Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-05-2012, 05:26   #91
padraig_f

Send a message via MSN to padraig_f
Congratulations Bulls. Series decider in Philadelphia on Thursday cause no way they lose a game 7.

Interesting scoreline at half-time in LA with the Nuggets up 6. I like watching this Nuggets team, the rookie Kenneth Faried is a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully they can send it back to Denver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggo View Post
Ya know what I just realised? The Clippers could do this. The ****ing Clippers.
I saw the end of the game last night and Chris Paul is such a bad-ass. Shot something like 6-7 in the last minute of regulation + overtime. Probably the best closer in the league right now. But I think the 2nd round is about their level. CP3 is carrying the team and I think the talent drop-off after him and Blake is pretty steep. Without CP3 last year they won only 32 games (another testament to what he's done: 32-50 last season to an equivalent of 50 wins this season). But I don't think one person, even of Paul's ability, beats the better teams.
Advertisement
09-05-2012, 06:35   #92
padraig_f

Nuggets survive late Kobe onslaught. Huge game for Javale McGee, in 33 mins: 21 points, 14 rebounds, 2 blocks. He's a key player now in this series to compete with the Laker bigs. Andre Miller was sensational as well, check out his stat sheet: 8-11 FG, 6-6 FT, 2-2 from 3, 8 assists, 1 turnover. Should be a cracking atmosphere for game 6 in Denver.
09-05-2012, 09:19   #93
leggo

JaVale was awesome last night.

Well Orlando are finally done. We gave ourselves too much work to do, always letting Indiana get a big lead so we had to come back, and the Pacers made us pay big-time in the 4th last night. Great performance from them and well-earned.

New York @ Miami and Clips @ Memphis tonight!
11-05-2012, 02:52   #94
Oat23

CJ Watson doing his best Marion Barber impression. Why pass it to Asik in that situation? Use your head dude!!

That was a tough one. But fair play to the team for fighting back. I gave up half way through the 3rd down double digits.
11-05-2012, 03:27   #95
padraig_f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatesy23 View Post
CJ Watson doing his best Marion Barber impression. Why pass it to Asik in that situation? Use your head dude!!

That was a tough one. But fair play to the team for fighting back. I gave up half way through the 3rd down double digits.
Yeah that was pretty dumb, my jaw dropped as soon as he made the pass. I'm not half as disappointed now as when Rose got injured. Though I predicted better things, it became pretty clear as the series wore on the Bulls weren't going to be much of a factor beyond the first round.

Well done to the 76ers, defended really well (scoring, not so much). It's a young team and it's good experience for them to win a playoff series and get to the 2nd round. Happy for Doug Collins as well. He'd probably have drawn heavy criticism if they lost a 3-1 lead to a Rose-less Bulls, but a playoff series win vindicates his decision to return to coaching.
Advertisement
11-05-2012, 13:59   #96
spiralism

Nuggets fan here, don't post much though. Gotta say i'm incredibly impressed at how we brought in this "energiser bunny" approach and made a series of this, the Lakers have not been able to handle our intensity at all the past two games. Last night was as one sided a playoff game i've seen, it was only 15 points because the reserves finished it off. Kobe is sick and bitching at teammates, MWP hasnt played all series and is coming in cold tomorrow night, Bynum's heart isnt in it at all and Gasol looks atrocious. Looks like a divided lockerroom now too with Mike Brown siding with Kobe against Gasol and Bynum.
Meanwhile someone different is stepping up for us every night, though Faried has been something special throughout. Unity over division.

I'd imagine the Lakers are regretting this from yesterday:

Quote:
Scott Hastings ‏ @ScottHastings
Lakers all packed and ready to fly to okc....hmmm
They were made bits of last night, could not handle the pace at all. Stopped trying after a while, no wonder Kobe was giving out **** in his press conference:

Quote:
Kobe Bryant, asked if teammates matched his heart tonight: "No. Of course they didn't."
Quote:
On Metta World Peace "He's the one guy I can count on, night in and night out, to compete."
Momentum definitely with us now, but even if Lakers pull it off (and it's really beginning to look like they don't have the legs, last two games were dominated by us), OKC will have their merry way with them and take care of business in 5 or less.
Thanks from:
13-05-2012, 03:32   #97
killwill

Fantastic game of ball there between the 6ers and Boston. Thoroughly enjoyable. Rondo stepping up big time tonight with a triple double to clinch game 1.

Next up Nuggets and Lakers. Faried needs to continue his form here if they are to defeat the Lakers in LA.
Bynum and gasol need to step up big time. I fancy Kobe for 30+pts and that idiot MWP to have a great game after his rest.
13-05-2012, 04:18   #98
Formation

Really enjoying the games lately. I rarely get to watch them.

If any of ye dabble in a bit of betting would you be able to direct me to a website that lists (for each game this season) the prematch odds for each team and also the handicap line. I would also require scores for each quarter from every game. Thanks.
13-05-2012, 10:02   #99
leggo

Kinda glad the Lakers are through. It sets up a fantastic conference semi versus OKC. MWP is back, Harden is in fantastic form, OKC have a score to settle but Kobe is still gonna be Kobe. It could be a 4-0 rout for OKC easily or could go the distance. Love it.

And, whatever the result in tonight's last 1st round game, either the Clippers or Memphis will give the Spurs an entertaining series.
Advertisement
13-05-2012, 19:35   #100
Carcharodon

Cant give Nuggets enough credit for last nights game, they were just fantastic for the entire series, one or two more pieces and they could be a real threat in the West. Ock v Lakers will be mental I think
13-05-2012, 20:05   #101
malistheman

ESPN's coverage is an absolute joke. I think I've seen one game on an actual tv and the rest have been on streams on my laptop. Took me a good while to find one for the game on atm
13-05-2012, 20:16   #102
leggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachyscott View Post
ESPN's coverage is an absolute joke. I think I've seen one game on an actual tv and the rest have been on streams on my laptop. Took me a good while to find one for the game on atm
In fairness, the fact that they have it and cover constant regular season and play-off games sporadically is better than we've ever had (I believe?). They're 100% with coverage during Conference Finals and the Finals themselves. But before that basketball is non-existent on the schedule at weekends.

I remember my only NBA fix was the Saturday afternoon recap show on UTV and then hunting around to find what station was covering the Finals every year. So at least we have a semi-reliable spot now. ESPN made my Christmas evening this year with their coverage...was great to sit back after the day and just binge on back-to-back basketball.

But if you want great coverage and can afford it, look into the NBA TV play-off deal. Great quality, you can watch multiple matches split screen, get every game streamed or watch in full afterwards etc. Front Row are good for free streams but you can't beat guaranteed reliability.
Thanks from:
13-05-2012, 20:49   #103
killwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggo View Post
Kinda glad the Lakers are through. It sets up a fantastic conference semi versus OKC. MWP is back, Harden is in fantastic form, OKC have a score to settle but Kobe is still gonna be Kobe. It could be a 4-0 rout for OKC easily or could go the distance. Love it.

And, whatever the result in tonight's last 1st round game, either the Clippers or Memphis will give the Spurs an entertaining series.
Lakers and OKC is like an early Christmas present for me tbh.
I have always been a big Kobe fan and I feel Lakers can step up another gear.
OKC though are probably the most enjoyable team to watch. Harden is on serious form and Durant, well on his day is unplayable.

I see the Clippers falling short tonight but they will invest again during the offseason and come back strong next year.
(2) thanks from:
14-05-2012, 01:24   #104
Carcharodon

Clippers won't be hard to beat but Chris Paul will be a difficult task to handle for most teams.

Miami are going to have a tough series against the Pacers, Hibbert caused them massive problems, Miami did well it the 4th to shut down the lanes and keep the ball out of the paint.
Pacers should keep on trying to get the ball into the big men, I think they have a real advantage there.
14-05-2012, 02:06   #105
leggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcharodon View Post
Clippers won't be hard to beat but Chris Paul will be a difficult task to handle for most teams.

Miami are going to have a tough series against the Pacers, Hibbert caused them massive problems, Miami did well it the 4th to shut down the lanes and keep the ball out of the paint.
Pacers should keep on trying to get the ball into the big men, I think they have a real advantage there.
I can see Miami/Pacers ending like OKC/Mavs, in that they sweep them but all four games are competitive. Pacers struggled majorly at times against a massively under-strength Magic side, and Miami simply won't allow them that leeway once they drop their guard. We tired ourselves out against them, burned out after a long, stressful season, whereas in the Heat's mind the season just begins at the play-offs and they won't be run down.

As for the rest:
  • OKC beat Lakers in 6. But who knows, really? Anything could happen in this one.
  • Spurs sweep Clippers. 5 at most, but very much doubt the Clippers will even get one win.
  • Boston beat Sixers in 6.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion