Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classsic car transport

Options
  • 19-04-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I am currently pricing classic cars in the UK. I have e-mailed about 7 companies in the Uk and Ireland regarding shipping the car from the UK to Ireland. Not one company has replied, so much for the economic downturn. Nobody want by business. My question to anyone out there. Do you know of a shipping company that is reliable and not too expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Big shipping companies wont bother with England to Ireland.

Have a look here

http://www.boards.ie/search/?subforums=1&f=514&q=car+transportation+ireland+to+uk

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

Have you tried NVD ... they quoted me about 300 for a car 12 months ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

John, droped you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭WDB123

sent you PM,

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jozx7r

johnlcvi wrote: »
    I am currently pricing classic cars in the UK. I have e-mailed about 7 companies in the Uk and Ireland regarding shipping the car from the UK to Ireland. Not one company has replied, so much for the economic downturn. Nobody want by business. My question to anyone out there. Do you know of a shipping company that is reliable and not too expensive?

I bought and sold three classic cars for Golden Oldies Self-Drive Classics in the UK and used Harron transport of Kesh in northern Ireland. One each occasion they were prompt careful and reasonably priced.
    don't have their number to hand but google them, worth a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭acmatman

I have used John Flynn Recovery Carlow on three occasions and was more than satisfied 087/9907206

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

I'll drive it home for you

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnlcvi

acmatman wrote: »
    I have used John Flynn Recovery Carlow on three occasions and was more than satisfied 087/9907206

John Flynn is quoting 780 Euros. Too expensive, Thank for the assist.

bbsrs wrote: »
    I'll drive it home for you

Thanks for the offer, however it is not drivable, it starts but does not stop. HaHa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I can do this for you on the back of my truck. pm sent

• Advertisement

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I can do this for you on the back of my truck. pm sent

Thank for the offer. My classic is a 1956 chevy pickup. 3 tons in weight, 16 feet long, 6 feet wide and 6 feet high.

It must be a big truck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Thank for the offer. My classic is a 1956 chevy pickup. 3 tons in weight, 16 feet long, 6 feet wide and 6 feet high.

It must be a big truck.

no issue there. pm replied too.

Advertisement