the money, especially at that sale price.

Just a heads up, apparently anything over X4 magnification requires an export licence as detailed in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=78371133
Hopefully you've someone in the UK to ship it to and get them to send it over.
10-05-2012, 22:07   #11
Hibrion

Here you go:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056636148

and 50 quid left over for a set of warne rings for your Tikka!
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion