Camera recommendation - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-05-2012, 12:12   #1
omeatheopian

Camera recommendation

I am looking to get a camera with a budget of € 300 so nothing too fancy obviously. Have no idea of spec etc or where the value might lie, so if someone could suggest a few recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
08-05-2012, 15:10   #2
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeatheopian View Post
I am looking to get a camera with a budget of € 300 so nothing too fancy obviously. Have no idea of spec etc or where the value might lie, so if someone could suggest a few recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
www.dpreview.com and then check on amazon.

would recommend this camera as a great all-rounder that will take great pics and also decent video. also will allow for a bit of more creative stuff if you get into photography. there is a slightly newer version out now but outside (s100) your budget (and new features not that huge an upgrade). 10mp is plenty for printing up to near poster size - don't be swayed by that fact. lens on this camera is nice and the sensor is good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PowerS...6486082&sr=8-1
08-05-2012, 15:33   #3
coffee to go

For pure flexibility (i.e. a camera that can do pretty much everything - like a lens that goes from 1cm super macro to 720mm telephoto and can shoot HD video), the Fuji HS bridge cameras are a good bet.

HS-20

HS-30

We have at least six cameras in the house, but it's our Fuji that usually goes in the bag when you need an all-in-one package and when you don't know what you might end up shooting.
09-05-2012, 13:42   #4
omeatheopian

Cheers guys really appreciate the good advice

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion